Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Hull - City player ratings ?

Schmeichel 7 some great saves

De laet 6 - Didn't do much, tried hard and unlucky to get a yellow.

Moore 8 - Solid, supported attack really well. Heard loads of Hull fans saying how good he was.

Morgan 7 - Got shown up a few times in first half, but was dominant for rest.

Whitbread 7 - Mostly solid, a few good blocks and clearances. His hoofing was infuriating in first half but stopped it in 2nd.

Konchesky - 7 - Pretty meh.

Knockaert 8.5 - Played really well in first half, our main outlet all game. Made things happen.

Drinkwater 7.5 - Played pretty well, good passing

James 7.5 - Some good passing, he has a good passing range and links up well.

King 6 - Did nothing all game.

Marshall 7 - Had a shit first half but grew into the game after. Unlucky not to score.

Gallagher 5 - apart from decent free kick contributed nothing. Waste of a sub

Nugent 6.5 Tried to no avail

Waghorn - 8 - Battled well and bought wingers into the game. Very unlucky to not get the winner.

Kasper 9 MOTM. Especially first half made some cracking saves.

RDL 7 Deserves that just for his goal line clearance.

Morgan 7 Solid

Whitbread 7 Didn't worry me for once.

Konchesky 6

King 6

DD 6 Better than Millwall

James 6 Bit anonymous

Knockaert 7

Marshall 6 Still not playing well

Nugent 6

Moore 6

Wagohorn 6

Kasper - 8 - top class save first half and kicking in general was better today.

De laet - 6 - huffed and puffed with no great effect.

Morgan - 7 - first half got caught going for balls he couldn't win and therefore got spun in behind by simpson. Improved second and commanded well.

Whitbread - 7 see above

Konch - 7 - better today. Solid. Passing and crossing was sloppy at times, however he battles hard and gives 100%.

Knockaert - 8 - MOM. Our biggest threat. Brilliant dribbling ( although too much at times )... Final product not quite there. Brilliant outlet and beats a man for fun.

King - 5 - poor. Weak in the tackle and fairly annonomous.

Drinky - 7 - passing was better today, came and collected the ball off the centre halfs which is the benefit of having a 3 in midfield. Think he enjoyed his anchor man role today.

James - 8 - very impressive. First time seen him live and I was impressed with the way he took it down under pressure and played simple but effective passes. Complimented DD very well.

Marshall - 6 - poor first half with aimless crosses with only nuge in the box. Ended up playing centre midfield most 1st half looking for the ball. Better second as he showed more fight and battling qualities. Needs a goal IMO.

Nugent - 6 - not quite his day. Difficult up on his own against Chester Hobbs and Faye. Ran and chased and made the most of what he could. No fault of his own.

Moore - 8 - very good! Good defensively and did the simple things well. Looked for an early pass and didn't dwell like he has before. Would start him at burnley.

Gally - 5 - woeful

Waggy - 6 - see nuge. Could have grabbed a goal but was abit wasteful.

Pearson - 8 - needed to avoid defeat today so did what he had too with 4 3 3. Would have like to see dyer instead of gally as they looked tired last 15. Needed to stretch their defence More.

Kasper 8 - we'd have lost if it wasn't for him.

RDL 7 - fantastic goal line clearance. Had a good 45.

Konch 6 - steady.

Whitbread 7 - Won everything in the air.

Morgan 7 - A standard big Wes performance.

King 5 - anonymous, very ineffective when he plays as high up as he did today.

James 7 - best of the central midfielders.

Drinkwater 6 - broke forward more often and kept things near and tidy.

Marshall 5 - awful.

Knockaert 7 - always looked a threat but sometimes holds on to the ball too long.

Nuge 5 - poor! Did nothing of note.

Waggy 6 - offered more than Nugent. Fizzing corners were a danger.

Moore 7 - cracking display.

Gally 6 - did everything you'd want for a 15 minute sub.

Schmeichel 7 - 2 or 3 good saves but his distribution was awful again.

De Laet 6 - Inexplicably booked for being fouled. Otherwise did ok.

Morgan 7.5 - Standard Big Wes performance.

Whitbread 6 - Won a lot of headers and pretty solid in the tackle, but his positioning is dreadful. He seems to get booked every other game by being simply turned as he was today. Also his distribution makes Wayne Brown look cultured. Ok, nothing makes Wayne Brown look cultured, he's a bigot. But his distribution makes Wayne Brown's passing look acceptable.

