Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Pearson delighted...

You answered your own question, Pearson has picked James over King why do you think that is if King has been playing so well ? King very often ( too often ) goes missing for long periods in games and is light weight and often bottles a fifty fifty ball. Perhaps Pearsons dropping of King is more to do with the long term as he does not see him as a prem player ?

..or that King is off form at the minute and James is playing well. Players play differently at different times of the season, as it happens, James is better at the moment so he gets picked. I struggle to see how a dip in form from King means his long-term future at the club is suddenly in doubt, I'm sure you'll agree he did fairly well earlier in the season.

Dont agree at all .................

Some of Kings performances have been lacklustre to say the least , Invisible away from home , never fancies anything physical

He & Dyer have been the weak link all season long barring a couple of games , King like Dyer offers nothing defensively ...

Like others have said I don't understand how you can hold these opinions. Granted he does fade out of games and that's something he needs to work on, but his defensive work even in these poor performances is top notch. He always helps out the defence, will try his hardest to win back the ball yet rarely gives away daft free kicks.

I think King, James and Drinky are all class and think this shows the healthy competition at the club. They're also (by the sounds of it) the sorts of players who will really bust a gut to get back in the team when they are dropped, which shows the sort of squad Pearson is putting together. I liked Danns but (and I'm basing this on absolutely nothing) he was possibly not the same sort of hungry player these three are, always (to me) seemed more focussed on himself than the team.

We appear to have decent competition in every position (except, quite rightly, the goalkeeper), and all the players seem to be working towards a good team ethos which is great to see. Whether we have enough quality, and more importantly luck, to put together the sort of run we need to get into the top 2 remains to be seen but I'm very happy with the squad at the moment. Even with a few injuries the players we could bring in (Gally, Wellens etc.) are proven at championship level (don't care what you all think) and as fourth or fifth choice I think this shows how good a squad we have.

The same forum that last year couldnt accept any criticism of Wellens , Gallagher & Beckford ,

Matt Mills was the next Steve Walsh lol , Wake up !!!

King & Dyer are very average championhip plodders at best ...

I've always defended all of the above and was never too excited by Mills (although think he's still better than others on here would say, the vast majority are a fickle bunch). Dyer isn't a great footballer, no, but sheer pace and the (very) occasional final product can be so affective against teams with slow full backs/tiring legs. King has averaged a goal in every 5 games we play, a brilliant return for a CM, and his work ethic is second to none, even though he struggles to impose himself. No, he's not brilliant, but he's better than average in the championship in my opinion.

The same forum that last year couldnt accept any criticism of Wellens , Gallagher & Beckford ,

Matt Mills was the next Steve Walsh lol , Wake up !!!

King & Dyer are very average championhip plodders at best ...

Yeah everyone was comparing Mills to Steve Walsh at this time last year :thumbup:

At least come up with some reasonable points. You've gone from saying King & Dyer can't defend to now talking about their overall ability. They're both important squad players, and until three games ago you would have expected King to start the majority of games for the remainder of the season.

Fuck off to everybody having a go at Kingy.

Loyal and committed lad who's came up through the youth system and has been a great player for us for the last 5 years.

Yes he's had times when he's off form, like now, but he has also had blistering patches where he'd score every bastard game.

All three are very good, solid and young Championship midfielders. I don't think any two of them are similar but they all overlap in certain areas. What is evident is that all three can pick a pass and have good footballing brains. This is what we need to foster and encourage at the club and while we may need one more centre mid for back up/injury cover, I don't believe we are desperate for this "tough tackler" that people need. What we do need to do is not panic at the back and resort to long ball when we are under pressure. That's normally what messes us up (Cardiff game for example). We have such a good midfield (yes, Dyer included) and we often bypass them. I like the 4-2-3-1 option with Wood up top but I think Kingy is actually better coming from deeper where his runs can't be tracked. As for his lack of scoring, how many times has he worked the keeper into a great save, hit the woodwork or just missed in recent games? He's just not quite getting the rub of the green and his work rate has improved incredibly.

I am really happy that James is coming into form and fitness and it's a nice problem to have and that we are having this debate and no one really agrees (but mostly in a good way) shows that we have the competition and quality for places that NP is looking for.

I'm loving supporting a Leicester team where I no longer (or rarely) think "oh god, why is HE coming on (or playing)"?

All three are very good, solid and young Championship midfielders. I don't think any two of them are similar but they all overlap in certain areas. What is evident is that all three can pick a pass and have good footballing brains. This is what we need to foster and encourage at the club and while we may need one more centre mid for back up/injury cover, I don't believe we are desperate for this "tough tackler" that people need. What we do need to do is not panic at the back and resort to long ball when we are under pressure. That's normally what messes us up (Cardiff game for example). We have such a good midfield (yes, Dyer included) and we often bypass them. I like the 4-2-3-1 option with Wood up top but I think Kingy is actually better coming from deeper where his runs can't be tracked. As for his lack of scoring, how many times has he worked the keeper into a great save, hit the woodwork or just missed in recent games? He's just not quite getting the rub of the green and his work rate has improved incredibly.

I am really happy that James is coming into form and fitness and it's a nice problem to have and that we are having this debate and no one really agrees (but mostly in a good way) shows that we have the competition and quality for places that NP is looking for.

I'm loving supporting a Leicester team where I no longer (or rarely) think "oh god, why is HE coming on (or playing)"?

Houston we have lift off....great post :thumbup:

Exactly :appl:

Archived