Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Rory continues his torrid time. The huge switch to Nike is not proving a good move at the moment. Still astounded that any golfer, let alone the best player in the world, would change their entire bag after a year of playing the best golf of their life. Suppose ££££ talks.

I was reading in a golf mag the other day that Nike have copied his old clubs so his new clubs are exactly the same.

The problem is the Nike ball has different properties from the titelist.

Personally I don't normally keep a ball long enough to get used to a particular ball flight!

Was it Mcdowell that swapped to Nike as well a couple years back and has played crap ever since?

McDowell is playing Srixon irons

Rory isnt doing a lot to silence the voices at the moment unfortunately. Missed cuts, withdrawals, he needs a solid 4 days badly.

I hope hes not playing anything from the 20xi ball series, they are god awful

I put an each way on Villegas at the Honda Classic.

Shot a 64 on thursday, and i was starting to get ahead of myself. Even gave a little fist pump when he holed an eagle putt on 18 thinking id picked a beauty.

So i had a lovely surprise today when he wasnt in any tv coverage, and i popped onto pgatour.com to look at the leaderboard. He chopped his way round in 77 and missed the cut.

Leader to cut. Marvellous

Villegas is having an awful few years. Don't waste your £££ on him! Guthrie looks decent, could be a big player in the next few years.

Oh i know, believe me. Lost his card on the PGA tour and is playing limited starts and invites. But he has form around that course and seeing him at 100/1, i thought that maybe, just maybe.........

Luke Guthrie is a quality player. He blazed his way through the web.com tour

Shocking week on both tours for me. Howell III had a dreadful final round and there went any last chance of a return.

The good news is there's 2 good tournaments this week in the Cadillac and Puerto Rico. I may well focus more of my attention on the latter where some proven winners might obtain a bit of value in a weaker field.

After 2 very poor weeks, i'm looking to return to form.

Puerto Rico Open:

Matt Every 1.5 points e/w @ 66/1 - this lad loves a birdie and is steady as you like. He'll win soon.

Chris Stroud 1 points e/w @ 100/1 - had a good tournament last week and is over-priced

Matt Jones 2 points e/w @ 40/1 - another who will win soon and is in decent form

James Hahn 2 points e/w @ 40/1 - Won me some good place money last month in a stronger event than this, he's gearing up for his maiden win.

WGC Cadillac:

Webb Simpson 2.5 points e/w @ 40/1 - Simpson loves these bigger events and he has shown signs of being in the groove already this season.

Hunter Mahan 3 points e/w @ 28/1 - This twat let me down when leading with 3 holes to play a few weeks back and then I left him alone the following week and he finished 2nd. His form is good, he owes me.

Jason Dufner 2 points e/w @ 66/1 - One of my favourite golfers, doesn't give a fook and although his form could be better, he's capable of winning this straight off.

Chile Classic:

Felipe Aguilar 3 points win @ 18/1 - If this lad performs like he has done on the Euro Tour this season in his home event then it's like printing money. He's led me to paying a close interest in this event and also have a couple of other bets! :)

Oscar Fraustro 1 point e/w @ 100/1 - Another South American capable of the business in such a field

Scott Harrington 0.5 points e/w @ 125/1

Puerto Rico

Kevin Stadler 25/1 - Consistent top 20 performer in this tourny and been going well in harder events than this.

Jeff Overton 27/1 - Loves the course and can shoot low scores.

James Hahn 50/1 - Knew you would be on him aswell Flair, been doing well on the tour this year with some great performances. This is alot weaker field and agree i think he can break threw.

WGC

John Senden 120/1 - Think he is a good chance at odds, top 5 a couple of years ago at the course and has showed signs of getting back in form.

Nick Watney - 30/1 - Stupid odds for a player that has an awesome record in this tourny include 2 wins in last 4 or 5 years.

Adam Scott - 26/1 - Not being playing much but think this is a course that would suit him 13th last year and goes well fresh.

Chille Open.

Fancy Danny Lee 40/1.

Puerto Rico

Kevin Stadler 25/1 - Consistent top 20 performer in this tourny and been going well in harder events than this.

Jeff Overton 27/1 - Loves the course and can shoot low scores.

James Hahn 50/1 - Knew you would be on him aswell Flair, been doing well on the tour this year with some great performances. This is alot weaker field and agree i think he can break threw.

WGC

John Senden 120/1 - Think he is a good chance at odds, top 5 a couple of years ago at the course and has showed signs of getting back in form.

Nick Watney - 30/1 - Stupid odds for a player that has an awesome record in this tourny include 2 wins in last 4 or 5 years.

Adam Scott - 26/1 - Not being playing much but think this is a course that would suit him 13th last year and goes well fresh.

Chille Open.

Fancy Danny Lee 40/1.

Hahn and De Laet i've backed numerous times this year and they've given me a run for their money. Typically I didn't back De Laet last week when he went close. I think they've got a win in them this year. I won £150 on roulette last night so i've had some crazy e/w doubles. I'd list them but there's so many! Bugger it go on then

Mahan, Simpson, Dufner in to Every, Stroud, Jones

DJ, Bradley, Donald in to Hahn, De Laet & Compton

Aguilar in to Jason Day

Watney in to Brian Struad

All £150 on. Haha what a prat.

Had Danny Lee choke on me as well had a shocking weekend but snare a t6th and Scott got a t3rd

I'm down quite a lot. Gomez did get me £57.75 back but everything else was dog muck. Scott Harrington finished 6th, just outside a place for me at 125/1, that's hit me hard too. Most of my bets were with free money that i'd won on roulette last week, but I was so close to landing 4 figures and i'm left with a pittance. Bring on Cheltenham, haha.

This week i'm going insane i'm going Ben Crane!

Tampa

Aussie Flavour this week, the course looks like it will suit them.

Adam Scott - 15/1 - Very short but did shoot -6 and -8 on the Saturday and Sunday last week, he was coming off a bit of a break so probably needed the Friday and Thursday to brush off some cobwebs. His short game will hold him in good stead here.

John Senden - 60/1 - Needs to be super consistent and limit any bogeys and think Johnny will be able to do that as historically you only need to shoot -10 to win here.

Jase Day - 40/1 - The young queenslander is due and plays well at the course but has always been let down by one shocker of a round.

Avantha

Ricardo Santos - 20/1 - in my opinion not been a better golfer in the Euro and his stroke average is the 4th best on tour this season.

Bjorn Akesson - 60/1 - His long hitting could win it for him this week, longish course which looks like it will play to the big hitters.

Adilson Da Silva - 120/1 - Think if the weather is good you need an agressive player who will shoot low and Adilson has proven he can do that this year.