Konchesky 6 - Pretty solid, but he just looks so old now whenever he passes the halfway line.

James 6 - Did ok, tidied things up. A bit reluctant to make forward passes for my liking.

King 4.5 - As Bert says, he's much less effective when starting higher up. I was hoping to see him really helping Nugent out by making late bursts from midfield, but instead he sort of hung around in pretty useless positions about 10 yards behind. Not very good.

Drinkwater 5 - Has receded to Wellens-esque levels of dwelling on the ball. At the start of the season he was pinging the ball around quickly, allowing us a quick transition from defence to attack. Now he just hangs onto the ball for too long.

Knockaert 7.5 - Probably our best player. Four or five great runs, tracked back well making some good tackles and put in some good shots.

Marshall 4 - A complete nothing performance until about 15 minutes from the end when he finally started to get a bit involved.

Nugent 4.5 - Was unsurprisingly feeding off scraps given that he was playing against 3 imposing centre halves and the likes of Drinkwater seemed so reluctant to give him the ball quickly, but whenever he did get the ball it was almost invariably lost. Disappointing, but not really his fault.

subs:

Moore 7.5 - Possibly the best I've seen him play for us. Solid in defence and purposeful in attack.

Waghorn 6 - Much better than Nugent today.

Gallagher 4 - First three contributions were to fire a free-kick into the wall, pass the ball to the opposition when in a good counter-attacking position and concede a free kick.

Wow you are 100% clueless!

How in gods name was his distribution awful?!?!

Today it was imaculate! It was posetive imaginative and varied! That is how its meant to be!

Dont post rubbish just for the sake of posting something! My god!!!!

Schmeichel - 8 - Some great saves and distribution.

De Laet - 7 - Got skinned a couple of times and was drawn into a lot of fouls. Looked like he might have been sent off in the second half should he had carried on.

Big Wes - 7 - Poor for his high standards, says a lot he still gets 7.

Whitbread - 6 - Our weak link. Similar to Hobbs with his hoof ball.

Konch - 7 - Played well against a very good wingback.

Marshall - 6 - Not very good, his corners were class though.

James - 5 - Did he touch the ball?

King - 7 - Played well, good break up play.

Drinkwater - 6 - Some missed passs but like King he broke the play up well.

Knockaert - 9 - Absolute class. Takes men on and beats them, always plays the right pass and we look a threat on the counter with him.

Nuge - 6 - Proven he can't play by himself. GET WOOD IN SHARPISH.

Moore - 8 - Class. He'll be a star.

Gallagher - 5 - Not much he could do.

Waghorn - 7 - Plays better than Nuge up by himself, just.

Wow you are 100% clueless!

How in gods name was his distribution awful?!?!

Today it was imaculate! It was posetive imaginative and varied! That is how its meant to be!

Dont post rubbish just for the sake of posting something! My god!!!!

Thanks for your contribution col23.

Apart from repeatedly kicking the ball straight into touch and the punt downfield that went straight out for a goal kick it was immaculate.

I am 100% clueless.

Thanks for your contribution col23.

Apart from repeatedly kicking the ball straight into touch and the punt downfield that went straight out for a goal kick it was immaculate.

I am 100% clueless.

Yes you are.

One kick from quick distribution went out of play trying to find anthony on the break. and one from his 18 goal kicks(yes as a goalkeeper myself i count these things) this is not "repeatedly" and as i was saying about varied distribution he passed it out many times both by hand and on the floor and once he threw in a long high one so as not to make play predictable something goalkeepers are taught to do. And ask any centre half those long high swerving balls are a nightmare to deal with especially in the second half conditions

So yes 100% clueless and just posting for the sake of it

Schmeichel - 7 - his best game for a while, 2 very good saves and actually held onto the ball a couple of times

RDL - 6 - average, fantastic goal line clearance though

Morgan - 7 - got turned very easily towards the end of the first half, but played his part in the clean sheet

Whitbread - 7 - same as Morgan, fantastic in the air again. Yes there were some hoofs, but at times the midfield offered next to nothing.

Konchesky - 7 - solid, his crossing is dire 90% of the time which is very frustrating however.

Knocky - 7.5 - faded towards the end, but extremely positive and always wanted the ball. Possibly could have scored in the first half, but if anyone was going to score it was him.

King - 6 - weak, and non existent going forward but Koren and Quinn were very quiet.

Drinky - 6.5 - broke up play and harried the opposition, still loses the ball very easily at times.

