Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
when.ur.smiling82

panic over wood says it all

Just reading an interview in the sun. Carrick says they need everyone fit, which equates to two good teams who can alternate, to cope with their 2 game a week run in. Our run in is very similar in volume. We need all players available. Whether the fringe players are good enough remains to be seen.

I certainly don't buy into the vardy isnt good enough bullshite. Waggy was absolutely brilliant beforw Wood came in so i feel for him. Its took 1 game for some fans to jump on his back again, and his chance ob Saturday that was shown on the FLS didn't even look that easy to me.

SSL is a quality player too, regardless of the international standard he plays at. Hes still had to mark world class players and his experience to me is priceless.

I guess what im saying is i think we do have strength in depth but given our run in i don't think it'll be enough

It's only a problem because NP only plays 442, there's loads of options in the squad to accomodate a missing Wood or a missing Nuge.... or a missing anyone. Other formations allow for far more flexibility, look at 4231 with our strongest players

Schmeichel

RDL - Morgan - Keane - Konchesky

James - Drinkwater

Marshall - Knockaert - Dyer

Nugent

From that formation you can swap the players around, playing King in anyone of those 5 midfield positions, Gally can play in any one of the front 3 midfield positions... with the midfield numbers we could even carry Wellens & get away with it better than bringing him in to a 442.

Nugent could be swapped out for Waghorn or Futacs in that position

We could go 4411

Schmeichel

RDL - Morgan - Keane - Konchesky

Marshall - James - Drinkwater - Dyer

Knockaert

Nugent

Again the players can be swapped around with Gally going on either wing or off the front man, Vardy could play off the front man too, his link up play is a good part of his game. Futacs or Waghorn could replace Nuge up top.

Options, options, options.... all whilst benefiting from a tight knit squad which has seen us become the second best side in the division.

The restricting factor is sticking to 442, although again the fluidity with which we play it has brought us a our successes.

It took a while for us to work out how to make 4-4-2 work for us, early season we were far too open and stretched, but once we did work it out we looked, at our best, pretty damn good....... :thumbup:

But you are right, there is no flexibility in that system and if, for whatever reason, we stop pressing and passing then we fall apart pretty quickly and seem unable to do anything about it.

A flexible 4-2-3-1 looks to be a natural fit with our players, as indeed does a 'proper' 4-3-3 but we are so hopeless when we try anything other than our regular 4-4-2 that I can only assume that we have not even tried these out in training...... :dunno:

Where does the comma come in the thread title (I know, it doesn't, but it should) because I read it as...

Panic over, Wood says it all... thinking that Wood had revealed his injury as being not too serious.

Grammar people, it isn't difficult.

Wood is a major loss but I am not in any kind of panic. I just think Futacs should be given a chance. He is the only player that can do what Wood can do; hold the ball up, bring others into play and just generally be a threat to defenders in the air. I just want to see him given a chance over Waghorn and Vardy who cannot do the job Futacs and Wood are able to do.

Wood is a major loss but I am not in any kind of panic. I just think Futacs should be given a chance. He is the only player that can do what Wood can do; hold the ball up, bring others into play and just generally be a threat to defenders in the air. I just want to see him given a chance over Waghorn and Vardy who cannot do the job Futacs and Wood are able to do.

The whole point is he's not a threat in the air at all, people assume because he's a big man he'll be good in the air, but he just isn't.

The whole point is he's not a threat in the air at all, people assume because he's a big man he'll be good in the air, but he just isn't.

But I see him more as a mobile target man though. His ability to hold up the ball is excellent.

But I see him more as a mobile target man though. His ability to hold up the ball is excellent.

Really? Because I've seen no evidence of that whatsoever from any of the games he's played in. He looks okay when the ball's played to him on the deck, but he doesn't seem to have the strength to hold defenders off, or the aerial ability to win the ball from defenders if it's played over the top. For a big man you'd expect these to be his main strengths, he's been a very disappointing signing for me.

Now Chris Wood on the other hand - there's a proper target man.

Really? Because I've seen no evidence of that whatsoever from any of the games he's played in. He looks okay when the ball's played to him on the deck, but he doesn't seem to have the strength to hold defenders off, or the aerial ability to win the ball from defenders if it's played over the top. For a big man you'd expect these to be his main strengths, he's been a very disappointing signing for me.

Now Chris Wood on the other hand - there's a proper target man.

I am talking about Wood!

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez! You should've made that a bit more clear, I thought you were saying Futacs can do what Wood can - he can't. Yeah though, completely agree with all that stuff in reference to Wood.

lol lol

Apologies, I thought you were criticizing Wood for some reason which is why I mentioned his ability to hold up the ball etc

Archived