Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Who ate all the pies?

Chants for Inter

why isnt it worth it? its always good to have a nice atmosphere, and nothing better than to abuse the opposition / away fans (if they have any) to get the atmosphere up in the stadium which is what we really want at the walkers next season.

why isnt it worth it? its always good to have a nice atmosphere, and nothing better than to abuse the opposition / away fans (if they have any) to get the atmosphere up in the stadium which is what we really want at the walkers next season.

143340[/snapback]

1. Because joking about bombing seems to me a little tasteless.

2. It's not likely that there will be hoardes of travelling supporters, and anyone who does come down to support Inter will most likely residing in this country, so you're not winding anyone up.

3. Banter yes, abuse no.

4. Having a pop at the players can be funny, but if most of them don't speak English, it's a bit of a wasted effort.

5. I would rather the atmosphere was there to support and encourage City, not to try and goad the opposition which quite often is counter-productve.

who was joking about a bombing?

143374[/snapback]

I think Lisa was reffering to;

Fans should blow up their empty crisp packets and pop them. Following the resultant BANG we should all indulge in a chorus or two of " Runa runa runaway, runaway runaway "

143309[/snapback]

This creating the sound of bombs?! Or giving the effect of scaring them, e.t.c...

Although "poping" of crisp bags wouldn't sound anything like a bomb it would be the intention...

I was thinking of what we could sing at the match...anyone like "Are you sure you should be here?" to the tune of "Who the focking hell are you?"

Does anyone think there will be away fans?

143296[/snapback]

We could sing, "dooo the terrorists know your here"

If theres any of their fans coming, they`ll know what its like to fly ;)

Are you the terrosist's in disguise

are you the terrosist's in disguise,

repeat

whats that old song with boom boom in the title?

feck the iti ba@@@@ds you have really pi@@'d me off, for doing this. My heart says stuff it but my head says go to give them as much friggin stick as i can. They had this planned all along as their 1st team are playing in the rearranged matches. Can i sue them for messing me about??Got a 2 hour drive in rush hour if i go to work now, instead of working late. At least i know im going to sheffield and it starts early, that wont be on/off for sure.

COME ON YOU LEICESTER..............

repeat

143482[/snapback]

:D very funny, i like that. I guess they`ll show up with flares (remember their derby game with AC in the CL?), once lit, THAT would be a good time to sing the above.

Im rubbing my hands

Disgusting, i'll be totally embarassed if there's any chants associated with terrorism.

By all means mock them for not wanting to come over, but it's hardly sensible chanting things such as "Are you terrorists in disguise", and that bang thing, don't forget what's happened in this country within the last 2 weeks or so.

How would you feel if Leicester had been subjected to a terrorist attack, or you'd lost friends or family in an attack? Would you still want to laugh, joke and sing about terrorism then?

I think not, i don't want to sound parental or nothing, but grow up. A hell of a lot of media attention will be on our game tomorrow because of Inters chopping and changing, let's not place ourselves in hot water.

repeat

143482[/snapback]

:D very funny, i like that. I guess they`ll show up with flares (remember their derby game with AC in the CL?), once lit, THAT would be a good time to sing the above.

Im rubbing my hands

143521[/snapback]

Interesting comparison that. Champions League knock-out stage match with sworn local rivals.... and a pre-season jolly to some English backwater 2nd divison team. No doubt the Ultras will be out in force. ;)

Disgusting, i'll be totally embarassed if there's any chants associated with terrorism.

By all means mock them for not wanting to come over, but it's hardly sensible chanting things such as "Are you terrorists in disguise", and that bang thing, don't forget what's happened in this country within the last 2 weeks or so.

How would you feel if Leicester had been subjected to a terrorist attack, or you'd lost friends or family in an attack? Would you still want to laugh, joke and sing about terrorism then?

I think not, i don't want to sound parental or nothing, but grow up. A hell of a lot of media attention will be on our game tomorrow because of Inters chopping and changing, let's not place ourselves in hot water.

143528[/snapback]

:thumbup::thumbup:

143528[/snapback]

:thumbup::thumbup:

143532[/snapback]

Well said Craig. :thumbup:

Had you not realised that the comments were intended as a JOKE with reference to the crisp packet. Or perhaps we should arrest anyone who does this to be politically correct ? While we're at it, let's clamp down on any driver's who's car backfires.

I suggest that my humourous suggestion may have "angered" some people, for which I humbly apologise, but rather than just me being told to grow up, perhaps we all should deal with what is happening with just a modicum of humour.

Had you not realised that the comments were intended as a JOKE with reference to the crisp packet. Or perhaps we should arrest anyone who does this to be politically correct ? While we're at it, let's clamp down on any driver's who's car backfires.

I suggest that my humourous suggestion may have "angered" some people, for which I humbly apologise, but rather than just me being told to grow up, perhaps we all should deal with what is happening with just a modicum of humour.

143568[/snapback]

I'm sure anyone who was involved, or lost friends or family were laughing hysterically at your suggestion.

Hey calm down there everyone...I think the terrorist stuff was going too far and wasn't "in the best possible taste".

Still I thought a couple of chants to stress how stupid the situation has been was well justified.

By taking the piss out of them we arejust treating them the same as we would any other team they have just given us more ammo!

What started at the inocuous point of what to sing, has moved onto a full political debate, with us ripping each other apart. I think this is another way that the terrorists win. Humour is one of the ways human beings deal with death and disaster and I for one thought that Solihulls comment was funny. This does not mean that I or anyone else feel anything but total sympathy for the relatives of victims of terrorism. Lets move on. :(

Archived