James - 6.5 - yes he has quiet, but i didn't notice him lose the ball a great deal.

Marshall - 5.5 - tracked back, but still a shadow of last seasons prodigy.

Nugent - 5.5 - horribly isolated and as everyone knows not a loan striker

---

Moore - 7 - supported well and even when exposed he got back and made the important block

Waghorn - 6 - very isolated again, worked hard

Gally - na -

Yes you are.

One kick from quick distribution went out of play trying to find anthony on the break. and one from his 18 goal kicks(yes as a goalkeeper myself i count these things) this is not "repeatedly" and as i was saying about varied distribution he passed it out many times both by hand and on the floor and once he threw in a long high one so as not to make play predictable something goalkeepers are taught to do. And ask any centre half those long high swerving balls are a nightmare to deal with especially in the second half conditions

So yes 100% clueless and just posting for the sake of it

I think you've made that up. I thought his distribution was awful today. I've stated my opinion above. You've stated yours, inventing some facts that nobody can check along the way.

It is such a minor point I don't know why you've bothered to pick up on it. I gave him a 7, I thought he was one of our better players. He distributed the ball excellently last season, with fast, accurate passing to the full-backs. and out to the wings. Today, just as with many other games this season, he overhit a lot of his kicks into touch.

That may have been because of the wind - that is actually not something I had taken into consideration (for what it's worth I didn't think much of the Huil keeper's kicking) - but I stand by my point. His distribution was poor again today, and I feel that this is a part of his game in which he has regressed significantly from last season.

Kasper: 7 Good game, made a few decent saves with not much else to deal with. Distribution was fairly average.

De Laet: 6 put a lot of effort in and kept us in it with his goal line clearance. He struggled defensively and was not as good as he normally is going forward. Would of been lower had it not been for the clearance.

Whitebread: 6.5 good in the air as always, struggled with players running against him, pretty average really not good or bad.

Morgan: 7 pretty dominant and solid as always, seen him had better days but a good performance by all means.

Konchesky: 6 very average in all departments, nothing particularly good of note. Did a job but going to have to do better if you want to make leicester the best int he league.

James: 6 some good passing at times but was very ordinary in what was a packed out midfield.

King: 5.5 a bit lightweight today and didn't get the space for runs like he did in the cardiff game. made a couple of good tackles but below average.

Drinkwater: 6.5 best of the midfield, very determined as always. made more happen than the other two.

Marshall: 6.5 tried to make things happen but not his day.

Knockaert 7.5 MOTM things didnt come off for him today but he was the only player who was going to make something happen, constantly tried to create and test the hull defense unfortunately they were up to the job, on another day he would of bagged a few im sure of it. Real talent!

Nugent: 5 couldn't get involved not his type of game, not due to to lack of effort of course.

Waghorn: 7 did a great job coming on, looked sharp determined and definitely more his type of game than it was nugents. I think he looks a really good player at the moment despite his lack of goals.

Moore: 7 Moore offered more than de laet, came on at half time and steadied the defense, didnt have to cope with much defensively but coped with what he had to very well. Going forward he was very tidy in possession, pretty faultless really. Ive been critical of him in the passed and thought hes a bit over hyped because hes young but i was proved wrong today, deserves a place next week.

Gallagher: N/A not enough to go on really, he didnt get much of a chance other than a free kick which was very nearly luckily deflected and a pass which didnt quite come off due to an interception, but was worth the gamble.

Overall i would of loved to have won but a draw was an overall fair result. I think normally this would be a good result, its just because were on a string of defeats it feels a little disappointing. One game at a time i guess.

I think you've made that up. I thought his distribution was awful today. I've stated my opinion above. You've stated yours, inventing some facts that nobody can check along the way.

It is such a minor point I don't know why you've bothered to pick up on it. I gave him a 7, I thought he was one of our better players. He distributed the ball excellently last season, with fast, accurate passing to the full-backs. and out to the wings. Today, just as with many other games this season, he overhit a lot of his kicks into touch.

That may have been because of the wind - that is actually not something I had taken into consideration (for what it's worth I didn't think much of the Huil keeper's kicking) - but I stand by my point. His distribution was poor again today, and I feel that this is a part of his game in which he has regressed significantly from last season.

And i maintain that you are 100% clueless about goalkeeping

And i maintain that you are 100% clueless about goalkeeping

Ok.

Do you have anything to contribute to this thread, in which the players are rated, or were you concentrating so hard on counting goal kicks that the game passed you by?

