Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheSummariser

Depth!

Am I the only one concerned at the lack of depth we have??

Listening to the radio on the way back to a guy stating he did not believe palace would have the depth to stay near the top, but it was no excuse for leicester to fall down the table because we have the depth.

I couldn't believe it when i heard this, in regards to depth of squad there is very little difference between us and palace.

But i do believe our need to allow the club time. I know we are second in the league, but when you look at our squad compared to others we really are punching above our weight.

Look at forest for example, jermaine jenas on the bench, as well as either sharp/cox/blackstock, which all 3 would get into our first 11 right now.

Another season at least at this level is required in my opinion before we can sustain a long term promotion push. With the depth we currently have i am worried it is not enough.

I would like NP to be looking to improve the squad at all times, as all good managers do.

Maybe look at some of the consistent performers in the league, at lower clubs who would love the step up.....

adomah?

trotter?

Kyle Bennett (doncaster)?

Craig Davies?

all 3 have proved over the last couple of seasons what they can offer.

Adomah - has been one of the most consistent wingers in the league, great pace and a very good end product.

trotter - one of the best all round midfielders in this league, doesnt necessary offer creativity, but does offer steel in the midfield and pops up with goals.

Kyle Bennett - Many of you i expect havent seen this lad, but he has looked way too good for league 1 this season, a very pacy and tricky youngster who looks to have a great future.

craig davies - the lad has great technical ability and his chance to goal ratio is second to none, is wasted at barnsley in my opinion, a great mobile target man.

All 4 of these players are realistic targets, proven to be good players in our division/league 1, and would add unreal depth of quality in our squad.

Selling the likes of beckford/danns/gallagher would take huge amounts off our wage bill, which would easily cover the wages of the suggested players, and with the fee from the beckford deal, the transfer fees would hopefully be covered aswell.

I just think a squad of.....

keepers - kasper, logan

defenders - moore, de laet, morgan , st.ledger, whitbread, konch, back-up left back.

midfielders - king, drinky, james, trotter, knocky, dyer, marshall, bennett, adomah.

forwards - nuge, vardy, davies, futacs?, new striker.

would contain much more quality than the one we currently have. If NP is serious about promotion this season/next then we do need to invest/reinvest. There is no point still having danns, gally and becks on the books when we can re invest in extra players who will actually offer something to the club.

Ok ok ok, first of all calm down with your targets and the players you think we should get, we don't need all those players you mention.

However some may disagree with you, but I definitely agree you with that our depth is a worry, we only have 19-20 players, one of which is injured in St Ledger and two very out of favour in Gallagher and Danns.

We need a new left-back in my opinion, someone as back-up to Konchesky, for me Kennedy shouldn't of left I liked him he had a great left foot. While I think we need another striker because apart from Nugent and a hit and miss Vardy, our other strikers offer very little in terms of goals.

We have one of the smallest squads in the league, Pearson said he would prefer to work with around 25 players at the start of the season, yet his lowest number this season has been 19 I think, I think we need two loan signings and that is all.

We definitely don't need those two wingers you say, even though they are good talents lol

Agree with most of that, I feel though with our attack is isn't the depth that is the issue, it's the quality. I also think we are a versatile defender light and a tough gritty, Shaun Derry style player light also. I don't feel we need the wingers, as we have three that are very capable at this level.

Ok ok ok, first of all calm down with your targets and the players you think we should get, we don't need all those players you mention.

However some may disagree with you, but I definitely agree you with that our depth is a worry, we only have 19-20 players, one of which is injured in St Ledger and two very out of favour in Gallagher and Danns.

We need a new left-back in my opinion, someone as back-up to Konchesky, for me Kennedy shouldn't of left I liked him he had a great left foot. While I think we need another striker because apart from Nugent and a hit and miss Vardy, our other strikers offer very little in terms of goals.

We have one of the smallest squads in the league, Pearson said he would prefer to work with around 25 players at the start of the season, yet his lowest number this season has been 19 I think, I think we need two loan signings and that is all.

We definitely don't need those two wingers you say, even though they are good talents lol

Adomah would definetley add something.

knockaert is poor out wide, and we lack width because he is always cutting inside.

dyer still has no end product, and marshall is clearly still out of favour.

