Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shearfox

Top of the league, Pearson haters

All professional managers have their good and bads, he seems to have made a few decent decisions this season and we're doing well, but we are 11 games in. Threads like this are just as bad as the "Pearson out" threads every time we lose a game. barring being rock bottom and not being able to buy a win a manager shouldn't be fully judged until Christmas for better or worse. Bit early to be getting over confident and smug.

Also much as I hate the over paid gangsta wanna be that is Jermain Beckford after today that's 2 goals in three games, so Grayson is clearly able to get the best out of him which is something Pearson is incapable of doing and as a result we have Martyn Waghorn starting up front today.

I don't think anyone is being 'smug'.

We are just enjoying being top of the league.

Regarding Beckford... For one last time, certain players seem to enjoy playing for certain managers.

This has always been the case and always will be.

Beckford seems to want to play for Huddersfield and Grayson.. Fair enough, let him.

If you can knock the manager of the team who are currently top of the league in favour of a player who didn't appear to want to play for the club then that's your prerogative.

I got roundly slated for suggesting that Sven was a duffer. I was willing to give him a chance but was over the moon when he left and when I heard Nige was coming back.

This is why... We're top of the league.

However, I hold my hands up and say I'm surprised we are doing so well.

I thought we'd develop this season and be very very strong next season.

Pearson is doing an amazing job and long may it continue.

I'm still loving my BTSs Col, never deviated from the fact I thought this would be our season :D and don't forget "that feeling" COYB :chant:

We should do a 'Where are they now" section for absent forum-ites who are MIA because at this early stage we're the best team in the division as a direct result of the manager's signings, management style & who he's left out & let go.

lcfcsnow, dangerous tiger & seenitall amongst a few others that are more than a tad quieter because their agenda is proving to be wrong

and as for the utter dicks calling for his sacking when Burnley scored after 10mins...I'm glad they've fuct off, w@nkers

Well now - still here and loving being top - what a shame 11 games is not the point all seasons are decided at though eh? There was never an agenda - Nige was pants last year and is better this year so far - what's not to love, nice to see him recover some of the form so sadly lacking over the past 2 seasons - and nice to see so many of the Leicester Pearson lovers so right, it must be a great feeling knowing that when we were getting beat last season and playing shite you knew he was the man for the job, well done to you all.

Admit it though, you were just a little bit worried at 1-0 down today eh? I was reading the match day thread and yes you were, you smug little fellows, thank God Marshall (who some were calling shite as well before he came on) delivered the goods, keeps your agenda looking good (well done the Forest too eh?).

I still support Leicester - will you if it turns bad this season - how would that fit your agenda?

Well now - still here and loving being top - what a shame 11 games is not the point all seasons are decided at though eh? There was never an agenda - Nige was pants last year and is better this year so far - what's not to love, nice to see him recover some of the form so sadly lacking over the past 2 seasons - and nice to see so many of the Leicester Pearson lovers so right, it must be a great feeling knowing that when we were getting beat last season and playing shite you knew he was the man for the job, well done to you all.

Admit it though, you were just a little bit worried at 1-0 down today eh? I was reading the match day thread and yes you were, you smug little fellows, thank God Marshall (who some were calling shite as well before he came on) delivered the goods, keeps your agenda looking good (well done the Forest too eh?).

I still support Leicester - will you if it turns bad this season - how would that fit your agenda?

Bitter sweet that seenitall :P I'll still be supporting our team after many a decade of following the mighty Foxes I've witnessed more ups and downs than a whores knickers as have many many others! Big Nige is showing that with time to get his players in we are playing fast flowing creative attractive football and no team has outclassed us and we definitely should have more of a points haul. IMO stability will pay dividends and we will be back in the Prem :chant:

I got roundly slated for suggesting that Sven was a duffer. I was willing to give him a chance but was over the moon when he left and when I heard Nige was coming back.

This is why... We're top of the league.

However, I hold my hands up and say I'm surprised we are doing so well.

I thought we'd develop this season and be very very strong next season.

Pearson is doing an amazing job and long may it continue.

This.

I was never a fan of Sven and will/have always backed NP all the way.

Always been a fan of Nigel and I have always stuck by him.

This season at the start I wasn't confident, but actually thinking through, with Pearson having a fresh season with his own plans in place, and with him doing well with us before, when he was able to set out his own foundations, I began to feel more and more confident that we would do well this season.

So far so good, long may this continue, Pearson can do it and the squad are playing well.

Even though the squad is small, we are currently playing our best football in years.

The difference for me is the attitude away from home. For too many years we've been conservative on the road (and Pearson has been guilty of this) and happy to soak up pressure then get into the game. We don't seem to do that anymore- we want to take the game to the home side and as a result we look far more threatening.

Sven had his good points but I wasn't confident like I am now.

I was worried at 0-1 today. I was also cursing Pearson, the players, the ref, and the Gods, although I kept it to myself and didn't post anything.

