Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

Having staked 20+ points in bets this week, i'm delighted to get out with a decent profit on James Hahn. I had 2 points e/w on him at 90/1 so that's returned 47 points. It could have been so much better had Baddeley not blown up in the 3rd round and got a place, I had him in a e/w double with Coetzee that would have returned another nice profit. Oh well, it's another week with a profit, this one being my most of the year so far. I'm starting to get a good idea of some players at long odds that look like they've got a win in them this season.

Backing a few of the same players i did last week.

African Open:

JBE Kruger - 25/1 - Glutton for punishment, he is a talented but frustrating golfer. Can get himself up the leaderboard in no time but can just as easily throw it away in the space of a couple of holes. Poor field and played the course well in the last few years, has shown can make the birdies just needs consitentcy playing his 3rd week in a row maybe ready.

Jaco Van Zyl - 15/1 - Played well last week but not the best final round but still enough for 11th. Has won on the Sunshine tour 10 times so knows how to win in South Afirca and win in general. Last 2 years his come 4th and 4th at this tournamnet, good form in my book.

Ricardo Santos 17/1 - Rookie of the year last year on the euro tour, been there abouts in stronger fields already this season. Including leading a few times. Think he could go low on the Thursday OR Friday and with out the big names in the field breathing down his neck his less likely to throw it away.

Rarely bet on first round leaders but at 25/1 Ricardo Santos will have a few bucks on him.

Northern Trust:

Jimmy Walker - 35/1 - Staying on him this week apart from a poor 2nd Round and start to the 3rd he was pretty good last week so have no reason to jump off. Course will suit his game well and has come 4th last 2 years. Been in good form this year with 2 top 5's and 2 top 25's from 5 starts. Due a win and hoping it's this week.

Kevin Na - 80/1 - See Kruger above, talented golfer can go low. Playing well with out being able to be consistent, got to tip him as i would kill myself if he won this week and i wasn't on him. Does have a couple of top 10's here the last 3 years that helped sway me.

Ryan Moore - 40/1 - Didn't play last week and over the journey that has helped him. Played well at the Waste Management and is more of a steady golfer than the 2 above.

Will no doubt do a head to head multi later on in the week before they tee off.

Backing a few of the same players i did last week.

African Open:

JBE Kruger - 25/1 - Glutton for punishment, he is a talented but frustrating golfer. Can get himself up the leaderboard in no time but can just as easily throw it away in the space of a couple of holes. Poor field and played the course well in the last few years, has shown can make the birdies just needs consitentcy playing his 3rd week in a row maybe ready.

Jaco Van Zyl - 15/1 - Played well last week but not the best final round but still enough for 11th. Has won on the Sunshine tour 10 times so knows how to win in South Afirca and win in general. Last 2 years his come 4th and 4th at this tournamnet, good form in my book.

Ricardo Santos 17/1 - Rookie of the year last year on the euro tour, been there abouts in stronger fields already this season. Including leading a few times. Think he could go low on the Thursday OR Friday and with out the big names in the field breathing down his neck his less likely to throw it away.

Rarely bet on first round leaders but at 25/1 Ricardo Santos will have a few bucks on him.

Northern Trust:

Jimmy Walker - 35/1 - Staying on him this week apart from a poor 2nd Round and start to the 3rd he was pretty good last week so have no reason to jump off. Course will suit his game well and has come 4th last 2 years. Been in good form this year with 2 top 5's and 2 top 25's from 5 starts. Due a win and hoping it's this week.

Kevin Na - 80/1 - See Kruger above, talented golfer can go low. Playing well with out being able to be consistent, got to tip him as i would kill myself if he won this week and i wasn't on him. Does have a couple of top 10's here the last 3 years that helped sway me.

Ryan Moore - 40/1 - Didn't play last week and over the journey that has helped him. Played well at the Waste Management and is more of a steady golfer than the 2 above.

Some good picks there mate. I'm possibly with you on all those 3 in the Africa Open but because it's such a poor field i'm so tempted to look for value, it's quite easy that an outsider can win this who has slipped under the radar from the bookies. Shaun Norris at 100/1+ is a South African who knows how to compete on his own soil, Andy Sullivan has had a good start to life on tour this year and he's as high as 66/1 this week which bearing in mind he's been lower in better tournaments is scandalous. The sensible thing would be to back plenty of South Africans, i've been on Kruger a few times and as you say he's so frustrating.

