Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

2011/12 Financials

But unless they qualify the audit report then they must have got some serious plans to back the clubs for the foreseeable future I.e next 12 months. I know qualification isn't the be all and end all but it's a good indicator.

I'm an accountant aswell but don't work in audit anymore hence a bit out of touch with the qualification side of things

They're not going to be qualified if they're being released tomorrow. There'd be months of wrangling or even a change of auditor before the club agreed to release qualified accounts.

These wont tell us anything new other than the latest debt levels.

Is this really Svens fault though?

If someone gave you a shit load of money to go out and spend, wouldn't you? He wasn't gonna turn around and say no I don't want no money, was he?

Its his fault for spending it on shit players though

Our owners aren't particularly wealthy, certainly not compared to some owners in the Championship... they just seem to have naively thrown it around.

Questions will be answered imminently,

but in answer to your earlier question... FFP sets limits to what owners can loan it's just whether dubious sponsorship deals with King Power enable us to be loaned more money by them increasing our income through increasing their sponsorship.

Because of that era are we in danger of FFP sanctions? Is the only salient point.

We can't do anything about anything else and we shouldn't be too concerned either, the Thai's will be happy earning their 8% & as long as there's improvement on the pitch they'll keep repeating their mantra of "wanting to be in the Premier League, but no pressure"

and the future looks better than this extravagant, wasteful & poor value past too, especially as we've got a football manager rather than a charlatan in charge now.

That is... As long as the fans don't let the moronic part of their brains speak for them should we not make it.

FFP Level of allowed losses for the 2011/12 season is £8 million, so as we expected (based on figures already revealed in the commentary section of the prior year accounts) this is way beyond that level, so would mean we fail FFP targets for the 1st transitional period, where no sanctions applied

The level of money invested will also be an interesting figure to review, altho investment in the training ground which was significant during the accounting period will be discounted from FFP

God knows how so many had so much affection for Sven

Lets be fair though, how great was it picking up national newspapers to see us on the back page linked to David Beckham and Thierry Henry?

Whilst I can finally bring myself to admit he may not have been a great manager at championship level and financially unsustainable, he was and always will be one silky smooth b*stard and I'll always be grateful for the excitement of that summer transfer window. God bless you Sven.

And our accounts would be even worse with signings like that.

It might've been different and exciting (debatable) but give me a steady, level-headed manager who is improving our squad in key areas, playing in the main very attractive football without breaking several banks.

If someone gave you a shit load of money to go out and spend, wouldn't you? He wasn't gonna turn around and say no I don't want no money, was he?

But who would convince the owners to pay a £1 million loan fee as well as wages?

Who would convince the owners to release wage funds to sign Michael Ball?

Sven wasted a vast amount of money. You're looking at £10m plus, minimum for the transfers of Mills and Beckford and their wages alone for that year.

Then you've got the other signings and the current staff that we had in the books, with what money coming in?

Some of the players contracts are easily premiership wages - something that means we'll always be running a loss at until we get there.

Sanctioning the kind of money he did on bang average players and producing absolutely no team spirit? Absolutely Sven's fault. He should've won the title with the money he spent.

Archived