Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iwan is a Welshman

Last Lowest Home League Attendance

Since I've wasted what should have been a morning's work looking into this I might as well share my findings:

26th January 1991, Blackburn beat us 3-1. Saw Pleat get the sack. Team was:

1. Carl Muggleton (In July he became Goalkeeping Coach for Martin Allen at Gillingham)

2. Ali Mauchlan (Wikipedia has him working for British Gas these days.)

3. Colin Gibson

4. Marc North (Sadly died of cancer in 2001)

5. Lawrie Madden (Don't know, only made 3 appearances for the club.)

6. Richard Smith (now runs a skip hire business)

7. Oooh Tommy Wright (was Caretaker boss of Chesterfield following John Sheridan's sacking at the start of the season.)

8. Paul Reid (is now manager of Afan Lido of Port Talbot, who are unfortunately bottom of the Welsh Premier League.)

9. David Oldfield (currently in charge of West Brom's development squad after getting the nod from the highly rated Dan Ashworth before his departure to work with the FA as Director of Elite Development at St George's Park.)

10. Gary Mills (Manager of York City, won the Conference Play Off Final in June to bring them back to the Football League after an eight year absence)

11. David Kelly (was Billy Davies' Assistant at Forest)

After that game we also had crowds of 8,000 against Plymouth, Hull, Middlesbrough, Charlton and Brighton before, in front of 19,011 at Filbo, Tony James' goal on the last day of the season saved us from third tier football.

Information from The Bible that is Of Fossils and Foxes.

Ali Mauchlan does the hospitality for the club, I doubt that he works for British Gas.

I'm going back a fair few years, but I worked at British Gas on Aylestone Road for a few months temping. I was stood outside sneaking a quick cigarette when this little ginger bloke came round the corner with a face like thunder. He didn't say anything but he looked like he wanted to give me a smack. I looked back at him as to say "what the fook are you looking at?". I then realised it was Ally Mauchlen & looked away......the fiery little bastard!!

Theres a big warehouse for British Gas parts on Aylestone Road & apparently he was a warehouse manager.

Really goes to show younguns like me that whenever Filbert Street is mentioned, the rose tinted specs are well and truly on.

Don't doubt there were some fantastic times, but also sounds like it's been much much worse than what we have ever had at the KP.

Really goes to show younguns like me that whenever Filbert Street is mentioned, the rose tinted specs are well and truly on.

Don't doubt there were some fantastic times, but also sounds like it's been much much worse than what we have ever had at the KP.

I'd not been going long when this happenend. Saw a lot of these guys play for us when i was a wee boy.

Yes the move has added a few k to our average attendance but give me 8k at flibert st over 14k at the former crisp bowl.

It was a shit hole but it was a cracking little ground, there were some memorable nights of football there, the King Power isn't a patch on it. Sadly, we did need a bigger stadium. I have no issue with moving from Filber Street, they just should of built us a decent ground not a carbon copy of every 30 something thousand seater stadium being erected.

The 8,000 says more about our lack of support during that time period than it does about Filbert Street.

I'd not been going long when this happenend. Saw a lot of these guys play for us when i was a wee boy.

Yes the move has added a few k to our average attendance but give me 8k at flibert st over 14k at the former crisp bowl.

Many of those 8k attendances were totally devoid of any atmosphere apart from they's all fit in nicely on foxestalk with all the moaning that was going on :P

Archived