Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jay

Inter send a squad of reserves

Goalkepers: Julio Cesar, Bindi, Ciceri

Defenders: Favalli, Materazzi, Mihajlovic, Zé Maria , Wome, Arrieta, Bonucci, Giani, Fautario

Midfielders: Stankovic, Karagounis, Pizarro, Solari, Belaid, Maa Boumsong, Semenzato

Strikers: Choutos, Momentè, Martins

Some BIG names missing from that to be fair

I can only sympathise Pompey, I just don't feel motivated to go now after the whole fiasco that this has been. I will end up going but only to see the new players. I've lost a lot of respect for Inter after this, I mean why would they only send over the reserves? Its the first team they need to get fit.

Seems like the two ministers of sport had a little rencontre in which the Italian buddy gave in in the end. Letting mostly reserves play makes me think. Maybe it is a sort of a minor "punishment" for us?

They were under enormeous pressure from the public and decided to fulfill their promises rather than face high compensation claims from all involved British clubs... :ermm:

Still leaves a negative picture of Inter behind... :mellow:

From the outset, I was a bit unsure whether they would send Adriano and Co., but surely all this faffing about between time has only ensured to them what they were going to do in the first place.

Like has been said before, I am dissapointed, but still there is a few players included in that squad like Martins e.t.c that will still be nice to see.

:smile: ( who else thinks that smiley is underrated)

Goalkepers: Julio Cesar, Bindi, Ciceri

Defenders: Favalli, Materazzi, Mihajlovic, Zé Maria , Wome, Arrieta, Bonucci, Giani, Fautario

Midfielders: Stankovic, Karagounis, Pizarro, Solari, Belaid, Maa Boumsong, Semenzato

Strikers: Choutos, Momentè, Martins

Some BIG names missing from that to be fair

143359[/snapback]

21 players for 4 games in 7 days, hmm?

On one hand, it does take away some of the "glamor," but if this is a good chance for some bench players to impress Mancini and perhaps win a spot in the starting 11, then I can't really get too pissed off. It's still a decent team that's certainly better than Leicester City.

Leicester boss Craig Levein is looking forward to an exacting challenge against Inter Milan on Monday night as the Foxes build up to the new season.

"It will be a different type of game and I'm looking for an improvement in the level of fitness," Levein said.

"I would expect Inter Milan to play a continental style, keep possession of the ball and make us work quite hard.

"So from that point of view, with a regard to fitness, I am sure it will help us."

The match is the first outing in a four-match tour for the Serie A outfit, with games at Crystal Palace, Norwich and Portsmouth to follow.

Inter had cancelled the tour because of safety fears in the wake of the London bombings before deciding to travel after all having cleared up the "misunderstanding"

"There was some confusion, they wanted to make sure the conditions on both sides were correct. They wanted to check the feasibility," explained Signor Giancarlo Aragona, the Italian ambassador in London.

Roberto Mancini's Nerazzurri squad includes regular starters Obafemi Martins, Marco Materazzi, Sinisa Mihajlovic and Dejan Stankovic.

Almost half the 22-man squad consists of players from Inter's developmental squad, although Brazil forward Adriano and Inter captain Javier Zanetti may join the tour later.

Source

Archived