Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Vote for Leicester City's greatest moment

Incredibly, nobody nominated it

How do you mean 'nominated'? It was certainly mentioned on the thread.

I wouldnt have it in the top 10 myself, it really was a mickey mouse cup back then. It's significant but I'd suggest there are much bigger/more memorable moments that didn't even involve winning a trophy.

I wouldnt have it in the top 10 myself, it really was a mickey mouse cup back then. It's significant but I'd suggest there are much bigger/more memorable moments that didn't even involve winning a trophy.

I must have missed it.

It wasn't in the top lot though. The 10 that made it were quite a bit ahead of the rest of the nominations.

It should be in above Howard's winner against Leeds.

Despite my list of very personal moments being ignored.

And a few of mine still being included. Without muzzy scoring at watford and parker scoring at stoke you never have claridge at wembley.

And although being in europe was great. Going out at the 1st hurdle was not ground breaking.

Same goes for walshy. Great in so many ways. But at the end of the day we were poor and came back down the following year.

So for sbeer importance and what may have been had we gone down. It has to be tony james scoring. That led to the little and o'neill era. Without staying up that year we may well have rotted for a number of years.

I was joking. As for tony james. It may come last but that shows how many people on here are of a modern era and have no understanding of how pivitol a moment that was. The era of the premier league has a lot to answer for.

It wasn't ignored. I tried the best to tally the ones with the most nominations.

Tony James is at the bottom at the minute

Or that it got more votes because it's the most recent and younger fans voted for it.

I still don't see why they would vote for that though.

I'm fairly young and appreciate that cup final wins are better than victories in the 3rd tier.

I still don't see why they would vote for that though.

I'm fairly young and appreciate that cup final wins are better than victories in the 3rd tier.

Exactly. The Howard goal is undoubtedly my favourite moment as a football fan, being too young to appreciate the cup finals (though I was at one of them).

But like I said, people obviously haven't understood the question. Some of our younger fans really are clueless.

Exactly. The Howard goal is undoubtedly my favourite moment as a football fan, being too young to appreciate the cup finals (though I was at one of them).

But like I said, people obviously haven't understood the question. Some of our younger fans really are clueless.

I'm similar to you, I enjoyed the moment greatly but I don't feel it's worthy of being in a top 10 of greatest moments.

No, I agree with you.

But I'm betting that's what it is

Im only 23 as well but also agree there is no way Howard's header can be up there. Being in league 1 is reason enough but even then, say this:

It was final game of the season we were 2nd, the team in 3rd was winning so we are currently dropping into playoffs...We NEED to beat Leeds to go up..90th minute still 0-0..were in the playoffs..HOWARD!!! 1-0!! promoted! then YES maybe it could be considered(even though yeh it was still in league 1).

However bieng the fact we had games to spare and would comfertably secure promotion anyway then no way is it even in the top 100 moments! Winning at Old Trafford via Cottee or 4-0 At Pride Park, even though only 3 points in a random league game are still more impressive!

Without doubt winning promotion via Claridge's shin, straight after we put the big keeper on(forget his name!) in expectation for pens would be the best IMO. Closely followed by League Cup 1997, Muzzy Izzet's Rocket in MON please stay game and Walshy Vs Derby - All quality moments even though unfortunatly I didnt witness any of them live(Other than Howard lol).

Im only 23 as well but also agree there is no way Howard's header can be up there. Being in league 1 is reason enough but even then, say this:

It was final game of the season we were 2nd, the team in 3rd was winning so we are currently dropping into playoffs...We NEED to beat Leeds to go up..90th minute still 0-0..were in the playoffs..HOWARD!!! 1-0!! promoted! then YES maybe it could be considered(even though yeh it was still in league 1).

However bieng the fact we had games to spare and would comfertably secure promotion anyway then no way is it even in the top 100 moments! Winning at Old Trafford via Cottee or 4-0 At Pride Park, even though only 3 points in a random league game are still more impressive!

Without doubt winning promotion via Claridge's shin, straight after we put the big keeper on(forget his name!) in expectation for pens would be the best IMO. Closely followed by League Cup 1997, Muzzy Izzet's Rocket in MON please stay game and Walshy Vs Derby - All quality moments even though unfortunatly I didnt witness any of them live(Other than Howard lol).

Well, I wouldn't go that far, I think people overestimate how many great moments we've actually had, our history isn't that glorious. It was a great moment, it was meaningful, memorable and the symbol of what was a massively important promotion, but as you say, it was League 1. It's quite a way off the top 10.

**** off.

The question you are asked when you are shown the poll is 'Which is your favourite Leicester City moment?', since you've said that as a fan the Howard goal was your favourite moment you obviously didn't understand the question and you're clueless.

The question in the title of this thread is not the question used in the poll, and I elected to answer the question at the top of the poll, that doesn't mean I'm clueless, it means I can read. Every opinion on here was biased based on age because there aren't any 128 year old fans on Foxes Talk.

**** off.

The question you are asked when you are shown the poll is 'Which is your favourite Leicester City moment?', since you've said that as a fan the Howard goal was your favourite moment you obviously didn't understand the question and you're clueless.

The question in the title of this thread is not the question used in the poll, and I elected to answer the question at the top of the poll, that doesn't mean I'm clueless, it means I can read. Every opinion on here was biased based on age because there aren't any 128 year old fans on Foxes Talk.

The Howard moment wouldnt have even been on the poll unless i was suggested in the original thread, which was entitled 'Leicester City's Greatest moment'.

So yeh, people are clueless for 'nominating' it.

Archived