Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shearfox

Top of the league, Pearson haters

Now I was never one of the Pearson out brigade,but when he was appointed I was a little disappointed but reserved any judgement,I find it hard to warm to him,I now hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.There are very few weak links if any from the players he has brought in and although a Beckford lover it again seems like I was wrong again,it just didn't seem to work out at our club which is a shame.So,I am big enough and certainly ugly enough to say SORRY NIGEL FOR DOUBTING YOU.ive been impressed ,and that is why I'm a sales rep and not a football manager.

I don't think anyone is being 'smug'.

We are just enjoying being top of the league.

Regarding Beckford... For one last time, certain players seem to enjoy playing for certain managers.

This has always been the case and always will be.

Beckford seems to want to play for Huddersfield and Grayson.. Fair enough, let him.

If you can knock the manager of the team who are currently top of the league in favour of a player who didn't appear to want to play for the club then that's your prerogative.

This is why I hate this forum sometimes, have you even read what I put properly? Or given that you don't think anyone is being smug in this thread (when the whole reason it was set up was to be a smug "we told you so" thread) Have you read this thread properly.

I'll give you a clue, I wasn't and never would have a go at Nigel Pearson in favour of Jermaine Beckford lol

This is why I hate this forum sometimes, have you even read what I put properly? Or given that you don't think anyone is being smug in this thread (when the whole reason it was set up was to be a smug "we told you so" thread) Have you read this thread properly.

I'll give you a clue, I wasn't and never would have a go at Nigel Pearson in favour of Jermaine Beckford lol

I wasn't being 'smug'

As I posted, I'm genuinely surprised at City's position in the division.

Most of us are just enjoying the feeling of being top of the league.

Where I took exception to your post is because it reads as yet another knocking the manager for not 'getting the best out of certain players'.

Wasn't it Pearson who continually played Beckford last season and Beckford let himself and the team down over and over again?

Wasn't it Pearson who started Beckford this season, and again we were all let down?

Pearson's team is top of the league. Bollox to Beckford, this has gone on long enough. He has had chance after chance under TWO different managers and has continually been pretty much pants.

I just don't agree with you. I'm sorry but that's the way of a forum, or so I thought?

I doubted Pearson but trusted him, I rated Beckford, I wondered where Danns was... but as I don't have the ability to see into the future I have to change my views on results, like pretty much every other football fan!

But we are top of the league, so who cares ;)

I wasn't being 'smug'

As I posted, I'm genuinely surprised at City's position in the division.

Most of us are just enjoying the feeling of being top of the league.

Where I took exception to your post is because it reads as yet another knocking the manager for not 'getting the best out of certain players'.

Wasn't it Pearson who continually played Beckford last season and Beckford let himself and the team down over and over again?

Wasn't it Pearson who started Beckford this season, and again we were all let down?

Pearson's team is top of the league. Bollox to Beckford, this has gone on long enough. He has had chance after chance under TWO different managers and has continually been pretty much pants.

I just don't agree with you. I'm sorry but that's the way of a forum, or so I thought?

Please don't try and have a converation with I don't have the patience for someone who can misconstrue what I have said as BADLY as you have. :rolleyes: Twice!

Please don't try and have a converation with I don't have the patience for someone who can misconstrue what I have said as BADLY as you have. :rolleyes: Twice!

All professional managers have their good and bads, he seems to have made a few decent decisions this season and we're doing well, but we are 11 games in. Threads like this are just as bad as the "Pearson out" threads every time we lose a game. barring being rock bottom and not being able to buy a win a manager shouldn't be fully judged until Christmas for better or worse. Bit early to be getting over confident and smug.

Also much as I hate the over paid gangsta wanna be that is Jermain Beckford after today that's 2 goals in three games, so Grayson is clearly able to get the best out of him which is something Pearson is incapable of doing and as a result we have Martyn Waghorn starting up front today.

Which parts have I 'misconstrued'?

I wasn't getting 'smug' and over-confident..I don't think most posters were?

You suggest Pearson is 'incapable' of getting the best out of Beckford? I think Beckford didn't want to play for the club. He's had plenty of chances to be a part of Pearson's experiment, but has rarely taken them.

With Waghorn in the team, and Beckford not, why not support him wholeheartedly?

We are top of the league...

:rolleyes:

I fully agree with you however on Christmas being the time to really get excited. If we are playing then like we are playing now the season could have a very exciting finale.

The Beckford thing, to me, don't matter. It would only matter if a. we werent playing well (and thus weren't top of the league) b. if I felt Beckford could come back and recreate his current form for City, which I don't.

