Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Oh dear tin hat time :)

Could be a bit wet round there buddy. Best thing to do in these kind of conditions is find a heathland course or one thats built on a sand base, courses like Kilworth Springs and Worksop for example never get wet, no matter what the weather brings theyre always bone dry

I can't imagine it affecting my play in that i can't get much worse. Broke 100 once at Western Park! Im pretty good off the tees and approach play is reasonable. Its when i get on the greens i start to look more like a hockey player than a golfer.

Never been to Beedles, my mate whos a much better player than me is a member there. We were told Western Park is awful at the mo so decided to play at his place.

Ive 15 balls for tomorrow...

I should add that I never cheat. My worst round was about 120 when I first went and best was 98. No gimmes, no free shots, playing the ball out of rough etc in accordance to the rules. I don't see the point in cheating. I go with some very capable blokes who shoot early 80s, so trying to gain the odd shot would be no use anyway. I'd only be cheating myself

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Anyway back to the betting! I simply cannot believe that the bookies are offering up James Hahn at 100/1 again after his performance at Pebble Beach. I have got to take them on at that price again, I wasn't even aware he was playing. Perhaps they don't, hence the price.

My total bets for this week are as follows:

My Northern Trust:

Hunter Mahan 3 points e/w @ 35/1

Charles Howell III 1 points e/w @ 50/1

James Hahn 1 points e/w @ 100/1

Africa Open:

Andy Sullivan 1 points e/w @ 50/1

Shaun Norris 1 points e/w @ 125/1

I have Webb Simpson, Freddie Jacobsen, Ricardo Santos and Jaco Van Zyl all in some e/w doubles at small stakes. I also have Carl Pettersson and James Morrison in a 1st round leader e/w double and a winner e/w double.

Total points staked = 20

Bank down to: 105.5 points (running 25.5 points in profit before this weeks bets)

PS Stan James are paying 6 places.

If one of these doubles comes in then I'm retiring! Haha so far so good.

If one of these doubles comes in then I'm retiring! Haha so far so good.

Good luck.

Did you change your doubles list in your original post? I copied all your and Roos bets the other morning and in my doubles I've got B. Watson and Howell instead of Jacobsen and Simpson lol Your post doesn't say edited so not sure where I got those names from!

I can't imagine it affecting my play in that i can't get much worse. Broke 100 once at Western Park! Im pretty good off the tees and approach play is reasonable. Its when i get on the greens i start to look more like a hockey player than a golfer.

Never been to Beedles, my mate whos a much better player than me is a member there. We were told Western Park is awful at the mo so decided to play at his place.

Ive 15 balls for tomorrow...

I should add that I never cheat. My worst round was about 120 when I first went and best was 98. No gimmes, no free shots, playing the ball out of rough etc in accordance to the rules. I don't see the point in cheating. I go with some very capable blokes who shoot early 80s, so trying to gain the odd shot would be no use anyway. I'd only be cheating myself

Let me know how you get on tomorrow bud, and whether you like the course. Ive played at Beedles a fair few times in things like scratch team matches and a few bounce games with my dad and mates. Its just on low lying land next to the wreake river so some of the fairways get a bit boggy. The course is pretty run of the mill muni fare as youd expect, but to give the beedles guys credit they do produce some fantastic putting surfaces, that wouldnt look out of place at a private members club.

Ive shot 73 there but being in a bounce game it doesnt really count as a ''legit'' score.....there were a few 1 and 2 foot putts conceded.

Im going to go and play charnwood forest tomorrow, its a very small quirky course, only measures 6,000 yards, two loops of nine amongst granite rocks and heathland. Always stays dry and playable all year.

Hope you enjoy your date mate. weather looks alright

Let me know how you get on tomorrow bud, and whether you like the course. Ive played at Beedles a fair few times in things like scratch team matches and a few bounce games with my dad and mates. Its just on low lying land next to the wreake river so some of the fairways get a bit boggy. The course is pretty run of the mill muni fare as youd expect, but to give the beedles guys credit they do produce some fantastic putting surfaces, that wouldnt look out of place at a private members club.

Ive shot 73 there but being in a bounce game it doesnt really count as a ''legit'' score.....there were a few 1 and 2 foot putts conceded.

Im going to go and play charnwood forest tomorrow, its a very small quirky course, only measures 6,000 yards, two loops of nine amongst granite rocks and heathland. Always stays dry and playable all year.

Hope you enjoy your date mate. weather looks alright

Missus has the course record on the ladies tees round Beedles. :cool:

Woah! fair play! what handicap is she off if you dont mind me asking mate?

She was down to two until she stopped playing. She's got or had CR at somewhere else in Leicester. Just can't remember!

Flair so far so good. Van Zyl and Santos are in striking distance as i can see Aidson doing a fisher jnr from last week.

Can't keep track of all your bets but you have a few up there in the Northern. Na na na nana na is a cat off him now but Moore and Jimmy aren't far off it still with holes to play

Good luck.

Did you change your doubles list in your original post? I copied all your and Roos bets the other morning and in my doubles I've got B. Watson and Howell instead of Jacobsen and Simpson lol Your post doesn't say edited so not sure where I got those names from!

I had Howell III in a single bet, very disappointed in him. Not had Watson. I do have a shit load of bets each week, so some often crossover. I'm eager to land a massive double just for the buzz. They're only often £1 and £2 e/w doubles but if one of them is a long shot then its a big win.

