Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheSummariser

Depth!

Why would football manager be correct? I'm still waiting for Ton Ton Zola Makoko to come good.

It's the closet we have to an actual wage for those players, I didn't say they were correct or were to be believed, just using them as a rough guess, and I'd cut your losses with him, not much cop. :ph34r:

So we can make assumptions about what a group of players earn with nothing to back it up, but we can't make an assumption about what one player earns despite it being alluded to by numerous sources including a poster who has, at least in the past, been relativley reliable as well as the the nature of his arrival (In terms of the club he left/need for a striker/deadline day deal) indicating that it was a relativley high figure.

Thanks for the heads up. I think we should get rid of George Taft and Beckford, I assume they're earning about £32,000 a week.

Players wages, unless disclosed by the player themselves are not in the public domain (see John Arne Riise wage slip fury). Unless a poster on here works in the finance dept or was in the room when contracts were signed I doubt they 'know' how much someone earns. I 'assumed' based on the accounts which had been released which indicate total player wages.

As I've previously stated, I can only claim to know 100% how much one Man Utd first team player earned prior to them moving to another Premiership side, and he earned LESS than my 'guess' at what Wellens et al earn.

I'd like to add that it is heartening to see that you've revised down your estimate (that or you believe George Taft is paying to play here).

Edited to add poor old John Utaka was on 80k a week! Only he wasn't

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8519800.stm

Players wages, unless disclosed by the player themselves are not in the public domain (see John Arne Riise wage slip fury). Unless a poster on here works in the finance dept or was in the room when contracts were signed I doubt they 'know' how much someone earns. I 'assumed' based on the accounts which had been released which indicate total player wages.

As I've previously stated, I can only claim to know 100% how much one Man Utd first team player earned prior to them moving to another Premiership side, and he earned LESS than my 'guess' at what Wellens et al earn.

I'd like to add that it is heartening to see that you've revised down your estimate (that or you believe George Taft is paying to play here).

I've always said £30,000+

Am I the only one concerned at the lack of depth we have??

Listening to the radio on the way back to a guy stating he did not believe palace would have the depth to stay near the top, but it was no excuse for leicester to fall down the table because we have the depth.

I couldn't believe it when i heard this, in regards to depth of squad there is very little difference between us and palace.

But i do believe our need to allow the club time. I know we are second in the league, but when you look at our squad compared to others we really are punching above our weight.

Look at forest for example, jermaine jenas on the bench, as well as either sharp/cox/blackstock, which all 3 would get into our first 11 right now.

Another season at least at this level is required in my opinion before we can sustain a long term promotion push. With the depth we currently have i am worried it is not enough.

I would like NP to be looking to improve the squad at all times, as all good managers do.

Maybe look at some of the consistent performers in the league, at lower clubs who would love the step up.....

adomah?

trotter?

Kyle Bennett (doncaster)?

Craig Davies?

all 3 have proved over the last couple of seasons what they can offer.

Adomah - has been one of the most consistent wingers in the league, great pace and a very good end product.

trotter - one of the best all round midfielders in this league, doesnt necessary offer creativity, but does offer steel in the midfield and pops up with goals.

Kyle Bennett - Many of you i expect havent seen this lad, but he has looked way too good for league 1 this season, a very pacy and tricky youngster who looks to have a great future.

craig davies - the lad has great technical ability and his chance to goal ratio is second to none, is wasted at barnsley in my opinion, a great mobile target man.

All 4 of these players are realistic targets, proven to be good players in our division/league 1, and would add unreal depth of quality in our squad.

Selling the likes of beckford/danns/gallagher would take huge amounts off our wage bill, which would easily cover the wages of the suggested players, and with the fee from the beckford deal, the transfer fees would hopefully be covered aswell.

I just think a squad of.....

keepers - kasper, logan

defenders - moore, de laet, morgan , st.ledger, whitbread, konch, back-up left back.

midfielders - king, drinky, james, trotter, knocky, dyer, marshall, bennett, adomah.

forwards - nuge, vardy, davies, futacs?, new striker.

would contain much more quality than the one we currently have. If NP is serious about promotion this season/next then we do need to invest/reinvest. There is no point still having danns, gally and becks on the books when we can re invest in extra players who will actually offer something to the club.

A tight competitive squad is the reason for our success. One poor performance in a very long time wouldn't have been avoided by a few more people unhappy at not playing on the sidelines.

Changing personnel is something that will have to wait for Jan where I'd be in favour of Beckford & Waghorn being sold & someone else coming in.

But until then 1 new signing = 1 increased unhappiness, so whilst you solve 1 'problem' as you see it, you cause another problem & 1 that has contributed to midtable mediocrity for the last 2 seasons

Why oh why is there such an obsession with wages??

If we aree going to get promoted then there is no prize for doing so with the least money spent. It's the league table that counts at the end of the season, that's it, no other measurement.

But try to do it on a budget and all we do is increase the risk of not achieving it. It's not clever it's just plain risky.

The perfect time to sign a striker was a few weeks ago (which i stated at the time - to lots of blind NP can do no wrong followers saying that to add a player was ridiculous). Now the lack of depth is becoming very obvious as we are facing games having to play the likes of Waghorn as we don't have any proper competition outside the first 15 or so.

Not so much the lack of depth, more the quality of the back up players.

Beckford was given a chance and messed it up again and was shipped out, leaving Nugent and Vardy as the main strike force but the back up to them would hardly scare an opposition club in our division.

The midfield seem sorted for the most part.

The defence is lacking a little, perhaps a strong left sided player would improve things even more.

Archived