Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Lloyd Dyer linked to several Championship teams

Seriously under-rated. He may not have it all but there are limited player that can just pick up the ball and drive forward to the byliine with relative ease. Replace him with another Marshall-esque type player and we lose another attribute from our team. I actually personally think he's good enough for the Prem.

Dyer is a Pearson player, he has a clear use, function and purpose.

Not a big fan of Lloyd and he wouldn't be in my first 11 but I see the value of him as a squad player. Although his final product is often poor his pace frightens teams to death at times. This can only be a benefit to us in this important run in. Would be mad to let him go at this time

Not a big fan of Lloyd and he wouldn't be in my first 11 but I see the value of him as a squad player. Although his final product is often poor his pace frightens teams to death at times. This can only be a benefit to us in this important run in. Would be mad to let him go at this time

Get out of here! You're not allowed to have an opinion and still be rational :mad::ph34r:

In all honesty none of our wide men have been majorly consistent over the season, so it seems harsh to judge Dyer on that. While he lacks end product he still gives defenders a tough day with his pace and is an added threat. We know Lloyd likes to go into hibernation over the winter months, lets just hope he's back to putting in some of those performances we saw from him earlier in the season.

I think his experience could be valuable to for the rest of the season. There's only really Morgan, Konch and Nuge in the first team who aren't at the beginning of their careers.

I really don't think we'd let him go unless we had a good replacement lined up and the money was right. I'm sure he'd rather not leave, especially to go to one of those clubs named.

As others have said, although his crossing and shooting is lacking most the time, he's got to be one of the fastest, if not the fastest full stop, in the league, and I'm sure tired defenders hate to see his number come up near the end of matches.

Pointless if we've got no-one lined up. I agree we can probably do better but really, you consider all things such as the fact he seems content with being rotated, the fact he's been here years and has fought for his place rather than escaping at the first chance, is it really worth letting him go? He's actually quite a good fit for our squad and I think selling him, unless we're offered decent money for him, is completely pointless and puts us under unnecessary pressure to get a new man in.

He's not a long-term player by any means, if we went up I think he'd probably have to be sold as he's simply not even close to being a PL standard player, even in the squad, but for now he's good enough for me in our squad and although we can do better, I think there's more to consider than his ability and he ticks a lot of the right boxes.

I'm hearing rumours that Nige fancies Nathan Redmond and I don't mean fancy as in take you out for valentines day.

Just looked, still at Birmingham?! Fvcking hell. Not sure though, think he'd be a typically over-priced English youngster and yes whilst he'd be good enough for us in this league, I think we'd have to pay well over the odds.

I think his experience could be valuable to for the rest of the season. There's only really Morgan, Konch and Nuge in the first team who aren't at the beginning of their careers.

I really don't think we'd let him go unless we had a good replacement lined up and the money was right. I'm sure he'd rather not leave, especially to go to one of those clubs named.

As others have said, although his crossing and shooting is lacking most the time, he's got to be one of the fastest, if not the fastest full stop, in the league, and I'm sure tired defenders hate to see his number come up near the end of matches.

Nugents 27 ! Why do people keep referring to him as a seasoned pro ? This imsnt a dig at you specifically but every where he's mentioned it's like he's in his early 30's.

No point in selling him. The guys a decent squad player (not my first choice) who can change a game when up against a cart horse of a right back. I suspect hes on a fair contract and not over paid, hes a dedicated lad who does not mind a spell on the bench and I don't suspect he has a massive market rate, so why risk rocking the boat, leave it till next year when hopefully we have been promoted, then the lad can look to extend his playing career.

One element that is essential to any squad is pace. I cant think of a player that could possibly match Lloyd in that department. Despite his shortfalls, he causes so much mayhem when running at defenders.

Away at Bristol when he came on, his shooting and crossing was awful, but there was always a corner won or a throw won in a dangerous position.

He's not someone you'd build a team around and not one of the first names on the teamsheet, but when he plays, the opposition always stick 2 men on him which if anything, leaves space for others.

Should not sell.

Archived