What you up to Christmas day, can you come around mine & tell my kids Santa isn't real?

lol he will be too busy telling his own kids that it was in fact his wife who drank the sherry and his pet rabbit that bit the cut-off carrot and the rest of it has gone to the christmas meal

All professional managers have their good and bads, he seems to have made a few decent decisions this season and we're doing well, but we are 11 games in. Threads like this are just as bad as the "Pearson out" threads every time we lose a game. barring being rock bottom and not being able to buy a win a manager shouldn't be fully judged until Christmas for better or worse. Bit early to be getting over confident and smug.

Also much as I hate the over paid gangsta wanna be that is Jermain Beckford after today that's 2 goals in three games, so Grayson is clearly able to get the best out of him which is something Pearson is incapable of doing and as a result we have Martyn Waghorn starting up front today.

Which parts have I 'misconstrued'?

I wasn't getting 'smug' and over-confident..I don't think most posters were?

You suggest Pearson is 'incapable' of getting the best out of Beckford? I think Beckford didn't want to play for the club. He's had plenty of chances to be a part of Pearson's experiment, but has rarely taken them.

With Waghorn in the team, and Beckford not, why not support him wholeheartedly?

We are top of the league...

:rolleyes:

Fine have it your way

1) You weren't being smug or over confident. To be honest this is just increadible, I posted in here before you, before I knew about you and your silly hard to read posts with the inexplicable new lines existsted, so bar clairvoyance, how the Blue F uck am I saying you personally are being smug

2) Other people being smug

After 11 games we sit top of the league, people doubted Pearsons stance leaving out players like Danns, Loaning Beckford and selling mills. What I see is a manager that knows what he is doing, buys the right players and gets rid of the egos. Who doubts him now?

Conspicuous by their absence.

If you don't think this, and a thread named "Top of the league, Pearson haters" giving a big two fingers to anyone doubting him is being smug, you have poor understanding of social interation.

3) Beckford, not a Pearson player and is still costing us money and another club is benefitting from him scoring goals, this is not an ideal situation with Martyn Waghorn on the bench, as Martyn Waghorn is not very good. The point you are missing here is that I am not saying Pearson should go, Pearson is a bad manager or anything like that, I revert you back to the first thing I said in the first post "all managers have their goods and bads" and this is something I am highlighting, that Pearson is not perfect. The situation with Beckford is not perfect we are paying money for him to score goals for another club. A different person could have perhaps dealt with this better.

Finally when at games I'll get behind Waghorn like anyone else unfortuantly it wont change the fact that he isn't good enough.

Fine have it your way

1) You weren't being smug or over confident. To be honest this is just increadible, I posted in here before you, before I knew about you and your silly hard to read posts with the inexplicable new lines existsted, so bar clairvoyance, how the Blue F uck am I saying you personally are being smug

2) Other people being smug

If you don't think this, and a thread named "Top of the league, Pearson haters" giving a big two fingers to anyone doubting him is being smug, you have poor understanding of social interation.

3) Beckford, not a Pearson player and is still costing us money and another club is benefitting from him scoring goals, this is not an ideal situation with Martyn Waghorn on the bench, as Martyn Waghorn is not very good. The point you are missing here is that I am not saying Pearson should go, Pearson is a bad manager or anything like that, I revert you back to the first thing I said in the first post "all managers have their goods and bads" and this is something I am highlighting, that Pearson is not perfect. The situation with Beckford is not perfect we are paying money for him to score goals for another club. A different person could have perhaps dealt with this better.

Finally when at games I'll get behind Waghorn like anyone else unfortuantly it wont change the fact that he isn't good enough.

Before you criticise another poster about their 'inexplicable new lines existsted?' look at your own spelling mate....

:thumbup:

I still don't agree with you btw.. Your original post, in my eyes, came across as having a pop at people on here who are massively happy with 'The Pearson Revolution'... And, lets have it right, with the doom and gloom we've had to suffer over the past few seasons, why the feck shouldn't we be?

This could change of course... But if people want to live for the moment, then let em.

Before you criticise another poster about their 'inexplicable new lines existsted?' look at your own spelling mate....

I still don't agree with you btw.. Your original post, in my eyes, came across as having a pop at people on here who are massively happy with 'The Pearson Revolution'... And, lets have it right, with the doom and gloom we've had to suffer over the past few seasons, why the feck shouldn't we be?

This could change of course... But if people want to live for the moment, then let em.

This is your problem though isn't it, as I've already told you, you've misconstrued it, massively.

People can be happy all they want, I'm happy, it's just far to early for I told you so's and getting carried away.

This is your problem though isn't it, as I've already told you, you've misconstrued it, massively.

People can be happy all they want, I'm happy, it's just far to early for I told you so's and getting carried away.

Nope, it's YOUR problem MP... I fully understood your post, but didn't agree with it.

Sorry...

