Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
when.ur.smiling82

panic over wood says it all

Ive had concerns all season about our strentgh in depth and with wood now out for the next few games my concerns are now reality. As soon as we have a few injurys to key players, who do we have to call on...... wellens...waghorn..gallagher.Our squad is not good enough at the moment, we need more options on the bench. Why cant np see it?

Ive had concerns all season about our strentgh in depth and with wood now out for the next few games my concerns are now reality. As soon as we have a few injurys to key players, who do we have to call on...... wellens...waghorn..gallagher.Our squad is not good enough at the moment, we need more options on the bench. Why cant np see it?

Wood's been here about a month, we've been in the top 6 all season, we were top of the league without him at one point. Stop getting your knickers in a twist, yes he's an important player but we're not going to fall apart without him.

You've made the new member's error of criticising NP ..... You'll quickly learn that this is not a forum where you can discuss anything that may be seen as a criticism of the messiah.

I agree. We desperately needed a striker that scores goals, we got him and the whole side clicked, if he's out then the side will stutter ..... If we have an injury up front, at CB, or on the midfield flanks, then we struggle due to a lack of quality cover. the squad is 2-3 players light for me.

Nobody is fvcking panicking apart from a bunch knee jerk numpties on here.

WE ARE SECOND IN THE LEAGUE, WE SLIPPED UP, WE WEREN'T PUNISHED, :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I've got news for you too, we are going to slip up again between now and the end of the season, it is the nature of Football, specifically the championship, and typically for us. Just look at every single shocking result this year in the Championship and the cup, it happens every week, someone turns over a team much higher up in the table, the difference is this is the exception for us this season not the rule.

You've made the new member's error of criticising NP ..... You'll quickly learn that this is not a forum where you can discuss anything that may be seen as a criticism of the messiah.

I agree. We desperately needed a striker that scores goals, we got him and the whole side clicked, if he's out then the side will stutter ..... If we have an injury up front, at CB, or on the midfield flanks, then we struggle due to a lack of quality cover. the squad is 2-3 players light for me.

Stop acting like you're some ****ing renegade, speaking out against the establishment and telling it like it is. You're just a whiny nob.

We've got two potential 20-a-season strikers and you're moaning that we haven't got another one on the bench? Do one.

Stop acting like you're some ****ing renegade, speaking out against the establishment and telling it like it is. You're just a whiny nob.

We've got two potential 20-a-season strikers and you're moaning that we haven't got another one on the bench? Do one.

Thanks - that was exactly my point.

And you're not "the establishment" ... simply a close minded sheep that doesn't accept any alternative viewpoints.

Nobody is fvcking panicking apart from a bunch knee jerk numpties on here.

WE ARE SECOND IN THE LEAGUE, WE SLIPPED UP, WE WEREN'T PUNISHED, :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I've got news for you too, we are going to slip up again between now and the end of the season, it is the nature of Football, specifically the championship, and typically for us. Just look at every single shocking result this year in the Championship and the cup, it happens every week, someone turns over a team much higher up in the table, the difference is this is the exception for us this season not the rule.

All good points - but before wood, everyone and their grandmother knew we needed a goalscorer.So maybe panicking especially before we know the full extent of the injury is premature! But I am personally quite worried - just don't see Waghorn & Vardy powering us to automatic promotion which is a lot more feasible with Wood in the team

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Yeah alright, you keep banging that drum and sticking it to us 'sheep' mate - I'll get behind the boys in the blue shirts instead.

I'll get behind them too .... at the stadium, where it counts ..... and when i'm on a football forum I'll discuss the team and how it could be improved in my opinion.

And referring to yourself as "us" does rather indicate that you view yourself as the "establishment" or part of a herd. I'll have my opinions. You have "yours".

From the title I thought that this was gonna be a thread having a dig at people's knee jerk reactions when in fact its a knee jerk reaction of a thread.

It's only a problem because NP only plays 442, there's loads of options in the squad to accomodate a missing Wood or a missing Nuge.... or a missing anyone. Other formations allow for far more flexibility, look at 4231 with our strongest players

Schmeichel

RDL - Morgan - Keane - Konchesky

James - Drinkwater

Marshall - Knockaert - Dyer

Nugent

From that formation you can swap the players around, playing King in anyone of those 5 midfield positions, Gally can play in any one of the front 3 midfield positions... with the midfield numbers we could even carry Wellens & get away with it better than bringing him in to a 442.

Nugent could be swapped out for Waghorn or Futacs in that position

We could go 4411

Schmeichel

RDL - Morgan - Keane - Konchesky

Marshall - James - Drinkwater - Dyer

Knockaert

Nugent

Again the players can be swapped around with Gally going on either wing or off the front man, Vardy could play off the front man too, his link up play is a good part of his game. Futacs or Waghorn could replace Nuge up top.

Options, options, options.... all whilst benefiting from a tight knit squad which has seen us become the second best side in the division.

The restricting factor is sticking to 442, although again the fluidity with which we play it has brought us a our successes.

First and foremost, he did see it because he signed Wood. Or does that not count as he's now injured?

Secondly, he has to work to a budget. To get players in you need to get players out, if he cannot shift the likes of Wellens, Gallagher etc then they will have to do until he can shift them. He did not put these players on long contracts!

He has been here just over a year, he's already shifted something like 20 players. Do you really think it's reasonable to have expected him to shift almost an entire squads worth of players in that time?

Lastly, we apparently had a really strong squad under Sven with two players for each position. Sadly it turned out to be two shit players in each position and Pearson has had to clean up the mess.

I'm sure with hindsight Pearson would probably have got in two other players over Futacs and Vardy. The the bloke has made some fantastic signings, he isn't going to get them all right!

We've made massive inroads this season already, but it seems like perfection and 7 players as good as those in the starting 11 is the only thing a group of fans will accept.

All good points - but before wood, everyone and their grandmother knew we needed a goalscorer.So maybe panicking especially before we know the full extent of the injury is premature! But I am personally quite worried - just don't see Waghorn & Vardy powering us to automatic promotion which is a lot more feasible with Wood in the team

But it is not Vardy and Waghorn, it is Nugent and A. N. Other, be it Vardy, Waghorn, Futacs, Knocky, Marshall, emergency loan, as already said we have options, yes Nugent and Wood is the best of those options, but we do have options and of those players I have mentioned they have about 20 goals between them, it wasn't because of the goals that we didn't score that we lost to Posh, it was because of the 2 goals they scored.

Archived