Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattGamble92

Waggy and Vardy

lol it's better than yours! As a striker full who is apparently full of energy. He should be the kind of player coming off the bench and making a impact when everyone else is tired, but he's incapable of doing it. As a sub you have a massive advantage over the other players on the pitch as your fresh, this is why if you look at GPM ratio's and who is near the top you will see names like Hernandez and Ballotelli and probably OGS. This is why every footballing media company look at goals per apperance. Instead of arguing with me why don't you tell them that they're doing it "wrong, wrong, WRONG" see what response they give you (a very similar one to me I'm guessing)

I'd understand if Waghorn was regularly bought on for the last few minutes but he normally gets at least 15 minutes.

And I understand there are number of reasons to take a player off, in Waghorns case though, it's usually the reason I mentioned!

So you are expecting Waghorn to be like Chicharito, :crylaugh: (I know you don't but I am deliberately taking what you say out of context, annoying isn't it).

Waghorn is not a poacher like Chicharito, he is not a "fox in thebox", I wish he was, but that is not his game, and I wouldn't use him as an impact sub to get us a goal when we are losing, which is why he didn't come on against Huddersfield, and didn't have much impact against Posh.

Personally I would bring on Waghorn when we are holding on to a slim lead, he pressurises high up the pitch, and can hold the ball up, he will often filter out wide and protect the full backs and drop back.

Or you start him, when he had a spell in the first team in November - December, he started 7 games, scored 2 got 3 assists, and we only lost once in that time, and he was widely praised for his performances.

As for the stats being wrong, good websites will normally include subs appearances within the stats, such as Sky sports as 9(12) or the BBC which will show it as 21 appearances (9 as a sub) because it is relevant and it does give a more accurate picture (but it is not quantifiable). Whereas Wikipedia just gives a brief summary, as it is not a sports stats website, and the Leicester OS is just shite.

So again you are WRONG!!!

So you are expecting Waghorn to be like Chicharito, :crylaugh: (I know you don't but I am deliberately taking what you say out of context, annoying isn't it).

Waghorn is not a poacher like Chicharito, he is not a "fox in thebox", I wish he was, but that is not his game, and I wouldn't use him as an impact sub to get us a goal when we are losing, which is why he didn't come on against Huddersfield, and didn't have much impact against Posh.

Personally I would bring on Waghorn when we are holding on to a slim lead, he pressurises high up the pitch, and can hold the ball up, he will often filter out wide and protect the full backs and drop back.

Or you start him, when he had a spell in the first team in November - December, he started 7 games, scored 2 got 3 assists, and we only lost once in that time, and he was widely praised for his performances.

As for the stats being wrong, good websites will normally include subs appearances within the stats, such as Sky sports as 9(12) or the BBC which will show it as 21 appearances (9 as a sub) because it is relevant and it does give a more accurate picture (but it is not quantifiable). Whereas Wikipedia just gives a brief summary, as it is not a sports stats website, and the Leicester OS is just shite.

So again you are WRONG!!!

Not at all I do expect Waghorn to score if he's going to come on so you're not really taking out of context at all.

So your putting on a striker to defend now, lol priceless. I actually do wonder if you watch football sometimes your opinions are that bizare.

He did, breifly, have a couple of decent games, but if you think he played well in all of those 7 you are gravely mistaken he cost us points missing good chances where as his goals didn't gain us anything and were against poor and already completley defeated and demorilised teams, this is what I mean about scekwed stats if he had played more games things like that would come out in the wash but as he made so few it makes him look better than he is. Apart from one goal against Derby .

Exactly you numpty, 21 (9) Apperances, sub apperances, doesn't have a big * with the number of ****ing minutes played after it does it???

You can keep saying I'm wrong in capital letters all you want, it doesn't mean I am lol.

I'm pretty sure the last couple of games that waghorn has come on we've gone on to concede goals almost immediately. If we were protecting an important lead in a big game and we brought him on I think I would be sick. He would be a decent workhorse striker for a team batting in the rello's in league one. He's not a top half championship striker. Let it go.

I'm pretty sure the last couple of games that waghorn has come on we've gone on to concede goals almost immediately. If we were protecting an important lead in a big game and we brought him on I think I would be sick. He would be a decent workhorse striker for a team batting in the rello's in league one. He's not a top half championship striker. Let it go.

Yeah but what about all those other games when he's come on and single handidly seen out the game by chasing down the back four.............

Oh wait.

Not at all I do expect Waghorn to score if he's going to come on so you're not really taking out of context at all.

So your putting on a striker to defend now, lol priceless. I actually do wonder if you watch football sometimes your opinions are that bizare.

He did, breifly, have a couple of decent games, but if you think he played well in all of those 7 you are gravely mistaken he cost us points missing good chances where as his goals didn't gain us anything and were against poor and already completley defeated and demorilised teams, this is what I mean about scekwed stats if he had played more games things like that would come out in the wash but as he made so few it makes him look better than he is. Apart from one goal against Derby .

Exactly you numpty, 21 (9) Apperances, sub apperances, doesn't have a big * with the number of ****ing minutes played after it does it???

You can keep saying I'm wrong in capital letters all you want, it doesn't mean I am lol.

You are wrong because you said other sites don't count stats like that, they do, I've just shown you, no not all go into the level of detail as per minutes, but the dedicated stats site I refer to does, because it is more accurate as an appearance, or a sub appearance is an inconsistent period of time, it does worry me that you said you work with statistics. You want to say he has scored in 3 in 9(12) this season, I have no problem with that, but you can see the difference between that and saying he scored 3 in 21 this season?

As for always conceding as soon as Waghorn comes on, Peterborough was the first game this season that we have conceded in the last 10-15 minutes, yes that was more or less straight after Waghorn came on, but surely even you don't blame him for that.

You are wrong because you said other sites don't count stats like that, they do, I've just shown you, no not all go into the level of detail as per minutes, but the dedicated stats site I refer to does, because it is more accurate as an appearance, or a sub appearance is an inconsistent period of time, it does worry me that you said you work with statistics. You want to say he has scored in 3 in 9(12) this season, I have no problem with that, but you can see the difference between that and saying he scored 3 in 21 this season?

As for always conceding as soon as Waghorn comes on, Peterborough was the first game this season that we have conceded in the last 10-15 minutes, yes that was more or less straight after Waghorn came on, but surely even you don't blame him for that.

No I said they did it by apperances not minutes, which they do, so I'm right. I didn't say all the apperances were clumped together and not seperated into starts and sub apperances did I?

Exactly how it would roll off the tongue of any football fan correct, 3 in 21, you'd probably mention a lot of them have been as sub as an after thought as you've got to make an impact as a sub it's not an excuse for being poor. Nugent and Wood have required about 3 or 4 sub apperances between them to produce 3 goals. Simple when you've got a bit of quality

Archived