I had made my mind up last night and listed my picks on the punters league on facebook but i'm still mulling over tinkering with it.

My Northern Trust picks are:

Hunter Mahan 3 points e/w @ 35/1 - i'm going big on Hunter this week. He often comes in to form early in the season and although he's never done particularly well in this event, he's got good stats on courses of similar style. He played well in patches last week and if his putter is hot then he'll be up there.

Charles Howell III 1 points e/w @ 50/1 - Steady golfer who showed some decent form at the back end of last year and start of this and he has won this event 6 years ago. His recent visits in this event have been patchy but taking his current form, his price and his ability on this course he's worth a punt.

Carl Pettersson 1 points e/w @ 110/1 - I love Sweden. I love Swedish and Scandinavian golfers in general, but this fella often goes un-noticed compared to many others. He's done very well on the PGA Tour over the years and his reluctance to play European Tour events has cost him a place on the Ryder Cup team, which is why he's often forgotten about. He can win, he often starts quickly and i've made plenty of money on him on betfair where I back to lay. He's often good for a 1st round leader bet too. He's had a couple of top ten's at the back end of last year and I fancy him to be amongst it again this week and the coming weeks. Massive hitter of the ball and when that belly putter is on, it's on!

JB Holmes 0.75 points e/w @ 100/1 - Loves this event and course simple as. His current form this year isn't much to write home about but his price warrants a little nibble given his past form here. Likewise Fred Couples but Freddy gets only 1 bet a year from me and that's at The Masters.

Correct Head to Head is the final score, will be posting a 10 leg multi of head to heads just for $10 and hope for some luck for a collect of over $5000.

Carl Peterson and Bo Van Pelt were my 4th and 5th selections, but wanted to wait and see on Carl this week. A little birdie told me about your obsession with Sweden and a subsequent tattoo of yours Flair lol

Correct Head to Head is the final score, will be posting a 10 leg multi of head to heads just for $10 and hope for some luck for a collect of over $5000.

Carl Peterson and Bo Van Pelt were my 4th and 5th selections, but wanted to wait and see on Carl this week. A little birdie told me about your obsession with Sweden and a subsequent tattoo of yours Flair lol

Hahahahahaaa yes mate, it was the culmination of many Swedish fitties thinking I was one of them in Thailand and me getting the tattoo done to try and aid me in nailing a load of them when I was there. I've loved them and the country ever since!!! Hahahaaa

This is just the betting thread golf version lol

Hahahahahahahaaa pretty much!

Although I have just bought a Titleist driver, 3 wood and hybrid for only £75 off some mug on eBay. I could re-list it for double that subject to it not being fake or the absolute pits! I'm hoping it's decent as I need a new fairway wood and i've finally succumbed to a bloody hybrid too.

Anyway back to the betting! I simply cannot believe that the bookies are offering up James Hahn at 100/1 again after his performance at Pebble Beach. I have got to take them on at that price again, I wasn't even aware he was playing. Perhaps they don't, hence the price.

My total bets for this week are as follows:

My Northern Trust:

Hunter Mahan 3 points e/w @ 35/1

Charles Howell III 1 points e/w @ 50/1

James Hahn 1 points e/w @ 100/1

Africa Open:

Andy Sullivan 1 points e/w @ 50/1

Shaun Norris 1 points e/w @ 125/1

I have Webb Simpson, Freddie Jacobsen, Ricardo Santos and Jaco Van Zyl all in some e/w doubles at small stakes. I also have Carl Pettersson and James Morrison in a 1st round leader e/w double and a winner e/w double.

Total points staked = 20

Bank down to: 105.5 points (running 25.5 points in profit before this weeks bets)

PS Stan James are paying 6 places.

Here's my head to head multi, very speculative but oh well.