But...at the back of my mind, even though I was pretty fed up with dominating and then conceding, I was aware that it was only one game. Worst case scenario, we would lose and go home empty handing. If this happened it was ok, we have two games this week and I have seen enough to have faith that we will pick up some points in them. I also had faith that we would in fact score at some point. We have scored lots of late goals this season and I expected to do so again.

Maybe the biggest test of progress is the fact we played away at Birmingham and I felt disappointed that we had not won. We haven't done well their recently and they have some good players.

To be expecting to win every game must mean we are getting things right somewhere!

Being 1-0 down at half-time didn't change the fact that we'd passed Birmingham to frustration. At times it looked like professionals against a park side our teamwork was so good.

And so it has been on every other occasion we've lost points this season.

But some days are like that and the difference now is that we keep at it, we've scored goals in every game so far and we win more often than we lose.

Some are saying it's a precarious situation but I'd rather be top of the league with a still-improving side than suffering the past experience of being so far off the pace by the end of October that the season was all but over.

Yes I still have some concerns but they're voiced while recognising we have a far superior team to the ones we've been used to for over a decade.

The difference for me is the attitude away from home. For too many years we've been conservative on the road (and Pearson has been guilty of this) and happy to soak up pressure then get into the game. We don't seem to do that anymore- we want to take the game to the home side and as a result we look far more threatening.

Sven had his good points but I wasn't confident like I am now.

Good away attitude true, but 4 from 15 is not exactly inspiring - Fortress Filbo is our saviour this year, not the iffy away form

Good away attitude true, but 4 from 15 is not exactly inspiring - Fortress Filbo is our saviour this year, not the iffy away form

I presume you mean 7 from 18.

Considering we've played the more teams in the top half than anyone else away from home it's hardly as bad as you make out.

Although I am generally pretty much a Pearson fan, I have said many times that he has certain weaknesses, most notably in the way he sets the team up, yesterday was an obvious case in point.

With Vardy unable to start it was an obvious chance to change things a little and go for a proper 4-2-3-1 with Knockaert in the hole pulling the strings. But no, Waghorn was brought in as a 'like for like' and Knockaert banished to the wing...... :frusty:

Sure first half we had plenty of possession and really passed the ball well but our creative spark was, much of the time, missing. What incisive play we did manage came through Knockaert but it was relatively rare and although King got forward a lot and tried to fill the gap he is not a playmaker.

The result was that our play was set back to the standard of our earlier away games, loads of possession, some very slick passing but no real cutting edge around the box. We really did look devoid of ideas, resorting to crosses that were chipped or floated in from deep positions, a tactic that we already know to be ineffective.

The sharp balls into our strikers, the driven low crosses that have been so effective recently were gone, our strikers were starved of good ball and Waghorn's miss apart I am struggling to recall any opportunities that, to me at least, looked really clear cut.

It is disappointing, Birmingham were there for the taking and we couldn't do it, relying on a goal out of the blue from Marshall to even get a point. Tons of effort, sure, some decent individual play but a team performance that just did not cut it.

NFP has brought this team a hell of a long way in just 11 games, he needs to keep going forward, not take a step back as happened yesterday...... :/

I think the Guardian's football desk must have a f****t fan on the night shift. In the Championship feature, the main match is f****t and in the round-up section (under "and the rest..."): Birmingham failed to win for the fourth time in five games. the 1-1 draw leaves Birmingham 20th.

The little matter of us going top is of little import it would seem.

Effing pinkoes.

I think the Guardian's football desk must have a f****t fan on the night shift. In the Championship feature, the main match is f****t and in the round-up section (under "and the rest..."): Birmingham failed to win for the fourth time in five games. the 1-1 draw leaves Birmingham 20th.

The little matter of us going top is of little import it would seem.

Effing pinkoes.

Tbh it was the same in the Mail. Nottingham and Birmingham are bigger cities so all the papers give those teams more coverage in the hope of selling more papers.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Ignorance from the Mail? Surely not... lol

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Nottingham

Whilst Nottingham has always had a tightly-drawn city boundary, accounting for its relatively small population of 305,700, making it the second largest city in the East Midlands behind its local neighbour Leicester with a population of 330,000, and the fifteenth largest city in the UK, the Nottingham Urban Area has a population of approximately 640,900; in the 2011 census, it was the eighth largest urban area in the United Kingdom.[4][5] Eurostat's concept of the Larger Urban Zone listed the area's population at 825,600 as of 2004.

Pull your trousers up and don't be such a pedantic knobhead.

We're lucky to be top on 2pts per game at this stage of the season. Usually you'd have a team on 25+ at this stage, running away with it. Which is something we are certainly not doing, so let's not get carried away. It will only take a five game bad and we'll be back in the bottom half. We're looking soft up front. God help us if Nugent gets injured because we've got nothing else. If Knocky got injured we'd be double ****ed. We're doing well, but it is very precarious.

Can you PM me your details, I've just got to invite you to a party/dinner/whatever... You sound an absolute hoot to be around.

If we ever do get promoted you'd probably walk out the ground telling everyone "don't bother enjoying the moment after a decade of shit we'll get relegated anyway".

What you up to Christmas day, can you come around mine & tell my kids Santa isn't real?

Archived