Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MGLCFC

Great Starting XI

But do our subs make any impact on games

Apart from Dyer whose pace can alter a game, I'm not convinced we have this great bench that Sky commentators keep referring to. Would like to see NP add two loan signings that can change games and give those starting something to think about rather than thinking that the shirt is theirs for the remainder of the campaign.

They are rarely given time to have an impact...

Nige often doesn't make changes 'til the 70th minute. However, when these subs do come in to the first XI in another game they tend to have an impact.

I think as Wellens pointed out the other day, there is no longer that "I expect to play" mentality now Pearson is in charge...

if one of our strikers got injured i would be bricking it, so no we don't have much depth

We need a winger and another striker on loan

oh, and loan Vardy out

They are rarely given time to have an impact...

Nige often doesn't make changes 'til the 70th minute. However, when these subs do come in to the first XI in another game they tend to have an impact.

I think as Wellens pointed out the other day, there is no longer that "I expect to play" mentality now Pearson is in charge...

if Pearson had bought drinky, nugent and wood on at half time i think we would of won, baffled as to why he waited until the 65th minute

Waghorn was excellent earlier in the season so I'd consider him a decent sub. But otherwise I agree with you, our backup isn't great apart from Dyer, but then him and Marshall tend to swap places on the bench a lot so it's more of a Dyer/Marshall substitute rather than just Dyer. If that made sense. :P

if Pearson had bought drinky, nugent and wood on at half time i think we would of won, baffled as to why he waited until the 65th minute

He always seems to wait too long to make changes. Often has too much faith in the players he starts with. Whether that's a good or a bad thing i don't know to be honest!

wouldn't you when one of our strikers is more likely to score an own goal ?

I stand by what I said. How many other teams have got 3rd choice strikers who will probably get into double figures? Not many.

Besides, when was the last time one of our strikers scored an own goal?

You worry too much.

I stand by what I said. How many other teams have got 3rd choice strikers who will probably get into double figures? Not many.

Besides, when was the last time one of our strikers scored an own goal?

You worry too much.

Who would get into double figures on our bench? lol

He always seems to wait too long to make changes. Often has too much faith in the players he starts with. Whether that's a good or a bad thing i don't know to be honest!

You don't know?

Take a look at the league table - promoted as champions at first time of asking from the third tier, ask Forest & Leeds & others how easy that is. A playoff finish. Then turned a fat, overpopulated & unsustainably mediocre midtable team into automatic promotion contenders.

That should provide a clue as to whether it's a good thing or not.

Archived