Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

New song today.

it's nice to see these chants coming to England, can we have their mentality too?

It was all about our mentality. Just not to give up :scarf:.

People wrote: It was dull and dreary, frankly all our following was dull and dreary yesterday. When we started this chant we were 1-0 down, desperate in need of any positive support. Down the middle our fans were so quiet and unimaginative. Our 'top boys' were too pissed to sing anything meaningful (shouting D-I-S-C-O when your side is losing, WTF?). Disjointed shouting 'come on, Leicester' on top of that crap it became the idea of coordinated 'new' song.

I knew(more or less :P) it was Ian Marshall's chant, but yesterday simple, unoriginal 'Lestoh, come on ...' have a greater impact on the crowd than the long forgotten one-player song. When I started this, I was expecting a response: 'On your own, on your own'. Surprisingly, it catch on and every relapse more and more people joined, youngsters and old-heads. It was tiny group of 30-40 people but still it was a group of fans making noise for their team when a silent, much larger, group of fans were sitting/standing quietly.

Whether you like it or not, still I'll try to chant it at the next home game, in L1 :chant:.

People wrote: It was dull and dreary, frankly all our following was dull and dreary yesterday. When we started this chant we were 1-0 down, desperate in need of any positive support. Down the middle our fans were so quiet and unimaginative. Our 'top boys' were too pissed to sing anything meaningful (shouting D-I-S-C-O when your side is losing, WTF?). Disjointed shouting 'come on, Leicester' on top of that crap it became the idea of coordinated 'new' song.

I knew(more or less :P) it was Ian Marshall's chant, but yesterday simple, unoriginal 'Lestoh, come on ...' have a greater impact on the crowd than the long forgotten one-player song. When I started this, I was expecting a response: 'On your own, on your own'. Surprisingly, it catch on and every relapse more and more people joined, youngsters and old-heads. It was tiny group of 30-40 people but still it was a group of fans making noise for their team when a silent, much larger, group of fans were sitting/standing quietly.

Whether you like it or not, still I'll try to chant it at the next home game, in L1 :chant:.

Credit to you mate. Stick to it!

Whether you like it or not, still I'll try to chant it at the next home game, in L1 :chant:. If you were the guy who started it your a hero we were row x so were you I think if you started it us boys and you at the back were the ones trying to get the atmosphere going this song got it going when we were 1-0 down even if you did sing it on your own for 5 mins hahaha

I was in there big Alphamate you are true legend for getting that going got us all going on it made a great atmosphere

If ever there was proof that term is overused these days.

Fair play to the geezer for getting something different going but why can't we proud of one of the best moments in history and sing the Ian Marshall version? It's not exactly like you need more than about four brain cells to learn the words, is it?

Fair play to you mate, as I said I tried to get it started down the bottom left, people were taking an interest so I think we should keep going with it.

Get Melobourne song going mate! You seem to know how to get chants going. Also try the Celtic song between L1 and N1. L1 need to start it.

Agree, our entire end was a shambles. It seems on a London away day (more than any other), some of ours fans use it as an excuse to get absolutely smashed and then turn up to the match in no state to watch, support or do anything else at all. There was so much arguing and general crap between our own fans, it was embarrassing. its not the funniest thing in the world to try and get the DISCO chant started at 2-0 down, nor is it funny to make light of the 'Clattenburg situation' by shouting at the linesman about "what he just said to Morgan".

FWIW, I hated the 'new' song yesterday, but fair play to the lads for getting it started and getting it to spread.

Admire your attitude but I agree with people saying use it for the Ian Marshall version, which got a fair few airings on our train home funnily enough.

Seriously?

Tell me how many times you heard 'Ian Marshall song' performed by Leicester crowd in the stands during last 5 years? OK, scrap it, I respond myself: big fat fvcking 0! Trains, streets, concourses, toilets, your own rear garden or living room doesn't matter, what is only matter is real noise at the stands and I assure you I haven't heard 'IMS' renditions (by Leicester lads) in the long fvcking 5 years and more. This song was truly dead until last Saturday (mind you - on the terraces, not some trains).

Seriously?

Tell me how many times you heard 'Ian Marshall song' performed by Leicester crowd in the stands during last 5 years? OK, scrap it, I respond myself: big fat fvcking 0! Trains, streets, concourses, toilets, your own rear garden or living room doesn't matter, what is only matter is real noise at the stands and I assure you I haven't heard 'IMS' renditions (by Leicester lads) in the long fvcking 5 years and more. This song was truly dead until last Saturday (mind you - on the terraces, not some trains).

I don't get what about my post is any different to what you've just replied to me so you're either pissed or completely mis-read what I put. I actually praised you for getting a song going but did agree with people saying the Ian Marshall song is better and if you'd got that going it'd have been better than what you did?

Where at any point did I say our fans have been singing it inside the ground?

Says it all really about the trains/our end. Thought the train there gave me real high hopes for our end but it was utterly dreadful on the whole (bar the top left corner which I moved to at HT), the train back was also brilliant. I just don't understand our support one bit, I am convinced there is no other fanbase that would be vocally this poor when they were near the top.

Seriously?

I think it's time for this again

2544636-anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Archived