Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Lloyd Dyer linked to several Championship teams

Never heard such nonsense. Dyer can disrupt any defence and is so difficult to mark. Why would Pearson through that sort of asset away at this stage and with the guy having already played a fairly significant role in our journey to the top of the table and to the second place we currently occupy? Dyer can still improve - even at his age - but his qualities are priceless including his ability to fit into a squad effectively and without complaint. I fail to understand the constant criticism of him. He's a manager's dream in many ways.

Never heard such nonsense. Dyer can disrupt any defence and is so difficult to mark. Why would Pearson through that sort of asset away at this stage and with the guy having already played a fairly significant role in our journey to the top of the table and to the second place we currently occupy? Dyer can still improve - even at his age - but his qualities are priceless including his ability to fit into a squad effectively and without complaint. I fail to understand the constant criticism of him. He's a manager's dream in many ways.

:scarf: Good post. Couldn't agree more.

He could start by trying to have a competent right foot- being so one-footed is holding him back for me.

Defenders should know he's only going to go one way.

after tonite he aint goin no where cmon foxes ltid blue army

He did nothing against Wolves - except make the blistering overlapping run that helped open up the smallest space for Nugent to take advantage of and win the game. No-one else would have been quick enough to make that run and it exactly emphasised my point. We got three points against Wolves simply because of Dyer's involvement. The defender couldn't ignore him and he couldn't ignore Nugent either. He was snookered as a result and so were Wolves.

Marshall couldn't have made that run cos he wouldn't have been quick enough to get there and put doubt in the defender's mind. In fact Marshall is seriously limited as a destructive influence because he's got no real pace which means that he's quite easily neutralised by good defenders. Few can completely neutralise Dyer. He always poses a threat and if someone would teach him to stay balanced on his shots he'd be still more effective.

Archived