Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Pearson delighted...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/8388748/Leicester-manager-Nigel-Pearson-delighted-with-the-form-of-Matty-James

Time to book up your ideas Drinkwater and King. I think it's so important that James has really come good over the past few weeks, King and Drinkwater have had no one to push them for a starting position this season and I think both had become slightly complacent. Time for them to up their game and establish themselves back in the side as a definite starter.

Drinkwater is a definite starter the second central midfield spot is James and King to fight for.

Disagree I think when all 3 are on form there is nothing to lose between each midfield combination.

At the moment King is a little out of sorts, so we have DD and James, I just hope NP starts to rotate them rather than wait until James and Drinky have a few bad games together before bringing King back in.

Disagree I think when all 3 are on form there is nothing to lose between each midfield combination.

At the moment King is a little out of sorts, so we have DD and James, I just hope NP starts to rotate them rather than wait until James and Drinky have a few bad games together before bringing King back in.

I think NP can pretty much depend on Drinkwater for consistency and that is why he is a regular starter for me very much like Morgan at CB.

Not necessarily. Drinkwater could go out of form.

I think King was fairly unlucky to be dropped as when Drinkwater plays badly he's very sloppy in possession. King on the other hand may go unnoticed but he doesn't make silly mistakes.

Either way, James looks like he's starting to find his feet which can only benefit the team.

James and King are very similar in style, except King's knack for goals which have dried up in recent seasons. If James continues to do well then that's good but I suspect that King will be pushing to win his place back and it's when Kingy is dropped that he tends to find a bit of form when a chance comes his way.

A 4-2-3-1 with James & Drinky as the 2, Knocky, King & Marshall as the 3 would be beautiful with them all on form. Only difficulty is deciding who of Wood and Nuge to leave on the bench (fwiw I'd use Wood for his strength and height).

Competition for places & options

Having someone quality, (rather than just having numbers) to step-in should either of a central pairing lose form or just need resting

That's how you do it! whilst maintaining a tight knit squad rather than having 45 players

James has cemented his place I think, the guy is a quality midfielder, and it has showed in all our home games this season, he hasn't had a bad home game, and after his recent three performances, people are starting to take more notice of what he actually does. It's the unspectacular things, that he does so well, he breaks opposition attacks, get's important tackles in, and is a very good passer of the ball, he may not be the most attacking of midfielders, but he goes about his business in unspectacular but very important fashion, he has great understanding with Drinkwater as well which is a positive.

I have been really impressed with him, and I hope his form continues, keep playing like this and King will be sitting on the bench for a very long time, and if we do get Trotter or someone similar, then King's days as a Leicester player may well be up, sooner rather than later.

James has cemented his place I think, the guy is a quality midfielder, and it has showed in all our home games this season, he hasn't had a bad home game, and after his recent three performances, people are starting to take more notice of what he actually does. It's the unspectacular things, that he does so well, he breaks opposition attacks, get's important tackles in, and is a very good passer of the ball, he may not be the most attacking of midfielders, but he goes about his business in unspectacular but very important fashion, he has great understanding with Drinkwater as well which is a positive.

I have been really impressed with him, and I hope his form continues, keep playing like this and King will be sitting on the bench for a very long time, and if we do get Trotter or someone similar, then King's days as a Leicester player may well be up, sooner rather than later.

I doubt that in all honesty 4 central midfielders are needed at the very least.

King has has a cracking season in my opinion and has been better than Drinkwatwer.

Danny started great but then his performaces dropped... off a cliff...

Dont agree at all .................

Some of Kings performances have been lacklustre to say the least , Invisible away from home , never fancies anything physical

He & Dyer have been the weak link all season long barring a couple of games , King like Dyer offers nothing defensively ...

I don't think he was fit enough at the start of the season.

He was strangely slow for a 21 year old footballer and seemed to take his time in everything he did.

Now he has been superb since coming back, although I would say he was a bit lost in the Hull game. But you could say he was finding his feet.

He breaks the play up with ease and I can't remember him giving the ball away. He gets the ball and keeps the game moving at a good pace, always finding his target.

Keep it up, Matty.

Dont agree at all .................

Some of Kings performances have been lacklustre to say the least , Invisible away from home , never fancies anything physical

He & Dyer have been the weak link all season long barring a couple of games , King like Dyer offers nothing defensively ...

What games have you been watching?

King's defensive work is one of the best parts of his game. He is constantly covering if needed and makes countless defensive headers and tackles in and around our box.

Dyer works his arse off and is always covering if Konchesky goes forward. He is our best winger in terms of discipline and tracking back to help out.

They're probably the worst two examples of Leicester City midfielders that offer nothing defensively.

Never thought much of King he is vastly over rated. Pearson thinks so too that's why he brought in Drinkwater and James. Kingy's days are numbered.

Bit extreme isn't it? He's got plenty left to contribute IMO. He's been a regular goalscorer for a number of seasons and while he hasn't done that to the extent he has before many people agree he manages to contribute in a different way now. Defensive tracking being a main point of focus. To say his days are numbered when he's been regularly selected in a good team this season doesn't make sense to me. Also, if Pearson thinks he's overrated then why has he only just started putting James in ahead of King?

EDIT: A player he certainly does think isn't all that good is Danns which can be seen by him being loaned out. I rather think Pearson would take a course of action other than starting King regularly if he thought he wasn't up to it.

What games have you been watching?

King's defensive work is one of the best parts of his game. He is constantly covering if needed and makes countless defensive headers and tackles in and around our box.

Dyer works his arse off and is always covering if Konchesky goes forward. He is our best winger in terms of discipline and tracking back to help out.

They're probably the worst two examples of Leicester City midfielders that offer nothing defensively.

Totally agree, King is good at covering and tracking back.

Dyer is good at tracking back, when he can be arsed. I have noticed on a number of occasions where he'll just stand around, but then again he does burn out fairly quickly.

Bit extreme isn't it? He's got plenty left to contribute IMO. He's been a regular goalscorer for a number of seasons and while he hasn't done that to the extent he has before many people agree he manages to contribute in a different way now. Defensive tracking being a main point of focus. To say his days are numbered when he's been regularly selected in a good team this season doesn't make sense to me. Also, if Pearson thinks he's overrated then why has he only just started putting James in ahead of King?

EDIT: A player he certainly does think isn't all that good is Danns which can be seen by him being loaned out. I rather think Pearson would take a course of action other than starting King regularly if he thought he wasn't up to it.

You answered your own question, Pearson has picked James over King why do you think that is if King has been playing so well ? King very often ( too often ) goes missing for long periods in games and is light weight and often bottles a fifty fifty ball. Perhaps Pearsons dropping of King is more to do with the long term as he does not see him as a prem player ?

King often seems to fade in midwinter - and probably gets too much game time even when he's fit. But I also think he grows cautious and stops doing the things that make him most effective.

Neither Drinkwater nor James will ever provide the goal threat King can but King always ends up trying to do two or three jobs - defensive fifth man, midfield fulcrum and late arriver - yet as the season progresses he starts to look jaded.

When that happens he starts passing the ball backwards and sideways instead of using what is a good mind and touch to make things happen.

Deep down he's never been everyone's favourite at Leicester. Indeed it's clear that a lot of our fans would prefer a Tiatto-type for all that Tiatto once went an entire season with us without playing on the winning side.

Truth is Kingy's probably been here long enough and could do with recharging his batteries in a new environment and with different coaches who could perhaps bring out the best in him again. The guy's not scored for ages and that says nothing for anyone considering he's well-capable of a double figure return.

Archived