Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alf

New Signing Today...

imo we need a left mid more than him :) but still he looks like he will do well :) the teams getting really good now, the challenge in deffence is gonna keep all the players working hard at training and even harder on the pitch :)

imo we need a left mid more than him :) but still he looks like he will do well :) the teams getting really good now, the challenge in deffence is gonna keep all the players working hard at training and even harder on the pitch :)

141601[/snapback]

We needed a left back, not a left midfielder. We already have Tiatto and Wilcox who can play there, plus someone like Williams and Hughes would be able to fill in, as that side will remain narrow next season, with Sylla occupying a much more wider position to provide us with width on the right.

As for Gilbert, I can't remember him from last season to be honest. If Plymouth fans rate the lad, then it does seem promising. As always, I shall reserve judgement until I've seen him play - Something which a few people on here don't do...

141601[/snapback]

I know what you mean but we were short of natural left backs. Ideally we could've signed someone who's natural position is left back but is comfortable further forward.

141601[/snapback]

We needed a left back, not a left midfielder. We already have Tiatto and Wilcox who can play there, plus someone like Williams and Hughes would be able to fill in, as that side will remain narrow next season, with Sylla occupying a much more wider position to provide us with width on the right.

As for Gilbert, I can't remember him from last season to be honest. If Plymouth fans rate the lad, then it does seem promising. As always, I shall reserve judgement until I've seen him play - Something which a few people on here don't do...

141606[/snapback]

but if Gilbert is a good attacking left back, and all the service is coming from the right... i am sure thats a bit of a waste :)... altho danny tiatto doesnt very often go to far ahead so he could do well covering, and i dont rate wilcox :) cant say i have seen him play good once, but not really watched him play

141601[/snapback]

141606[/snapback]

but if Gilbert is a good attacking left back, and all the service is coming from the right... i am sure thats a bit of a waste :)... altho danny tiatto doesnt very often go to far ahead so he could do well covering, and i dont rate wilcox :) cant say i have seen him play good once, but not really watched him play

141610[/snapback]

Why's that a waste? Sylla will provide the width down the right, Gilbert will look to get forward down the left as our left winger will play alot more narrow. It makes sense, similar to what England do with Ashley Cole.

141601[/snapback]

141606[/snapback]

141610[/snapback]

That's how Levein is planning to play. It is to allow Tiatto to drift in so we have extra bodies in the middle to win the ball and initiate attacks.

I don't particularly rate Wilcox either, but he will provide some balance down the left if we want to stretch the play. However, as we're having the left side narrow, it won't matter that much if Williams and Hughes are played there, despite it not being their best position.

We only had Sheehan as a natural left back, and he's played just one game for us, so it makes sense that we've gone for Gilbert, who has some games under his belt and has experience in this division.

Next target is a striker, then I think we need back up for Sylla, as he is our only out and out right winger.

141601[/snapback]

141606[/snapback]

141610[/snapback]

That's how Levein is planning to play. It is to allow Tiatto to drift in so we have extra bodies in the middle to win the ball and initiate attacks.

I don't particularly rate Wilcox either, but he will provide some balance down the left if we want to stretch the play. However, as we're having the left side narrow, it won't matter that much if Williams and Hughes are played there, despite it not being their best position.

We only had Sheehan as a natural left back, and he's played just one game for us, so it makes sense that we've gone for Gilbert, who has some games under his belt and has experience in this division.

Next target is a striker, then I think we need back up for Sylla, as he is our only out and out right winger.

141620[/snapback]

Definately! Especially now Weso is injured, he would have filled in for Sylla on the right easily. I would like to see Levi Porter given a run-out in a friendly with the first team on the wing, he has the potential to make the step up in my opinion.

141601[/snapback]

141606[/snapback]

141610[/snapback]

Why's that a waste? Sylla will provide the width down the right, Gilbert will look to get forward down the left as our left winger will play alot more narrow. It makes sense, similar to what England do with Ashley Cole.

141613[/snapback]

We'll have to see how comfortable Gilbert is with pushing forward and even providing crosses. Our play was too predictable on Monday. All our attacks were down the right hand side and as Stearman isn't a left back we were unbalanced. Hopefully Gilbert will balnce the side.

lee morris can play right mid....when hes not injured :) i am sure maybury could push up abit too.. and williams looks like a versatile midfeild player.. same with huges.. just non of them are natural :P

lee morris can play right mid....when hes not injured :) i am sure maybury could push up abit too.. and williams looks like a versatile midfeild player.. same with huges.. just non of them are natural :P

141633[/snapback]

Replace with the word 'if'.

Not all plymouth fans rate Gilbert. I texted a mate who is a plymouth fan and asked if he was any good. He said:

"No. He is absolute crap. Poorest player in the squad. If it's true, thank god we're getting rid of him. Poor old Leicester though..."

Of course, he could be winding me up

Not all plymouth fans rate Gilbert. I texted a mate who is a plymouth fan and asked if he was any good. He said:

"No. He is absolute crap. Poorest player in the squad. If it's true, thank god we're getting rid of him. Poor old Leicester though..."

141638[/snapback]

Seems strange that some fans would think he is their best player but your mate thinks he is the worst :mellow:

141638[/snapback]

Seems strange that some fans would think he is their best player but your mate thinks he is the worst :mellow:

141641[/snapback]

Reading one of their websites it appears 80% are gutted he's leaving and 20% think although he's got potential, he had a pretty poor season last year and only got good when his place became under threat.

Remember how much some of our fans slagged Stewart off and some rated him. I'll reserve judgement until I see him. Sheehan seems to have bags of potential so both of them should do alright for us when called upon. To be fair, how many of Levein's signings have been crap? I know it's early days but Sylla and Douglas were given an ear bashing from Celtic fans and they looked class on monday.

141638[/snapback]

141641[/snapback]

Reading one of their websites it appears 80% are gutted he's leaving and 20% think although he's got potential, he had a pretty poor season last year and only got good when his place became under threat.

Remember how much some of our fans slagged Stewart off and some rated him. I'll reserve judgement until I see him. Sheehan seems to have bags of potential so both of them should do alright for us when called upon. To be fair, how many of Levein's signings have been crap? I know it's early days but Sylla and Douglas were given an ear bashing from Celtic fans and they looked class on monday.

141648[/snapback]

That's what worries me. Sounds exactly like Jordan was and is Sheehan really good enough to compete for the left back slot? I don't know. I've not seen enough of him at this level.

141638[/snapback]

141641[/snapback]

141648[/snapback]

That's what worries me. Sounds exactly like Jordan was and is Sheehan really good enough to compete for the left back slot? I don't know. I've not seen enough of him at this level.

141652[/snapback]

Levein won't stand for any shit. Their fans said he's got alot of potential and under the right coaching he could be first rate. Any manager who let's a players motivation slip deserves a kick up the arse aswell, i'd be confident he'll feel his place is under threat with the players we have who can play there.

141638[/snapback]

141641[/snapback]

141648[/snapback]

141652[/snapback]

Levein won't stand for any shit. Their fans said he's got alot of potential and under the right coaching he could be first rate. Any manager who let's a players motivation slip deserves a kick up the arse aswell, i'd be confident he'll feel his place is under threat with the players we have who can play there.

141655[/snapback]

like nearlly are whole back line, he will look at t and see their are lots of players trying to breka through in the team and tbh id rather play LB (if i could) than sitting on the bench like people are going to be doing next season... so his place will always be in threat if the players stay clear of injury :)

Archived