Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BBCRadioLeicesterSport

Boston Friendly

Hello All,

We are taking the first phone in of the season to Boston United on Monday August 1st.

If any of you are going, and would like to join me at the ground to chat about the season ahead, send me an e-mail and we can arrange for you to be part of the panel.

We are really keen to get true blue fans on to talk about the close season signings, what will be an achievable finishing position etc.

You will need to be at the ground from 18.00 - 19.00.

If you would like to take part, send me an e mail to: [email protected]

Cheers

Wow - now the BBC is getting involved in the FT forum!

142310[/snapback]

Wind up?

142319[/snapback]

Nope the only try and plug there moan in show, the don't post anything else, just simple plugging one form of spamming I spose'

They did it last season aswell!

If they broadcast it on the Web. I wanted to listen to CL's phone at the end of last season and it was not broadcast. :mad::mad::mad:

My only other hope is that we don't get too many Rugby supporters. :huh::ph34r::unsure:

Hi Chaps,

Not a wind up, or spamming. I really want to try and get a different range of fans to take part in the phone-in this season.

I have already had a couple of people off here e-mail me to say they would like to take part at Boston, so it should be less of a "moan in" and reflect more of your views. Of course the other way to stop it being a moan-in is for you to give us a bell, and say what you think of City.

Cheers for the response.

Jon B

Well we can forget about this now then !!! Will try and sort something out later in the year, or we could perhaps have a couple of you in the studio if you're still interested?

142735[/snapback]

A text just recived from the clubs text service;

Leicester City will now face Boston United at York Street on Monday, July 25 (7.30pm) following the postponement of the Inter Milan Clash

Well we can forget about this now then !!! Will try and sort something out later in the year, or we could perhaps have a couple of you in the studio if you're still interested?

142735[/snapback]

It's all very well you trying to get people with an intelligent view on the phone in but my experience is that you only cosinder it intelligent if they are toeing the line and being non-controversial - the reason why I've stopped listening.

The number of times I've heard people cut off just as they are about to make a valid yet critical point because you've found an apparent legitimate reason to cut them, which in my mind is rude, patronising and brown nosing the club.

142735[/snapback]

It's all very well you trying to get people with an intelligent view on the phone in but my experience is that you only cosinder it intelligent if they are toeing the line and being non-controversial - the reason why I've stopped listening.

The number of times I've heard people cut off just as they are about to make a valid yet critical point because you've found an apparent legitimate reason to cut them, which in my mind is rude, patronising and brown nosing the club.

142752[/snapback]

To be fair that happened a lot when Trelinski was doing the phone in. I am a bit worried that Radio Leicester seem to employ Forest fans. I'm sure Trelinski was because he was always going on about how he used to watch Williams play for Forest when he worked for Radio Nottingham and I have my suspicions that Jon B is a tree. I've heard him commentating on Nottinghamshire cricket games in the past when he was employed by Radio Leicester and from memory he went to Nottingham Trent Uni. That's too much of a Nottingham connection for my liking. Seemed to enjoy Forest's relegation though so that's his saving grace.

Will Rob Henton still be used on matchdays because he really started to grind after a while?

Trust me, I am no Forest Fan !!! I did go to Uni there, but it was a great delight to see the trees get relegated !!! Just as an aside, Trelinski isn't a forest fan either !!!

Rob Henton is still doing stuff with us, but isn't on the main programme.

Ali Mauchlen is summarisaing for nearly every game this season.

We've made a couple of changes to the programme, and a big change to the phone-in for the coming season, so hopefully you will be happier with it. Hopefully happy enough to give us a call. I've always said if you don't call the phone in, you can't really moan about it.

Look forward to talking to you on air about City's brilliant start to the season !!!

Trust me, I am no Forest Fan !!! I did go to Uni there, but it was a great delight to see the trees get relegated !!! Just as an aside, Trelinski isn't a forest fan either !!!

We've made a couple of changes to the programme, and a big change to the phone-in for the coming season, so hopefully you will be happier with it. Hopefully happy enough to give us a call. I've always said if you don't call the phone in, you can't really moan about it.

Look forward to talking to you on air about City's brilliant start to the season !!!

142878[/snapback]

Whats that then?

I know this will sound cheeky Jon but any chance of a mention on air that should fans want to rate the players after any game that they visit www.player-ratings.co.uk? It is a site that collects fans ratings and generates awards based on what the fans own ratings and the more fans that vote the more accurate the results will be. The Foxes Trust are already getting involved in this, so just let me know. ;)

142878[/snapback]

Ok, ok!! So you don't support Forest but you can see why I was suspicious. Fell out with Radio Leicester when they seemingly threw Nev out after his long running assosiation with the station. Not your fault I know and I'm sure he's found enough other things to do with the Mercury and other publications. Times change I suppose but John Sinclair who I know's from Loughborough needs to get a bit more excited when we score to replace Nev.

Ok, ok!! So you don't support Forest but you can see why I was suspicious. Fell out with Radio Leicester when they seemingly threw Nev out after his long running assosiation with the station. Not your fault I know and I'm sure he's found enough other things to do with the Mercury and other publications. Times change I suppose but John Sinclair who I know's from Loughborough needs to get a bit more excited when we score to replace Nev.

143042[/snapback]

Nev & Bill Anderson come from a generation who believe fans should stay in their place & never get involved in running a club or ensuring supporter consultation takes place. So can't agree with any disappointment about Nev's departure.

Bill doesn't even believe women have a place supporting football !

We feel that the Radio Leicester has moved on from Nev's creeping to the club & we now observe a more questioning approach akin to good journalism

143042[/snapback]

Nev & Bill Anderson come from a generation who believe fans should stay in their place & never get involved in running a club or ensuring supporter consultation takes place. So can't agree with any disappointment about Nev's departure.

Bill doesn't even believe women have a place supporting football !

We feel that the Radio Leicester has moved on from Nev's creeping to the club & we now observe a more questioning approach akin to good journalism

143056[/snapback]

Legend lol

Hi Sheffield,

Will try and get the web-site mentioned in the phone-in and on commentary at appropriate points.

Might be a good idea to speak to our web guts, and see if they can add it as a link to their sports pages as well.

e mail them at [email protected]

Cheers

143718[/snapback]

Would you be able to give this site a mention too?

Thanks. :)

Hi Sheffield,

Will try and get the web-site mentioned in the phone-in and on commentary at appropriate points.

Might be a good idea to speak to our web guts, and see if they can add it as a link to their sports pages as well.

e mail them at [email protected]

Cheers

143718[/snapback]

Top man, cheers.

P.S. I have already spoken to your webbies and they have agreed to publicise my site in return for them using my ratings after each match.

Archived