MICKLESON v Dj

SCHWARTZEL v Scott

WALKER v Hass

MOORE v Badds.com

VAN PELT v Jimmy Furyk

VAN ZYL v Aitken

SANTOS v Fleetwood

KRUGER v Gagli

ANDERSON HED v Fichardt

DRYSDALE v Wattel

HOWELL III V Piercy

Jbe Kruger (Straight @1.83)

Fredrik Andersson Hed (Straight @1.90)

Ricardo Santos (Straight @1.80)

David Drysdale (Straight @1.90)

Jaco Van Zyl (Straight @2.15)

Phil Mickelson (Straight @1.77)

Charl Schwartzel (Straight @1.90)

Bo Van Pelt (Straight @1.90)

Jimmy Walker (Straight @2.00)

Charles Howell (Straight @1.80)

Ryan Moore (Straight @1.90)

• -
  • $10.00
  • $11173.93

Hahahahahaaa yes mate, it was the culmination of many Swedish fitties thinking I was one of them in Thailand and me getting the tattoo done to try and aid me in nailing a load of them when I was there. I've loved them and the country ever since!!! Hahahaaa

Hahaha very extreme way to try and pick up birds....sounds more like something i would do lol

This is just the betting thread golf version lol

Let's face it tho, sitting back watching the gold with a few bets on and a beer in hand is better than bush basing trying to find ya ball you've hooked 100 yards off the fairway from the tee.

Dont know a massive amount about golf betting but watch a bit of golf on tv and play occasionally. anyway i've had £1 e/w on tommy fleetwood at joburg because ive watched him quite a few times and think he looks a decent player.

Good man, punting on it just makes watching it more interesting and the odds are always quiet large due to the nature of golf.

I have no specific players to note but this course is the polar opposite of the one you saw in Phoenix. its a ball strikers course, a strategists course and the grass species that grow around the greens are brutal. Shotmakers will prevail here.

Northern Trust:

Interesting to note Moore has been backed in with most betting firms here and is 30/1 and Na has drifted to 100/1

Also who said Golf is a soft sport.....

A SWEDISH golfer has used a tee to extract venom from her leg after being bitten by a redback spider during a tournament in Canberra.

The Swedish Golf Federation reported on their website how 24-year-old Daniela Holmqvist saw a redback spider on her lower leg and then felt a sharp pain above her left ankle.

Seeing her leg swell up, Holmqvist did not seek medical attention but instead grabbed a golf tee from her bag, pierced her skin and squeezed out as much venom as possible.

"A clear fluid came out," she said. "It wasn't the prettiest thing I've ever done but I had to get as much of it out of me as possible."

The Swedish federation added that, after the incident took place at the fourth hole, an unfazed Holmqvist went on to finish her round with medics monitoring her progress.

She finished the qualifying event for the ISPS Handa Australian Open in Canberra with a round of 74, just two shots shy of qualification.

According to the University of Melbourne, 250 people are treated for redback bites each year but no deaths have been reported since

Edited by SOCCERROO FOX

Interesting to note Moore has been backed in with most betting firms here and is 30/1 and Na has drifted to 100/1

Also who said Golf is a soft sport.....

A SWEDISH golfer has used a tee to extract venom from her leg after being bitten by a redback spider during a tournament in Canberra.

The Swedish Golf Federation reported on their website how 24-year-old Daniela Holmqvist saw a redback spider on her lower leg and then felt a sharp pain above her left ankle.

Seeing her leg swell up, Holmqvist did not seek medical attention but instead grabbed a golf tee from her bag, pierced her skin and squeezed out as much venom as possible.

"A clear fluid came out," she said. "It wasn't the prettiest thing I've ever done but I had to get as much of it out of me as possible."

The Swedish federation added that, after the incident took place at the fourth hole, an unfazed Holmqvist went on to finish her round with medics monitoring her progress.

She finished the qualifying event for the ISPS Handa Australian Open in Canberra with a round of 74, just two shots shy of qualification.

According to the University of Melbourne, 250 people are treated for redback bites each year but no deaths have been reported since

What a warrior! Fit?

Have u been to Zimbabwe? Well i have and u need to steal clubs to play there!

Santos is my best result

Hahahaaa never been mate, I don't really fancy it.

Van Zyl and Santos are doing well for me but I have them in doubles with Webb Simpson and Freddie Jacobsen. Andy Sullivan was doing ok until a treble bogey.

Booked in for Beadle's tomorrow. Stay clear if you're on the course from 1230pm!

FORE!!!

Oh dear tin hat time :)

Could be a bit wet round there buddy. Best thing to do in these kind of conditions is find a heathland course or one thats built on a sand base, courses like Kilworth Springs and Worksop for example never get wet, no matter what the weather brings theyre always bone dry