Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

Small Margins - The width of a post.

Earlier this season, after we lost away at Wolves to two poorly defended goals - a lot was made on here about Pearson, about the team and more prominently taking our chances. With 15 minutes to go or so at Molineux, Waghorn hits the post, and Wolves held on.

Much was the case last night, Ebanks-Blake his the post with 3 or 4 minutes to go. What a turn around in not only the 18 months or so that Pearson has been back, but when the team spirit is right, and players application is right - lady luck seems to shine a bit brighter!

Cardiff. You're next.

Earlier this season, after we lost away at Wolves to two poorly defended goals - a lot was made on here about Pearson, about the team and more prominently taking our chances. With 15 minutes to go or so at Molineux, Waghorn hits the post, and Wolves held on.

Much was the case last night, Ebanks-Blake his the post with 3 or 4 minutes to go. What a turn around in not only the 18 months or so that Pearson has been back, but when the team spirit is right, and players application is right - lady luck seems to shine a bit brighter!

Cardiff. You're next.

Similar in many ways to Blackburn game

Excellent dominating performance, so many chances - officials denying a Vardy goal for offside when he was level - this seemed to herald a run of dominating displays, great play but ultimately many, many missed chances & opposing keepers playing the game of their lives

We know about fine margins more than any other team in the league, I'd wager. I've lost count of the amount of times we've hit the post, or the crossbar, or had shots cleared off the line, or had keepers pulling off world class saves... if a few of those had gone in, we could be in a very different position now.

Reminded me a lot of the game at Molineux actually, in reverse of course, I thought Wolves looked appalling in the first half and put up no sort of a fight but gave it a go second and a lot of the chances were very similar. Not just hitting the post but does anyone remember Nugent putting a header just wide like Ebanks-Blake did last night?

Reminded me a lot of the game at Molineux actually, in reverse of course, I thought Wolves looked appalling in the first half and put up no sort of a fight but gave it a go second and a lot of the chances were very similar. Not just hitting the post but does anyone remember Nugent putting a header just wide like Ebanks-Blake did last night?

Marshall & Wood both miss decent chances.

Archived