Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
savillefoxes

Beckford

Anyone else think Becks has quite a long neck? Reminds me of a worm. I sometimes imagine finding him wriggling around on the grass on a rainy day, inside some soil that i've dug up, or being annoyed by a black bird. I'm sure if you accidentally cut him in half the two parts would wriggle around a bit and then turn into two living Beckfords. We could sell one to Uddezfeeyold and keep the other, or sell both? I'm as stiff as a magpie

Hope he keeps scoring, as surely Huddersfield or someone else will take him off our hands when the window opens.

Fact is he never did it for 2 different managers here. Sven, the guy who signed him preferred Schlupp & then NP played him loads only for him to continue to never repay that faith, the few goals he scored on occasion never continued as he failed to find the net in 80% of his games.

Away from that he actually hindered the other 10 guys with sloppy play that saw us lose possession from poor control, lazy passes & a complete failure to link up with anyone.

Meanwhile we've gone from strength to strength since NP has replaced players who didn't perform with ones who are performing and we're top of the table as a result.

I don't recall Beckford being about 5 yards in front of goal with an empty net?

No, he just had plenty of time and needlessly rushed his shot. It's still a miss from a great chance.

Waghorn wasn't good enough on Saturday, like Beckford wasn't earlier this season.

If Vardy was fit he would've started.

No, he just had plenty of time and needlessly rushed his shot. It's still a miss from a great chance.

Waghorn wasn't good enough on Saturday, like Beckford wasn't earlier this season.

If Vardy was fit he would've started.

I think this is the problem we will have though. If Nugent or Vardy get injured Waghorn is the one who seems to be their replacement. In my opinion Waghorn shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. I would like to see Futcas or Schluup given a chance ahead of him.

Hi Town fan here, Beckford has been excellent in his last 2 games. Him and Vaughan are a right handful together (especially Vaughan, just a shame you know there's prob an injury coming his way!!). It would appear you guys don't really want Beckford, we do. You're doing great without him, we are with him. Its a no brainer get him sold to us :)

What's the story with Danns? Always thought he looked a very good player whenever i've seen him but doesn't seem to be anywhere near Pearsons plans

Hi Town fan here, Beckford has been excellent in his last 2 games. Him and Vaughan are a right handful together (especially Vaughan, just a shame you know there's prob an injury coming his way!!). It would appear you guys don't really want Beckford, we do. You're doing great without him, we are with him. Its a no brainer get him sold to us :)

What's the story with Danns? Always thought he looked a very good player whenever i've seen him but doesn't seem to be anywhere near Pearsons plans

Danns was average for a lot of last season, was coming into form then was sent off against Hull and Pearson hasn't really looked at him since.

He's taken a fair bit of stick for it on here but has chosen King, Drinkwater and James ahead of Danns, stuck with them and rightly so given their performances.

Lets keep playing Waghorn who can hit row 34 from 5 yards out like on Saturday.

Or lets keep playing Vardy who got us top with the other 10. The reason Beckford is not here is Jermain Beckford, not Pearson, not Waghorn, not Vardy.

I question the sanity of any fan wanting a player the management have stated wanted to leave.

Simply put, he's not been good enough. Not stood out in any games, not had much of a positive effect, mediocre passing for a central midfielder. We have better options at the moment in Andy King and Danny Drinkwater and Pearson seems to prefer Matty James over Danns.

It's almost win win. If he continues to do well for Huddersfield we simply insist upon £3 million, knowing that they have the money. We then reinvest that money in, say, Charlie Austin. Two clubs can go up automatically, and I'd have no problem if Huddersfield were one of them, as I rather like them.

Or lets keep playing Vardy who got us top with the other 10. The reason Beckford is not here is Jermain Beckford, not Pearson, not Waghorn, not Vardy.

I question the sanity of any fan wanting a player the management have stated wanted to leave.

I agree with keep playing Vardy. Like I said in a previous post that if Nugent or Vardy get injured I don't think Waghorn is suitable replacement.

Archived