Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Would of been better to tell us who you didn't bet on lol

Yeah think Phil will be my main bet he is currently 14/1 at my local, think he may drift after Rory did well.

Can make a case for plenty in the field my next to best Louie O and Keegan. Will no doubt whack a couple of outsider bets on for top 10 finishes as well.

Will post my tips later in the week.

Hahahaa I forgot one as well, had a small e/w nibble on Marc Leishmann at 350/1

Stricker, Scott and Kaymer.

Fancy all this to have a good tournament, but more importantly to be at bigger odds on betfair now than they will be after the first day, especially in play as the commentators will talk all three up I reckon. Always good to back a good starter and then you can lay it off and effectively have a free bet.

I can see Tiger Woods running away with this in all honesty though. I think I'd prefer to see how his odds look after day one through and see what sort of frame of mind etc he's in.

The week has not started well for me, as upon entering my clubs masters sweepstake, i had the dubious honour of pulling out Larry Mize and Sandy Lyle.

Things can only get better from here

Stricker, Scott and Kaymer.

Fancy all this to have a good tournament, but more importantly to be at bigger odds on betfair now than they will be after the first day, especially in play as the commentators will talk all three up I reckon. Always good to back a good starter and then you can lay it off and effectively have a free bet.

I can see Tiger Woods running away with this in all honesty though. I think I'd prefer to see how his odds look after day one through and see what sort of frame of mind etc he's in.

im not sure id fancy any of those to be honest

im not sure id fancy any of those to be honest

I fancy Scott to go well, Top 10 last 2 years.

Contemplating my bets at the moment, thinking of just putting everything on Big Phil and then having a multi on Louie O, KJ and Scott to be be top South African, Aussie and Asian.

The back to lay bets of the week for me would be Justin Rose, Adam Scott, KJ Choi and Bill Haas. Rose has been 1st round leader twice at The Masters before and KJ has as well I believe. Both have been in half decent form but without having the minerals to win this year and Bill Haas has been in some ridiculous positions to win and cocked it up. Adam Scott did the same a few weeks back. I prefer 1st round leader bets than the back and lay for making more money, but it's obviously harder to predict.

Even though I know it's coin down the toilet I have to have a wager on Garcia. The guys an absoloute crackerjack and is defeated in the head before he starts most tournaments.

Despite this I love him. One day he will win a major and it will be spectacular - mark my words

Got 45/1 which is shorter than usual as apparently he's hit a bit of form recently..

Edited by Collymore

Even though I know it's coin down the toilet I have to have a wager on Garcia. The guys an absoloute crackerjack and is defeated in the head before he starts most tournaments.

Despite this I love him. One day he will win a major and it will be spectacular - mark my words

Got 45/1 which is shorter than usual as apparently he's hit a bit of form recently..

He's in decent nick this year, he's always one of the best ball strikers and the putter is slowly starting to work. He's my favourite golfer of all time, but I prefer to bet against him and hope that if my bets lose then it's him that clears up. I was on him several years back when he inexplicably threw away The Open and it hurt me. What a man though, met him as well and he's brilliant.

He's in decent nick this year, he's always one of the best ball strikers and the putter is slowly starting to work. He's my favourite golfer of all time, but I prefer to bet against him and hope that if my bets lose then it's him that clears up. I was on him several years back when he inexplicably threw away The Open and it hurt me. What a man though, met him as well and he's brilliant.

Wow - where do you meet him? What was he like? Also did you see his shot and jump out of the tree?

Edited by Collymore

Wow - where do you meet him? What was he like? Also did you see his shot and jump out of the tree?

Hahahaa yeah saw that the other day, brilliant.

I met him at the british open in kent in 2011, he talked to the fans half way round!! I also met him at a exhibition in London last year with Dustin Johnson, think it was a Taylor Made (sponsor) gig.

Does anyone give Kaymer a hope here?

How does he usually go at this course?

No hope from me. Im not sure whether hes ever made a cut at Augusta and despite holing the winning Ryder Cup putt, he has been well off key for a long time

I take it you didn't watch the Ryder Cup!

In other news Leicester Lass has Sergio Garcia's old putter.

As an individual he has done **** all. Kaymer didn't even want to play in the Ryder cup going in to it cos his form and confidence was shot.

I take it you didn't watch the Ryder Cup!

In other news Leicester Lass has Sergio Garcia's old putter.

Scotty Cameron Del Mar? I bought one of his prototypes years ago for about £350/400 because i'm a twat. She'll be able to sell that for a few grand.

Just to clarify my bets then, because there's been a lot.

Tiger Woods @ 6/1 - £50 WIN (Stan James offer yesterday)

Dustin Johnson @ 33/1 6 places - £15 e/w

Keegan Bradley @ 33/1 6 places - £10 e/w

Keegan Bradley @ 28/1 5 places - £5 e/w (free bet with Bet Victor)

Keegan Bradley @ 25/1 - £5 WIN

Phil Mickleson @ 12/1 - £15 WIN

Phil Mickleson @ 16/1 (Stan James offer yesterday) 5 places - £15 e/w

Henrik Stenson @ 66/1 5 places - £5 e/w (free bet with Skybet)

Lee Westwood @ 30/1 5 places - £2.50 e/w

Steve Stricker @ 66/1 5 places - £2.50 e/w (free bet with Bet Victor)

Freddie Jacobson @ 125/1 6 places - £2.50 e/w

Thorbjorn Olesen @ 125/1 6 places - £2.50 e/w

Branden Grace @ 200/1 6 places - £2.50 e/w

John Merrick @ 250/1 6 places - £3 e/w

Paul Lawrie @ 300/1 6 places - £2 e/w

Marc Leishmann @ 400/1 6 places - £2 e/w

Lee Westwood 1st round leader @ 40/1 - £5 e/w

Bo Van Pelt 1st round leader @ 90/1 - £5 e/w

My bets with Bet Victor will all be refunded if Tiger or Rory wins, which is another nice touch. Hopefully Rory misses the cut though as I think he's a coont. It's fair to say i've gone wild, but this is my bread and butter. I expect a return but more importantly I expect 4 days of sporting brilliance and i'll enjoy it all no matter what.