James Hahn had a shocker last night, really expected him to move to the top but shot 74. I'd a fiver e/w on him at 90/1. My only other half decent singles bet is Mahan - £15 e/w at 35/1 but he's a fair bit back too. The same with Andy Sullivan in Africa.

Flair so far so good. Van Zyl and Santos are in striking distance as i can see Aidson doing a fisher jnr from last week.

Can't keep track of all your bets but you have a few up there in the Northern. Na na na nana na is a cat off him now but Moore and Jimmy aren't far off it still with holes to play

Hahahaaaa I need to be more disciplined. I've had so many bets again. I found myself ready to pull the trigger on loading up on Couples last night. Animal.

Moore looks handy pal, I think he'll go close.

What? Aint my record haha!

Well I shan't be bothering her any time soon. 126 I hit. I think that's the worst score I've ever got since playing 18 holes at the age of 15. Woeful. To make matters worse holes 12 and 13 we're shut so we scored ourselves par on each. 126 includes those two pars. 3 bogeys and the rest speaks for itself.

Its a nice course as well, fairly open etc. My tee shots were decent and two putted on most holes. My irons were wank. I think I hit maybe 5 decent approach shots. Lost 3 balls as well. I only started getting better once I'd decided to not give a ****

It doesn't help I only played 3 times last year, but I've always found my first time back in the new year ain't too bad. Until today

Well I shan't be bothering her any time soon. 126 I hit. I think that's the worst score I've ever got since playing 18 holes at the age of 15. Woeful. To make matters worse holes 12 and 13 we're shut so we scored ourselves par on each. 126 includes those two pars. 3 bogeys and the rest speaks for itself.

Its a nice course as well, fairly open etc. My tee shots were decent and two putted on most holes. My irons were wank. I think I hit maybe 5 decent approach shots. Lost 3 balls as well. I only started getting better once I'd decided to not give a ****

It doesn't help I only played 3 times last year, but I've always found my first time back in the new year ain't too bad. Until today

Never mind mate, write it off as a bad day and come back next time. youd have parred 13 anyway its only a dinky little par 3 that you can throw it onto the green from the tee.

I shot 73 which is +4 at charnwood forest. Was humdrum stuff. 2 bogeys, 1 double bogey, 15 pars. The double bogey was on the par 5 15th which was painful. plays as a par four on the first loop, then off the back tee its a par 5. Out of bounds all the way down the left so it was a perfect time to hit a nice 30 yard rope hook off the tee out of bounds :(

Trying to get my game into shape ready for playing Woodhall Spa (Hotchkin) in 4 weeks, just a family thing to conincide with dads holiday from work. Being able to hit a shot that isnt a draw would be a start

Off to the range tomorrow. Will post a vid up of myself and Leicester lass. (maybe not me, embarrassing!)

Nice idea, ill post one of my swings up for you all to critique (or have a good chuckle at more like)

Went the range yesterday, first time I've hit any balls since I broke my coccyx. Hit it well and no pain, so I'll be stepping up my practice before joining Wimbledon Common in March. New driver, 3 wood and hybrid go nicely but I'm playing a massive draw at the minute and I much prefer to hit it straight and not fight a shape. Need to work on that.

Andy Sullivan had a good round today and finished 5th, so I'll get a return on that. Van Zyl had a hack so the doubles are not going to be as good as first thought.

Leicester lass on the range. Only a short vid because of video size.

Video didn't work, will link it through twitter

https://mobile.twitt...175268061814785

https://mobile.twitt...175236776493060

A nice compact action that is. Solid 2 handicap swing all day.

Is her natural ball flight a draw? I love everything about that swing except it looks like on the downswing, she gets a little bit too much inside and a little bit too much from underneath and flips the club through the ball. if you pause video two at two seconds you can see the right arm move up and away as the clubface crosses over. This is something i get some times too and the problem with this is when youre off, you can miss the ball both ways, you can block it from the inside swing path, or you can overcook a draw with the hand action.

But that is a very, very solid action. love it

Hunter Mahan you absolute penis!

That's why i stayed clear of him this week, did the same last week.

I've had a shocker this week, Santos would of made it respectable but dropped shots on the last couple of holes to cost him a placing.

If Beljain wins it will be incredible. 2 wins in the last few months and both at about 500/1

A nice compact action that is. Solid 2 handicap swing all day.

Is her natural ball flight a draw? I love everything about that swing except it looks like on the downswing, she gets a little bit too much inside and a little bit too much from underneath and flips the club through the ball. if you pause video two at two seconds you can see the right arm move up and away as the clubface crosses over. This is something i get some times too and the problem with this is when youre off, you can miss the ball both ways, you can block it from the inside swing path, or you can overcook a draw with the hand action.

But that is a very, very solid action. love it

Wouldn't really be able to tell you mate lol

She's not been playing that regular recently so maybe just finding her way back into. Played at county level and had England coaching.

Enjoyable to watch when she hits it pure though! :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing your stuff :)

Wouldn't really be able to tell you mate lol

She's not been playing that regular recently so maybe just finding her way back into. Played at county level and had England coaching.

Enjoyable to watch when she hits it pure though! :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing your stuff :)

Ill try and get some video uploaded from a range session at some point this week, more than likely later in the week, possibly thursday type time, although im playing tuesday i dont think ill get a video up.

Ill give you prior warning though, my swing is nowhere NEAR as elegant as your girlfriends. Its dig it out, strong grip, shut clubface all the way stuff. Ill show you later this week

:)