Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

With Cheltenham taking up a lot of my focus, i'll limit my golf bets this week and hope that it doesn't backfire. I'm still sickened by Gomez's bottle job up the 18th on sunday, i'd be the best part of a grand better off. Anyway, musn't grumble i've already got in to a slanging match with some cretin on facebook about it because I was angry I didn't win?! Haha what a helmet.

Avantha:

New course, co-sanctioned tour. Will it be like the South African events and be peppered with Asian players in the top 10? Probably, who knows.

Anirban Lahiri 2 points e/w @ 28/1 - Don't know too much about this fella but he won last week on his tour and he's attached to this course in some way. I'm being a bit of a sell-out by backing him without much knowledge but if he wins i'll certainly remember him!

Simon Khan 1 points e/w @ 135/1 - An experienced European Tour player who plays well ' out of europe ' and at that price i've got to back him. He had a good tournament in Doho at the end of Jan and hopefully he's ready to go again.

Felipe Aguilar 2 points e/w @ 30/1 - I was close to landing an e/w double with this fella last week but some prat on another tour didn't hold up their end of the bargain. He's got strong form on the Euro Tour this week and was just a shot or two away from winning the Chile Classic. He'll win this year.

Tampa:

Sergio Garcia 3 points e/w @ 16/1 - Sergio is bang on form and what a sight to see. My favourite golfer, the price is a bit skinny but I trust him and love him. He's very good on technical courses, he'll enjoy the battle.

Webb Simpson 2 points e/w @ 22/1 - I was on Webb last week and fancied him to go close, it didn't work out that way after an explosive first 9 holes. I think he's going to go well at the masters this year and this is a course and tournament that players liken to Augusta. Form carries forward and i'll give him another chance.

Jason Dufner 2 points e/w @ 28/1 - See above. I was on him last week, however Dufner performed steadily and i'm convinced a top 5 if not better is on the cards this week.

Tampa Bay Championship Each Ways:

Adam Scott (12/1)- Whats not to like? Beginning his Masters run-up, he looked staggeringly good on the weekend at Doral, and if he carries that form forward, No one is stopping him.

Gary Woodland (80/1)- Has form at Innisbrook, having previously won the tournament. A prodigious hitter, he has struggled with Injuries in the past 12 months but looks like he is getting his game back in shape and looks like good value for me.

Scott Stallings (80/1)- 2 Wins in his 2 seasons on tour, competed well on this course both years, notching a 5th place in 2011. Has made a steady start to this season after contending to win the Humana Challenge and comes into Tampa fresh after a week off.

Bad doo on Saturday from Dufner, he looked to be cruising as well. What a prat. Can't buy a win at the minute, i'm still well up for the year so far but the last few weeks have been very frustrating.

Has been frustrating recently for sure. Stallings and Woodland missed the cut for me in Tampa, but Scott was (albeit short odds) was well placed after 2 rounds until witout explanation crashing over the weekend.

Still, onto Bay Hill and Malaysia

Has been frustrating recently for sure. Stallings and Woodland missed the cut for me in Tampa, but Scott was (albeit short odds) was well placed after 2 rounds until witout explanation crashing over the weekend.

Still, onto Bay Hill and Malaysia

Yeah Scott had a right chop on Saturday, he looked in superb nick as well for the 1st 2 rounds. Very annoying mate.

Dufner is pissing me off, I know if I leave him alone though he'll go and win soon as he's got the game to start killing it.

Had Da Silva T3 and Scott T2 going in to the Saturday but they both had shocking 3rd rounds.

Malaysian

Thongchai Jaidee - 40/1

Adilson DaSilva - 160/1

Marcus Fraiser - 60/1

Arnold Palmer

Bo Van Pelt - 40/1

David Lingermerth - 400/1

KJ Choi 120/1

Also looking at Russel Henley 100/1.

Bay Hill:

Bubba Watson @ 33/1 e/w

Hunter Mahan @ 35/1 e/w

Johnson Wagner @ 300/1 e/w

Malaysia:

Schwartzel 5 points WIN @ 6/1

Pablo Larrazabal @ 80/1 e/w

Simon Dyson @ 70/1 e/w

I also have Gregory Bourdy 70/1, David Howell 40/1, Phil Mickleson 18/1 and Keegan Bradley 28/1 in some very small e/w doubles

It looks like it's Tiger's again this week, he's starting to turn the screw this year. I hope he clears up in the majors too, he's a joy to watch.

I'm livid with Gregory Bourdy who was nicely placed until they cut it down to 54 holes in Malaysia and his ending to the 3rd round was poor, i'd be looking at a nice e/w double with Keegan Bradley as well.

I still have a minor hope on Mahan placing as I have him in e/w doubles with Schwartzel and Larrazabal.

Anybody liking the value of Peter Hanson at the masters each way? 100/1 outright on skybet and played very well last year at Augusta, as well as European Tour wins too.

I was considering it a couple of weeks ago mate but he withdrew from Bay Hill with a bad back. Hopefully it's only a precaution but that's why he's gone from about 66/1 out to a 100/1 this week. Great value if the injury is nothing to worry about.

