Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattGamble92

Waggy and Vardy

Sorry, should I change my opinion every time the topic is brought up, just to keep you entertained?

Although I've never used the woodwork stats to defend him, I just think you're wrong to use it to criticise him.

Plus you know 15 in 48 (1 goals in every 3.2 starts) really isn't that bad for our third choice striker, which is really what I'm using to defend him.

lol

You just HAD TO didn't ya...

:trumpet:

Vardy is not good enough for Leicester and needs to leave ASAP - end of.

Waggy CAN be good enough, but only after a run of a few games in the team when he has his tail up. Verdict - too fragile mentally, and of no use as a back-up striker.

Get rid of both, I say.

Whatever you say Nige.

Sorry, should I change my opinion every time the topic is brought up, just to keep you entertained?

Although I've never used the woodwork stats to defend him, I just think you're wrong to use it to criticise him.

Plus you know 15 in 48 (1 goals in every 3.2 starts) really isn't that bad for our third choice striker, which is really what I'm using to defend him.

Waggy is 4th choice.

Should be 3rd choice.

On the basis of? Did you not see him sky that sitter from 6 yards v Peterborough? What did he do v Huddersfield at home? Nothing.

Vardy at least tested the keeper v Peterborough and hit the outside of the post v Huddersfield. He brings more to the team than Waghorn does.

On the basis of?

Waghorn's better track record in terms of goals scored. Better all round performances (Down to personal opinion, but I think he's put in better performances than Vardy has for us). Age (He's got more time to improve).

I wonder if when Waggy retires from football and is sat with his grandkids telling them about his career, his supporters will have thought of a compelling statistical way to prove that a striker that can't hit a barn door with a banjo was prolific??

Waghorn's better track record in terms of goals scored. Better all round performances (Down to personal opinion, but I think he's put in better performances than Vardy has for us). Age (He's got more time to improve).

Well you can only compare them on this season otherwise I think you're being unfair.

Age is irrelevant with these two because experience in league football is greater for the younger one - so yu could argue that Waghorn should have improved with the better coaching he's had for more years .... and that Vardy is like an 18 yr old experience wise.

Although I've enjoyed this season and the position we find ourselves in, I think had we had another average mid table season then Vardy would have found his feet better. The pressure and expectations that have grown since the Thais have come in don't seem to have allowed younger and unproven players to bed in and learn their trade at this level.

I thought Vardy looked ok @ the beginning of the season but some bad luck and some snatched opportunitys have added to the pressure on him.

A loan may do him good but I've still got faith that Pearson saw something in him that may still come good.

Waggys just been injured , showed form, had an op and has struggled since.

A couple of good loans cold set us up nicely.

Well you can only compare them on this season otherwise I think you're being unfair.

Vardy

Starts: 17

Substitute Appearances: 6

Goals: 4

Waghorn

Starts: 9

Substitute Appearances: 12

Goals: 3

Vardy

Starts: 17

Substitute Appearances: 6

Goals: 4

Waghorn

Starts: 9

Substitute Appearances: 12

Goals: 3

So Vardy is justifiably 3rd choice with more goals. Albeit having took part in 2 more games.

You're funny Bert.

I'll bet Waghorn has had more shots this season. And missed more sitters than Vardy. Birmingham away and P'boro away come to mind, as well as hitting the post when clear through on goal v Wolves.

I'll bet Waghorn has had more shots this season. And missed more sitters than Vardy. Birmingham away and P'boro away come to mind, as well as hitting the post when clear through on goal v Wolves.

What does how many shots he's had matter? Vardy has had more time on the pitch and if he doesn't get into a position to get those chances then he shouldn't be ahead of Waghorn. You said we could only compare their records this season, well Waghorn has a better record than Vardy this season when it comes to goals per minutes on the pitch. End of.

What does how many shots he's had matter? Vardy has had more time on the pitch and if he doesn't get into a position to get those chances then he shouldn't be ahead of Waghorn. You said we could only compare their records this season, well Waghorn has a better record than Vardy this season when it comes to goals per minutes. End of.

Yeah but Vardy has scored more goals. End of. Keep altering things to suit your argument, but it's pathetic. Goals per minute is a desperate way to make Waggy look better. Vardy's not often in the positions as he's working hard for the team. But at least he tests the keeper. Unlike sky high Waghorn. We could be 5 points better off if Waghorn could've hit the target in the 3 games mentioned.

Yeah but Vardy has scored more goals. End of. Keep altering things to suit your argument, but it's pathetic. Goals per minute is a desperate way to make Waggy look better. Vardy's not often in the positions as he's working hard for the team. But at least he tests the keeper. Unlike sky high Waghorn. We could be 5 points better off if Waghorn could've hit the target in the 3 games mentioned.

No, we're not talking about three games. There has been, this season, more chance of Waghorn scoring when he's on the pitch than there has been of Vardy scoring when he's on the pitch. There's no denying that Bert, you're just going to have to face it. It's a fact, not an opinion.

We would be top and still in the cup if all of our strikers put away all of their gilt edge chances, including Nugent, this season.

Strikers miss chances, it's a fact of football, and we can take every striker and list all of their misses, but it doesn't prove anything. Comparing their recent performances is also not proving anything as vardy has had more time on the pitch recently than waghorn.

In my opinion there isn't much to choose between our second string strike force, but futacs has had a start, vardy has had a start, so waghorn deserves a start if Wood isn't fit, give him a chance to prove his worth.

Archived