Adomah would be 1st choice in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind Trotter, bit of muscle in a less strong (but not weak) midfield. I don't think we really need him though, doing fine without.

Doing fine is not good enough. what happens if we do get promoted this season???

another complete overhaul will be required before we go into the premier league unless we want to have derby's lowest points total.

Trotter, just like adomah and davies offer something we do not have. And are all better options than the unplayable gallagher, danns and beckford.

Doing fine is not good enough. what happens if we do get promoted this season???

another complete overhaul will be required before we go into the premier league unless we want to have derby's lowest points total.

Trotter, just like adomah and davies offer something we do not have. And are all better options than the unplayable gallagher, danns and beckford.

If we do get promoted then of course we're going to need more than what we already have. A striker seems to be the position people fancy the most and I'd definitely agree, we probably won't cope in the prem with our current forward line.

Adomah is fvcking wank.

You're only saying Craig Davies because he got 4 the other week, two of which were easy chances he nearly fvcked up.

Adomah is one of the most consistent wingers in this league, and would make our first team.

If I only mentioned davies because he got 4 then why have i not mentioned the lad from oxford who got 4??? I have admired davies since i saw him play for barnsley last year, he is a very technically gifted and powerful striker. would definitely offer more than vardy (but that isnt difficult now is it?)

Adomah is one of the most consistent wingers in this league, and would make our first team.

If I only mentioned davies because he got 4 then why have i not mentioned the lad from oxford who got 4??? I have admired davies since i saw him play for barnsley last year, he is a very technically gifted and powerful striker. would definitely offer more than vardy (but that isnt difficult now is it?)

He's not, he's all huff and puff.

Nobody thought Davies was anything more than an average Championship striker before that game and his goalscoring record supports that view. I agree we need another striker but not him.

Adomah would definetley add something.

knockaert is poor out wide, and we lack width because he is always cutting inside.

dyer still has no end product, and marshall is clearly still out of favour.

Adomah would be 1st choice in my opinion.

No mate don't agree sorry.

Knockaert isn't poor out wide, he offers a lot from out wide in the centre or wherever he plays. He is an absolute gem, he was poor today but everyone has off games.

Dyer yes lacks end product, but to say he has no end product is a bit harsh, he can produce a good cross here and there, and is still a danger now and then.

While Marshall is not out of favour, out of favour is being Neil Danns and Paul Gallagher, Marshall is still very much in Pearson's plans and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start against Watford.

We don't need any wingers, even though I like the players you have mentioned, I love Liam Trotter is one central midfielder I would love to have at Leicester, but realistically do I think we need another central midfielder, no I don't. King is back to form, Drinkwater has been awesome this season(had a shocker today though); however he won't get overpowered in every game this season, he has been the one in control in the majority of our opening 12-13 games. While James I really like the look of, not the type of midfielder I would of gone for in the summer, but he is a neat and tidy midfielder.

He's not, he's all huff and puff.

Nobody thought Davies was anything more than an average Championship striker before that game and his goalscoring record supports that view. I agree we need another striker but not him.

Why are all fans obsessed with players past records???

He is playing for barnsley, a team fighting for survival in this league for as long as i can remember, of course his record will be poor.

maybe norwich were wrong to sign grant holt because of his even worse championship record?

Why are all fans obsessed with players past records???

He is playing for barnsley, a team fighting for survival in this league for as long as i can remember, of course his record will be poor.

maybe norwich were wrong to sign grant holt because of his even worse championship record?

Because that's factual evidence you can go on.

Charlie Austin plays for Burnley who are a lower midtable side and he's still scoring for fun.

I've just never thought Davies was particularly good. He's not terrible, but I'm not interested in us signing him.

No mate don't agree sorry.

Knockaert isn't poor out wide, he offers a lot from out wide in the centre or wherever he plays. He is an absolute gem, he was poor today but everyone has off games.

Dyer yes lacks end product, but to say he has no end product is a bit harsh, he can produce a good cross here and there, and is still a danger now and then.

While Marshall is not out of favour, out of favour is being Neil Danns and Paul Gallagher, Marshall is still very much in Pearson's plans and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start against Watford.

