Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-match and half-time Entertainment

i hate the boys are back in town when they come out first - just pisses me off especially when they are playing bad and the lyrics start with

Guess who just got paid today ......

aaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhh !!!

I do like that little bit of opera - I don't know the name of it but its a little like the champs league music - gets the hairs on the back of my neck going !

Upbeat music pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

There can be a great atmosphere at the Walkers, remember the BrasilvJamaica game the other season it was great before the game.

People leave getting into their seats till the last possible minute at the moment because its so dull

Also keep that announcer away from the microphone for as long as possible please.

• 3 weeks later...
i hate the boys are back in town when they come out first - just pisses me off especially when they are playing bad and the lyrics start with

Guess who just got paid today ......

aaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhh !!!

I do like that little bit of opera - I don't know the name of it but its a little like the champs league music - gets the hairs on the back of my neck going !

143073[/snapback]

does any one actually know the name of that champions league song?

Well the 1st "trial" for pre-match music was ok, but Ok is all its gonna be and I am hoping and expecting the 2nd "trial" to be better i'm probly bias towards the 2nd choice because its more "my type" of music.

As I said the 1st choic was ok but if the 1st choice is picked please get rid of the annoying, cheesy, corny "Carnival de Paris" (Which is the song the play when we scored on Tuesday I think) to be honest I wouldn't say it was upbeat, personally its a "nothing" song just a annoying, cheesy, corny tune which seems to be linked to football for some reason :unsure:

Well the 1st "trial" for pre-match music was ok, but Ok is all its gonna be and I am hoping and expecting the 2nd "trial" to be better i'm probly bias towards the 2nd choice because its more "my type" of music.

As I said the 1st choic was ok but if the 1st choice is picked please get rid of the annoying, cheesy, corny "Carnival de Paris" (Which is the song the play when we scored on Tuesday I think) to be honest I wouldn't say it was upbeat, personally its a "nothing" song just a annoying, cheesy, corny tune which seems to be linked to football for some reason :unsure:

155112[/snapback]

well we have a chant to it so its probably more relevant than any other song they'll play :S

I personally think any music before the match is a bad idea, it just drowns out everyone, nobody can get any songs or atmosphere going people just sit around because it's not worth the effort!

we should be able to create our own atmosphere before the match but to do it people need to hear you!!

I hate talking about the past and Filbert street but we used to create our own atmosphere and nothing and I mean nothing can be any better than that

142974[/snapback]

Ok Jay - how many years ago at Filbo are you talking, the Ready To Go/Robbie mix was certainly pre Filbo Way, so its not just the venue switch

Anyway a challenge for you at the Ipswich game

Music has stopped as we kick off- now make the noise you would have made prior to kick off had there been no music.

If you can get those around you to continue at a high level of noise for say the 1st 10 minutes of play instead, then we will tell the club that's what happened & that they should try no music pre-match at a future game.

Confident????

I think music is needed in the build up. Would be nice if they played the Ramones - Hey ho lets go, i've recommended that for quite some time now ;)

I was at the Oxford pre-season friendly. They had nothing at all, and it was deadly silent. I know it was only a friendly but it's a scary thought! I don't think we could create a decent atmosphere, since moving from Filbert Street it's a lot harder at the Walkers to generate the same amount of sound. But we are improving. Must say it's a whole lot better now Henry's slot has been reduced to just once, i'd prefer a random song to the noise he makes 15 minutes before kickoff though.

I remember going to Wolves a few years ago and they pre match atmosphere they had was fantastic :thumbdown:

I think music is needed in the build up. Would be nice if they played the Ramones - Hey ho lets go, i've recommended that for quite some time now ;)

I was at the Oxford pre-season friendly. They had nothing at all, and it was deadly silent. I know it was only a friendly but it's a scary thought! I don't think we could create a decent atmosphere, since moving from Filbert Street it's a lot harder at the Walkers to generate the same amount of sound. But we are improving. Must say it's a whole lot better now Henry's slot has been reduced to just once, i'd prefer a random song to the noise he makes 15 minutes before kickoff though.

I remember going to Wolves a few years ago and they pre match atmosphere they had was fantastic  :thumbdown:

155200[/snapback]

as much as we laugh at how stupid HI HO WOLVERHAMPTON is it certainly fires up their crowd and team :ph34r:

Ok Jay - how many years ago at Filbo are you talking, the Ready To Go/Robbie mix was certainly pre Filbo Way, so its not just the venue switch

Anyway a challenge for you at the Ipswich game

Music has stopped as we kick off- now make the noise you would have made prior to kick off had there been no music.

If you can get those around you to continue at a high level of noise for say the 1st 10 minutes of play instead, then we will tell the club that's what happened & that they should try no music pre-match at a future game.

Confident????

155195[/snapback]

You can't expect things to change after one game, the club and others have over period of time turned the crowd into performing monkeys that clap when the music starts and can't support without the aid of piped music if it carries on like this we will all be sitting there listening to a selection of 'post goal' music. Lots of songs were created in the past before the game started, when the team was warming up, people now stay away for as long as possible and turn up at the last minute because they don't like all this manipulation.

As for Craig saying get behind the team, protest at bad decisions etc, well all I can say is it's easy for him because he can stand up and jump up and down. Singing while your sitting is shit, that's why most people now just clap.

Archived