Hahahahahahaa has anyone seen the scores in Morocco? Some unbelievable hacks but none worse than Jakub Svoboda who was 21 over par after just 6 holes and sacked it off. 21 over? That is ridiculous, surely the worst score from a so called professional ever? I've looked at his previous scores and he's diabolical, how is he even a pro? He's worse than me!!!!

Hahahahahahaa has anyone seen the scores in Morocco? Some unbelievable hacks but none worse than Jakub Svoboda who was 21 over par after just 6 holes and sacked it off. 21 over? That is ridiculous, surely the worst score from a so called professional ever? I've looked at his previous scores and he's diabolical, how is he even a pro? He's worse than me!!!!

The worst round i can remember in my mind would be Ian Baker-Finch shooting a 92 at the open before retiring. Painful, as he was an open champion not that long before his game completely imploded.

I think at the Masters a few years ago Billy Casper didnt break 100. but i will give the guy some slack, he was very old and shouldnt have really been playing. Playing as a past champion in a ceremonial type way, much like you see guys like Ben Crenshaw doing nowadays

Apparently Mark James shot 111 in a tournament in the 70's!! Unbelievable

Anyway, need Marcel Siem to hold on today. My USA bets are nowhere, but had a tenner at 9/1 on Ousthuizen at 9/1 this morning. He ripped it last night and looks dangerous.

Can not wait for the Masters, hoping to make some coin this week tho after not having a bet at all last week.

Buzzing for it too mate! Got the grand national as well this weekend so two great sporting events to bet on in the next 2 weeks. Everyone of my mates was on Bubba last year, except me and I hated it. I sent him some abuse on twitter after the first few days and he responded, followed by hundreds of his followers and I never lived it down. He even sent me a tweet after he'd won to rub it in, i've loved Bubba ever since even though he gave me dogs abuse.

You seen that picture of Jason Dufner at the charity event where he's in a class room with kids? He's sat there like a little baby, it's sensational. Loads of other golfers have been posting pictures of them doing their impression of him.

I had a £260 return on Marcel Siem this weekend, but i'm a bit cross that I left him out of a double with Dustin Johnson, that'd have been a big e/w win.

I'm investing all monies in The Masters.

My early fancies are Henrik Stenson, who was fearless yesterday and looks to be in superb form. John Merrick at 250/1 is ridiculous given he's finished 6th there before and has a win under his belt already this year. I don't know why but Bill Haas keeps shooting himself in the foot when in a commanding position and I fancy him to be in the mix at Augusta but stay the distance when it really matters.

I'll be backing 5+ players though at nice odds.

This week at the texas open.

Brian Gay 80/1 his at very backable odds this week 3 top 25's in the last 3 years here and his done the business ones for me this year.

Cameran Triangle 33/1 loves the tournament and has been playing well with out the results in a weekend field he comes right in.

Aaron Baddley 60/1 Had a few weeks off which tends to do him good and needs a strong performance to get in to the masters.

This week at the texas open.

Brian Gay 80/1 his at very backable odds this week 3 top 25's in the last 3 years here and his done the business ones for me this year.

Cameran Triangle 33/1 loves the tournament and has been playing well with out the results in a weekend field he comes right in.

Aaron Baddley 60/1 Had a few weeks off which tends to do him good and needs a strong performance to get in to the masters.

I'm on Baddeley too, but my other two are Chris Stroud who is from Texas and is massive at 150/1. He's done fairly well this year and I fancy him to go well on his home turf. Charlie Wi is my other pick at 100/1 he finished in the top 5 here last year and will be looking for a win to get in The Masters and he's more than capable of it, likewise with Badders.

Valero Texas Open Each Ways:

Freddie Jacobson (22/1)- A gritty player who has top 10'd on his last two visits to TPC San Antonio and is having a very solid season. Should be up there this time around.

Jordan Spieth (35/1)- A tour rookie who only turned pro at the beginning of this year and has gained a temporary tour card. Already grabbing the headlines, a 2nd place finish in Puerto-Rico showed he has the game to mix it on tour and being in his home state, would fancy some low rounds from him

Ross Fisher (90/1)- Not coming into the event off the back of great form, but has the kind of driving game needed for San Antonio's tight fairways, plus in his PGA tour rookie season, he cant be far away from a breakout week.

Jordan Spieth looks like he's going to be some player! His short odds put me off him though right now, it was the same with Fowler a few years back. The actual likelyhood of them winning or getting top 5's in their rookie season doesn't compare to the short odds being offered. He should be 66/1+

Right it's arrived, MASTERS week!

Dustin Johnson and Keegan Bradley are my two big bets. I am drawn towards Mickleson as well but 11/1 is a bit skinny but I do have a free £20 from opening a new account last week and I might whack it on the nose on Gready Phil. Woods is no odds for me and I won't mind if he wins as it'll be great for the game.

I've had some small e/w bets on Stenson, Jacobsen, Grace, Merrick, Lawrie and Olesen

I make no apologies for lots of bets, I can't help it!!!!

Would of been better to tell us who you didn't bet on lol

Yeah think Phil will be my main bet he is currently 14/1 at my local, think he may drift after Rory did well.

Can make a case for plenty in the field my next to best Louie O and Keegan. Will no doubt whack a couple of outsider bets on for top 10 finishes as well.

Will post my tips later in the week.