Manwell Pablo

I see you've used my post 'conspicuous by their absence' to highlight the 'smug' nature of this thread. The 'Pearson haters' are, to me at least, the few posters who trolled every thread trying to be as scathing of his ability as they could and took apparent delight at poor results to justify their agenda. It's not aimed at every poster who doesn't think we're going to romp the league as they're not the ones who are now noticeably absent, so it wouldn't make any sense. If that still makes me smug then fair enough, perhaps I am, but it is noticeable how those few have become very quiet and, in some cases, have pretty much stopped posting altogether.

Manwell Pablo

I see you've used my post 'conspicuous by their absence' to highlight the 'smug' nature of this thread. The 'Pearson haters' are, to me at least, the few posters who trolled every thread trying to be as scathing of his ability as they could and took apparent delight at poor results to justify their agenda. It's not aimed at every poster who doesn't think we're going to romp the league as they're not the ones who are now noticeably absent, so it wouldn't make any sense. If that still makes me smug then fair enough, perhaps I am, but it is noticeable how those few have become very quiet and, in some cases, have pretty much stopped posting altogether.

You probably feel that you are aiming this in no small part at me - I generally only post when I have something to say - I think the current results are great, Pearson has surprised me the way he has turned things around (and probably himself I'd say) and I am delighted for him and the club. Your post was designed to rub those who doubted him's noses in it though and don't and you should be big enough to admit that. I haven't seen a lot of haters on here for him, far less than for Sven post sacking or Mills, Beckford, Wellens, Gallagher or even poor old Lloyd and so its a bit of a crap post.

Nige was rubbish last year and this wore many fans down, especially after the way he was brought back in and the way he persisted in playing clearly mediocre and past it players - in fact his clear out suggests that he woke up to this eventually far more than a couple of high profile Sven players departures, with Gally, Wellens, Howard all being replaced with new younger/better players.

So it seems Nige is a different animal to the loser we had here last season and I applaud that - so that's where I am - enjoying the turn around in fortunes and the good results and hoping it continues. I will post when I have something to say or someone is talking total bollocks (not every time or I'd be on here all day) but rest assured, if the results turn against us or the team or club starts going backwards. I'll be here.......

Thracian (I think it was) made a great point about us not playing catch up from too far back. Last season after 11 games we were seven points from the top, the year before it was 18 (after Sousa).

Pearson has put us into a position that means we have as good a chance as any team so far. We aren't two, three or even six wins behind the top side.

It won't win you a meaningful prize yet but there's encouragment there and I still think we have more to offer.

You probably feel that you are aiming this in no small part at me - I generally only post when I have something to say - I think the current results are great, Pearson has surprised me the way he has turned things around (and probably himself I'd say) and I am delighted for him and the club. Your post was designed to rub those who doubted him's noses in it though and don't and you should be big enough to admit that. I haven't seen a lot of haters on here for him, far less than for Sven post sacking or Mills, Beckford, Wellens, Gallagher or even poor old Lloyd and so its a bit of a crap post.

Nige was rubbish last year and this wore many fans down, especially after the way he was brought back in and the way he persisted in playing clearly mediocre and past it players - in fact his clear out suggests that he woke up to this eventually far more than a couple of high profile Sven players departures, with Gally, Wellens, Howard all being replaced with new younger/better players.

So it seems Nige is a different animal to the loser we had here last season and I applaud that - so that's where I am - enjoying the turn around in fortunes and the good results and hoping it continues. I will post when I have something to say or someone is talking total bollocks (not every time or I'd be on here all day) but rest assured, if the results turn against us or the team or club starts going backwards. I'll be here.......

Actually not at you mate and I have noticed that you have posted that you're willing to allow Pearson to prove you wrong and praised the team for recent results and given credit where it is due. It's aimed at those who just hate Pearson regardless and will only post again when we've lost.

I did say if it still makes me smug then so be it.

Manwell Pablo

As has already been said (the orginal post more than yours...but still) your rubbing peoples faces in it, and your being smug, no matter if they were annoying doom and gloom merchants who talked a load of cobblers.

Doing the rightious I was right you were wrong we're the famous Leicester City and we're going to win the league act 11 games in just beacuse we've just edged our way to the top of the table is on a par with calling for the managers head 3 games in.

It's a long season

Or perhaps you expect too much too soon and should perhaps not expect turn arounds within a few months.

As has already been said (the orginal post more than yours...but still) your rubbing peoples faces in it, and your being smug, no matter if they were annoying doom and gloom merchants who talked a load of cobblers.

Doing the rightious I was right you were wrong we're the famous Leicester City and we're going to win the league act 11 games in just beacuse we've just edged our way to the top of the table is on a par with calling for the managers head 3 games in.

It's a long season

I think the smugness comes from feeling justified in my belief the manager shouldn't be sacked after a couple of defeats rather than because of a belief that being top at this stage means we'll win the league. I felt then Pearson was the right man for the job and even if we're not top in a couple of games time I still believe in giving him at least a full season. I do take your point mind.

Archived