Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Here goes, you could make a case for so many of the players here. Tend to favour

Donald - 17/1 - Won 2 years ago and in my opion has an easy first 2 games in Siem and then the winner of Lawrie or Piercy. Also he seemed to be hitting form last week until his 75 on the final round.

Kaymer - 30/1 - I think his back this year, played well in his only events has played match player in Ryder cup and here well. 2nd and 9th in last 2 years plays Coetzee first round.

Moore - 50/1 - Not confident but playing well might play like he has nothing to lose and can make birdies. Just felt he had a slightly easier draw than a few of the others i likes, Henley, Day and Fraiser.

Fraiser you star, put a first round multi on these 3 all outsiders and all got up. Also took these 3 with Senden but Senden got flogged.

Also Fraiser now just needs to beat Els or Jacobsen to give him self a mathematical chance of making the masters field which would be a great achievement.

Fraiser you star, put a first round multi on these 3 all outsiders and all got up. Also took these 3 with Senden but Senden got flogged.

Also Fraiser now just needs to beat Els or Jacobsen to give him self a mathematical chance of making the masters field which would be a great achievement.

Well done mate!

I'm fairly pleased with my picks after round one. Rose, Watney and Olesen are through. Schwartzel out though along with a few big guns really opens this up now. I fancied him straight from the off but Olesen has a really good chance looking at it now.

Yeah not surprised by Woods losing, been knocked out first round last 3 or 4 years now and Howell has been impressive this year.

Agree pretty open was sweating on Donald was pushed by Siem lead changed a few times and they were even going down the 18th. Kaymer was solid and is a confidence player so hope he grows from that.

Do you know if they are playing 2 matches today or waiting until the Saturday to play catch up?

Kuchar wins the match play. Always good for an EW bet.

Kuchar will again be my big e/w bet for the British Open, it's the best chance he has of winning a major and I think he'll land it one day. He's one of few American golfers that don't irritate me in some way. I'm glad he won as I had a big, big bet on Hunter Mahan last week and he royally fooked me over with a few holes to play and tied for the lead. If he'd have won this week when i'd left him alone, i'd have probably glassed myself.

It's the first week this year that i've not had a return of any sort from my golf bets. Onwards and upwards for this week, i'll start my research at lunch.

Do any you use a belly putter?

It seemed, until last weekend they would almost certainly be banned but now the PGA commissioner has come out in

Favour of them.

It could mean the two of the majors ban them while the others allow them. May finish up like a local rule!

I've tried one without success which is about the same as my normal putting !

Do any you use a belly putter?

It seemed, until last weekend they would almost certainly be banned but now the PGA commissioner has come out in

Favour of them.

It could mean the two of the majors ban them while the others allow them. May finish up like a local rule!

I've tried one without success which is about the same as my normal putting !

Ive tried them before, and to be honest, ive never really got on with them. I think i putt worse with the belly putter!

Id have to say that the PGA tour shouldnt be making decisions to protect their "product". That would be ridiculous i think. Lets have a universal set of rules that the R&A and the USGA agree on and go from there.

For the record, i happen to be AGAINST the ban on anchoring. I think the ban is unworkable, and could just end up leading to a host of problems. I see no reason at all why Kuchar's putting stroke isnt deemed as ''anchoring'' even if no fixed axis point is used for the stroke. Bernhard Langer famously adopted that grip (with a short putter) to relieve his problems with the yips. Im not suggesting Kuchar has ever had putting problems of course, he just cnsiders it an optimal way to putt.

Id also agree with Tim Finchem to be honest. I dont think theres a performance benefit as such to be had. The greatest putters of all time, Tiger, Nicklaus, Crenshaw, Faxon......all used a conventional putter. The belly still isnt foolproof

Tips for this week, tricky week especially in the Honda alot of the top fancies don't seem to be playing that well.

Honda Classic

D.A Points - 200/1

Seung Yul Noh - 120/1

Peter Hanson - 66/1

Tshwane Open

Jeev Milkha Singh - 33/1

Maximillian Kieffer - 66/1

Steve Webster - 23/1

Nearly forgot to put my selections up!

Tshwane Open

Trevor Fisher Jr 2 points e/w @ 28/1

Andy Sullivan 2 points e/w @ 33/1

Jeev Milka Singh 2 points e/w @ 33/1

Honda Classic

Camillo Villegas 1 points e/w @ 125/1

Charles Howell III 1.5 points e/w @ 50/1

Freddie Jacobson 2 points e/w @ 28/1

Ted Potter Jr 1 points e/w @ 80/1

I've small e/w doubles on Milka Singh & Jacobson, and then i've got Howell III, Potter Jr, Colsaerts in to Sullivan, Keith Horne & Fisher Jr

Gone a bit crazy again, haha.

Really like Jeev, started real well now steadied with pars still -4 after 14.

Good stuff! Fitchardt has started killin' it again but hopefully he can't win twice on the spin. I'd absolutely love it if Singh and Jacobson could do the business this week, it'll pay for Thailand again. I've just booked flights for late November.

Playing Wimbledon Common GC on Saturday for the first proper round of golf since I broke my coccyx. I'm still mulling over joining this club, the course looks a great little track but you have to always wear red and cannot play after 2pm on Sundays or at bank holidays. It's to do with the rules of the common itself, however it is only £800 a year and that in London is unheard of. It's usually double that at least on courses down here.

Playing Wimbledon Common GC on Saturday for the first proper round of golf since I broke my coccyx. I'm still mulling over joining this club, the course looks a great little track but you have to always wear red and cannot play after 2pm on Sundays or at bank holidays. It's to do with the rules of the common itself, however it is only £800 a year and that in London is unheard of. It's usually double that at least on courses down here.

That can't be genuine can it? Bloody disgraceful if it is

Played Coombe Hill which is fairly near you Flair. Excellent track but membership's a bit pricey.

Heard good things about Wimbledon but not sure I could bring myself to play in Cardiff colours!

That can't be genuine can it? Bloody disgraceful if it is

Yeah honestly, it's so the common rangers can visibly identify the golfers. Bizarre! Pedestrians have the right of way too, they could have a picnic on the greens and there's nothing the golfers can do about it.

Played Coombe Hill which is fairly near you Flair. Excellent track but membership's a bit pricey.

Heard good things about Wimbledon but not sure I could bring myself to play in Cardiff colours!

Coombe Hill is one of the best, if not the best course in London apparently. Costs a lot of dough, only 2-3 miles from me. I aim to play it this year. You based down here too mate?

Hello Camillo Villegas, where have you been these last few years? Keep it up son

Coombe Hill is one of the best, if not the best course in London apparently. Costs a lot of dough, only 2-3 miles from me. I aim to play it this year. You based down here too mate?

Hello Camillo Villegas, where have you been these last few years? Keep it up son

No, used to and my brother lives Kingston/Surbiton area so I get down there from time to time but secretary at Coombe Hill used to be at the Leicestershire so we got a freebie round there a few years back.