Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shearfox

Top of the league, Pearson haters

After 11 games we sit top of the league, people doubted Pearsons stance leaving out players like Danns, Loaning Beckford and selling mills. What I see is a manager that knows what he is doing, buys the right players and gets rid of the egos. Who doubts him now?

I have similar feelings towards all the doom-mongers (DT i'm looking at you) who seem to thrive off us losing but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Why don't you put a bet on if you're so confident and want to show off about it?

I've never been a Pearson doubter; he just needed some time to mould his team the right way. It's looking like his time is starting to pay off so I could not understand any fan who wouldn't be behind him now! I was surprised about Danns, Mills and Beckford, but Pearson is starting to prove that he was right about all of them !!!

All professional managers have their good and bads, he seems to have made a few decent decisions this season and we're doing well, but we are 11 games in. Threads like this are just as bad as the "Pearson out" threads every time we lose a game. barring being rock bottom and not being able to buy a win a manager shouldn't be fully judged until Christmas for better or worse. Bit early to be getting over confident and smug.

Also much as I hate the over paid gangsta wanna be that is Jermain Beckford after today that's 2 goals in three games, so Grayson is clearly able to get the best out of him which is something Pearson is incapable of doing and as a result we have Martyn Waghorn starting up front today.

Conspicuous by their absence.

We should do a 'Where are they now" section for absent forum-ites who are MIA because at this early stage we're the best team in the division as a direct result of the manager's signings, management style & who he's left out & let go.

lcfcsnow, dangerous tiger & seenitall amongst a few others that are more than a tad quieter because their agenda is proving to be wrong

and as for the utter dicks calling for his sacking when Burnley scored after 10mins...I'm glad they've fuct off, w@nkers

Guest BlueBrett

Do we have to have one of these self-gratification through the criticism of others threads every time we don't lose? Nobody has said 'Pearson out' or anything similar in ages.

Do we have to have one of these self-gratification through the criticism of others threads every time we don't lose? Nobody has said 'Pearson out' or anything similar in ages.

Of course we do, just like we have to have a Pearson out thread every time we drop below 11th place. We've got a reputation of being the most fickle fans in the Championship to up keep.

All professional managers have their good and bads, he seems to have made a few decent decisions this season and we're doing well, but we are 11 games in. Threads like this are just as bad as the "Pearson out" threads every time we lose a game. barring being rock bottom and not being able to buy a win a manager shouldn't be fully judged until Christmas for better or worse. Bit early to be getting over confident and smug.

Also much as I hate the over paid gangsta wanna be that is Jermain Beckford after today that's 2 goals in three games, so Grayson is clearly able to get the best out of him which is something Pearson is incapable of doing and as a result we have Martyn Waghorn starting up front today.

Waghorn is upfront because of Beckford WANTING to leave. He obviously didn't like playing second fiddle to a non league player. But frankly Pearsons faith in Vardy has worked because whilst a similar ratio to JB goals wise, our all round attacking game works so much better with him there than Becks.

Don't tempt fate by giving the Pearson haters to much stick. We don't want them coming back if things go sour. Everybody just wants the club to do well and we will all have different opinions on how to do so. Lets all unite and get behind the team and manager now.

Game on! Bring on Brighton!

I've never been a Pearson hater... Last season was just about settling it all, play offs/promotion was a bonus but I understood he just needed to steady us before getting rid of the players he didn't want during the summer. I've been happy with the players who have gone (Mills for example), I'm not bothered about the likes of Danns and Gallagher never playing again and I'm happy with Pearson's signings (yet again).

But we don't need to keep bringing this subject up every few weeks when we've done well, imo.

Waghorn is upfront because of Beckford WANTING to leave. He obviously didn't like playing second fiddle to a non league player. But frankly Pearsons faith in Vardy has worked because whilst a similar ratio to JB goals wise, our all round attacking game works so much better with him there than Becks.

If he was managed properly he wouldn't want to leave but I'm Not disputing any of that. He's a hard lad to deal with, especially when he's not starting, however Grayson seems capable of getting him to do a job where as Pearson isn't.

As I've said I can't stand Jermaine Beckford just trying to illustrate the point that all managers have good and bad points will get the best out of different players and equally just because we are top at this stage in the season it doesn't mean Pearson is the second coming.

lcfcsnow, dangerous tiger & seenitall amongst a few others that are more than a tad quieter because their agenda is proving to be wrong

Not sure what I've done to be put in this category, just say what I think. No I didn't think Pearson would get this team to top the league but I'm delighted to be proved wrong and ill be even more so if we're still here at the end of the season. Yes I thought Morgan was a dodgy signing and King was finished last season but I'm glad to be proved wrong on both. But the fact is Dyer and Waghorn are of nowhere near the standard we should be looking at, they are at best lower championship players, dyer is an impact sub nothing more. As for our subs bench there is nothing there apart from Marshall who should start ahead of Dyer anyway.

After 11 games we sit top of the league, people doubted Pearsons stance leaving out players like Danns, Loaning Beckford and selling mills. What I see is a manager that knows what he is doing, buys the right players and gets rid of the egos. Who doubts him now?

Move on son. We are top of the league and you are moaning at the moaners does it ever stop

I was chuffed to bits when Pearson came back and I thought he was perfect to sort out an expensive bunch of under-achievers.

My only wobble with him came after the defeat to Wolves. Even though we seemed to be doing the right things in many games, we were still wasteful with chances and were conceding silly goals. Consistency was still a problem too, we were still winning a game and losing a game.

By this point I thought Pearson should have sorted the team out. He had the majority of last season to see what the problems were and finances and a free hand to put it into practice in the summer. If we had continued with our indifferent form until now I would probably be looking forward to the arrival of Harry Redknapp.

Even though there are still worries, such as our penchant for squandering chances and then going behind to rare counterattacks from the opposition, we are obviously heading in the right direction. We also have a talented young team who can only get better.

We have to stick with the bloke, even if we have another bad run...which we will at some point!

We're lucky to be top on 2pts per game at this stage of the season. Usually you'd have a team on 25+ at this stage, running away with it. Which is something we are certainly not doing, so let's not get carried away. It will only take a five game bad and we'll be back in the bottom half. We're looking soft up front. God help us if Nugent gets injured because we've got nothing else. If Knocky got injured we'd be double ****ed. We're doing well, but it is very precarious.

I got roundly slated for suggesting that Sven was a duffer. I was willing to give him a chance but was over the moon when he left and when I heard Nige was coming back.

This is why... We're top of the league.

However, I hold my hands up and say I'm surprised we are doing so well.

I thought we'd develop this season and be very very strong next season.

Pearson is doing an amazing job and long may it continue.

I got roundly slated for suggesting that Sven was a duffer. I was willing to give him a chance but was over the moon when he left and when I heard Nige was coming back.

This is why... We're top of the league.

However, I hold my hands up and say I'm surprised we are doing so well.

I thought we'd develop this season and be very very strong next season.

Pearson is doing an amazing job and long may it continue.

I really liked Sven and was probably a bit star-struck by him. This probably meant I judged him to be a better manager than he was. Although, to be fair, in his first season we played some stunning football, probably the best I have ever seen us play. However, this dream was short-lived as the players necessary weren't ours and disappeared as soon as their loans were up and Premier League offers came in.

I do think Sven's spending spree left some value after Sven left though. We obviously lost money on some players but others are still here and just needed moulding into a disciplined unit. Pearson has added youth, workrate and energy to some of the quality already here.

So I think we are probably about due promotion.

:appl:

Archived