Zzzzzzzzzzz 😌

Sorry. And sorry for anybody who has opened this thread hoping to read a few posts on player ratings, rather than some "analysis" of the goalkeeper's kicking.

Schmeichel 7 - couple of important saves, decent distribution.

De laet 6 - a bit hit and miss today, unlucky to get the yellow. Great goal-line clearance. Although, his replacement, Moore, did a better job.

Morgan 7.5 - usual solid performance. Turned a couple of times by their attackers, but Aluko seems a handful and altogether Wes dealt well with what was thrown at him.

Whitbread 7 - Really think this guy is a solid CB. Prone to the odd mistake though and today gave the ball away a couple of times. Great in the air. His chipped ball forward does my nut in sometimes but didn't occur too often today. Overall, can't complain.

Konchesky 6 - Feel he is the weak link in the team, often see teams targeting him. Nothing special today, a very average performance. His experience may prove important but still feel we are weak at left back.

Drinkwater 7 - Think his performance has been slightly under-rated on here. Always willing to receive the ball, played the simple pass (most of the time) and contributed well going forward, including a nice move in the first half. Best of the three musketeers in midfield.

James 6.5 - didn't stand out but did a good job for the team. Kept the ball moving. Think we are yet to see the best of this guy.

King 6 - Not his best performance in blue. Not strong enough in the tackle. Composed on the ball at times but didn't really get the space to do anything. Still did some important defensive work.

Marshall 5.5 - feel sorry for the lad, hasn't really fallen for him yet this season and today was another example of that. Undoubtedly got bags of talent, as we have seen, and will have much better days. Today though, not great.

Knockaert 8 - Man of the Match. Most creative player by far. Beats a man so easily and is always looking for that killer pass (sometimes to his downfall). A bit greedy at times today but a willing runner and was always pushing to try and make things happen for us. Probably could have/should have scored today (chance on edge of box he dragged wide) but overall our best player

Nugent 5.5 - Not his favourite job in playing up front on his own, especially against 3 CBs. But, as usual put in a shift despite not really getting much of the ball or being able to impose himself in front of goal. Feel sorry when we play it up to him in the air, just not his game. Not his day today

Subs:

Moore 7.5 - very impressed with his half. Solid defensive performance. Gave them things to think about going forward as well, provided width when necessary. Also seems very composed on the ball for a young defender. Bright future.

Waghorn 7 - Probably better suits the sole striker role than Nuge. Held the ball up well and provided a threat on their goal. Love his set piece taking, which did prove dangerous again today.

Gallagher 6 - strange sub from Nige, fully expected Dyer to come on for the last twenty to tear them a new one pace wise. Gave a few fouls away. Not too much time to have a real impact.

Nige 8 - Tactics spot on, flooding the midfield to nullify their threat (Koren was kept very quiet) and restricting them. Could have won it but a draw was a fair result. Sensible sub at half time considering De Laet's yellow card and not particularly great performance. Waghorn sub a good one as well, Nuge couldn't get a look in. Would have liked to see Dyer but in the end happy with the performance. Stopped the rot and finally a solid defensive performance on the road. Roll on Saturday

Schmeichel 7 - Some decent saves. Did very well to force their striker wide before a great clearance by De Laet.

De Laet 7 Did ok but offered no support to the attack. Extra mark for a superb goalline clearance. Should never have been booked, awful decision.

Morgan 7 Was fairly shaky first half but got in the way of everything, made so many blocks. Improved second.

Whitbread 6 Was embarrassed a couple of times. But contributed to the clean sheet nonetheless.

Konchesky 7 Thought he was very good first half, and got forward well too.

Marshall 5 Really, really poor in both open play and from set pieces.

King 5 Anonymous again, as he has been every time he's played alongside Matty James.

Drinkwater 6 Better from him, much tidier in possession and worked hard too.

James 7 Comfortably the best of the midfield trio, was impressed with him.

Knockaert 7.5 Easily our best outfield player. His running with the ball was brilliant, final ball lacked quality at times though.

Nugent 5 He's not, and will never be a lone striker. Did a lot of running but had no impact on the game for the third match running.

Moore 7.5 Was brilliant when he came on. Delivered some wicked crosses and looked very assured at the back. I'd give him a start at Burnley.

Waghorn 6 Should have started for me, gives defenders more problems than Nugent as a lone striker. Some decent deliveries from set pieces.

Gallagher 6 Thought he was fine, clearly rusty and eager to impress but ran his socks off in his short cameo.

Archived