We don't need any wingers, even though I like the players you have mentioned, I love Liam Trotter is one central midfielder I would love to have at Leicester, but realistically do I think we need another central midfielder, no I don't. King is back to form, Drinkwater has been awesome this season(had a shocker today though); however he won't get overpowered in every game this season, he has been the one in control in the majority of our opening 12-13 games. While James I really like the look of, not the type of midfielder I would of gone for in the summer, but he is a neat and tidy midfielder.

against brum, brighton, bristol city and palace knocky has been relatively poor out wide.

Our fans tend to only see the tricks, and the jinky little runs where he takes on 2-3 three players.

But they fail to see that the lack of width down his wing costs us time and time again, he loses the ball too much and often much deeper when on the flank, and he is very poor defensively (but i suppose so many top class wingers are- ronaldo, nani etc) but in a 4-4-2 the winger cannot afford to switch from defensive duties.

I am not calling him a bad player. He has reached the highest level of performances out of any player in our squad this season when played behind the striker. But he does not have a good enough understanding of the championship to play out wide.

Because that's factual evidence you can go on.

Charlie Austin plays for Burnley who are a lower midtable side and he's still scoring for fun.

I've just never thought Davies was particularly good. He's not terrible, but I'm not interested in us signing him.

but factual evidence means nothing.

look at beckford for instance, and vardy thus far.

The size of the squad is fine.

Our first XI probably earns less than our current second Xi, until we move on Danns, Wellens, Gallagher, St Ledger and Beckford (who I assume earn collectively somewhere in the region of 60-100k a week combined) I can't see much point in adding to the wage bill.

Our first XI probably earns less than our current second Xi, until we move on Danns, Wellens, Gallagher, St Ledger and Beckford (who I assume earn collectively somewhere in the region of 60-100k a week combined) I can't see much point in adding to the wage bill.

i said to move them players out and re-invest.

But of course we can't discuss players wages can we, you said so.

against brum, brighton, bristol city and palace knocky has been relatively poor out wide.

Our fans tend to only see the tricks, and the jinky little runs where he takes on 2-3 three players.

But they fail to see that the lack of width down his wing costs us time and time again, he loses the ball too much and often much deeper when on the flank, and he is very poor defensively (but i suppose so many top class wingers are- ronaldo, nani etc) but in a 4-4-2 the winger cannot afford to switch from defensive duties.

I am not calling him a bad player. He has reached the highest level of performances out of any player in our squad this season when played behind the striker. But he does not have a good enough understanding of the championship to play out wide.

Still disagree, those tricks and his pace and the ability to take on players creates a lot for us, yes he does give the ball away too often but that's his only flaw I have seen.

He shows passion as well though, and that what we need from players, in the first half I thought it was only him and De Laet trying to do anything good, but then the Knockaert of the first half didn't show in the second and he was very poor.

He has skill, he can take players on, he is entertaining and he can score goals.

We haven't had a player like him in ages, everyone should love him.

We can, we just can't make figures up for individuals. I very kindly used the word assume to indicate that I am guessing that 5 former first team players earn over 10k each a week. I could be wrong.

Personally I think they would be on double that, if fm13 is to be believed they would earn a combined £125,000 per week, which is £6.5 mill per year.

Still disagree, those tricks and his pace and the ability to take on players creates a lot for us, yes he does give the ball away too often but that's his only flaw I have seen.

He shows passion as well though, and that what we need from players, in the first half I thought it was only him and De Laet trying to do anything good, but then the Knockaert of the first half didn't show in the second and he was very poor.

He has skill, he can take players on, he is entertaining and he can score goals.

We haven't had a player like him in ages, everyone should love him.

I do love him..... as a center forward.

If u saw todays game or the one against brighton, bristol city or brum you will see that we lacked width down the flank he was meant to be on. And today you would have also seen the amount of times the palace left back was able to get into our half.

We can, we just can't make figures up for individuals. I very kindly used the word assume to indicate that I am guessing that 5 former first team players earn over 10k each a week. I could be wrong.

So we can make assumptions about what a group of players earn with nothing to back it up, but we can't make an assumption about what one player earns despite it being alluded to by numerous sources including a poster who has, at least in the past, been relativley reliable as well as the the nature of his arrival (In terms of the club he left/need for a striker/deadline day deal) indicating that it was a relativley high figure.

Thanks for the heads up. I think we should get rid of George Taft and Beckford, I assume they're earning about £32,000 a week.

Archived