Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

2011/12 Financials

I predicted our debts to be at around 80million. See how close I get.

Stringer has got some front (Sven's summer trolley dash) - He's was one of the ones wanking over it and broadcasting how great it was for the football club.

God knows how so many had so much affection for Sven for so long. And the Board let him do it!!

lol

Imagine what he'd have done in the January if he wasn't sacked & when Pearson ended up signing Drinkwater & Marshall laying the foundations for this season.

We'd probably have had 80 players in total costing god knows how much including a few £1m loan fee + £40k week loan deals in.

Cue mass panic like last year, this is a journalists dream. Lets spout off the headline figures before even looking at them in detail.

Forget about the accounts, no one can really comment on them unless they have a handle on the financials and I very much doubt Ian Stringer does.

Shame because there were people last year who thought we were going bust lol. If the audit report is qualified then we should worry, or if there is a ceiling to which the owners are financially going to lend us. Will they put it in the accounts in any of the notes? Not a chance but it will be in their head.

Will be massive losses no doubt but I'm not worried in the slightest

Imagine what he'd have done in the January if he wasn't sacked & when Pearson ended up signing Drinkwater & Marshall laying the foundations for this season.

We'd probably have had 80 players in total costing god knows how much including a few £1m loan fee + £40k week loan deals in.

Dont forget Westley Morgan either!

Cue mass panic like last year, this is a journalists dream. Lets spout off the headline figures before even looking at them in detail.

Forget about the accounts, no one can really comment on them unless they have a handle on the financials and I very much doubt Ian Stringer does.

Shame because there were people last year who thought we were going bust lol. If the audit report is qualified then we should worry, or if there is a ceiling to which the owners are financially going to lend us. Will they put it in the accounts in any of the notes? Not a chance but it will be in their head.

Will be massive losses no doubt but I'm not worried in the slightest

You sound like a Portsmouth fan from 2008 laughing at everyone who dared question their financial situation after the FA Cup win.

You should like a Portsmouth fan from 2008 laughing at everyone who dared question their financial situation after the FA Cup win.

Complete bollocks, have a look at the sky revenue compared to then and now.

Secondly no football club is identical to the other. Look at the state of Portsmouth and their ground, it was never ever sustainable. Plus did their owners have the same wealth profile as ours? Too many questions and a lot of bullshit

Secondly no football club is identical to the other. Look at the state of Portsmouth and their ground, it was never ever sustainable. Plus did their owners have the same wealth profile as ours? Too many questions and a lot of bullshit

Yes they were bringing in far more than we were in terms of revenue (I suppose I've forgot it's our divine right to pay this off by gaining our Premiership place soon) Pompey's ground had nothing to do with it, their gate receipts would have been higher than ours being in a higher division with a few less thousand.

I'm glad you have trust in the owners, but no one can argue in a million years that the debt that has been racked up here should ever have been allowed to happen. No football club should run the risk of extinction should the Sugar Daddy in charge run away.

Our owners aren't particularly wealthy, certainly not compared to some owners in the Championship... they just seem to have naively thrown it around.

Questions will be answered imminently,

but in answer to your earlier question... FFP sets limits to what owners can loan it's just whether dubious sponsorship deals with King Power enable us to be loaned more money by them increasing our income through increasing their sponsorship.

Because of that era are we in danger of FFP sanctions? Is the only salient point.

We can't do anything about anything else and we shouldn't be too concerned either, the Thai's will be happy earning their 8% & as long as there's improvement on the pitch they'll keep repeating their mantra of "wanting to be in the Premier League, but no pressure"

and the future looks better than this extravagant, wasteful & poor value past too, especially as we've got a football manager rather than a charlatan in charge now.

That is... As long as the fans don't let the moronic part of their brains speak for them should we not make it.

Yes they were bringing in far more than we were in terms of revenue (I suppose I've forgot it's our divine right to pay this off by gaining our Premiership place soon) Pompey's ground had nothing to do with it, their gate receipts would have been higher than ours being in a higher division with a few less thousand.

I'm glad you have trust in the owners, but no one can argue in a million years that the debt that has been racked up here should ever have been allowed to happen. No football club should run the risk of extinction should the Sugar Daddy in charge run away.

Any evidence the Thai's are going to run away? It would be financial nonse to do so. It's like investing in something then turning round and saying actually stick it. We're not talking about a few hundred quid here. The after effects on the king power brand should they get shy? Massive

Their only way out is to sell up to someone else if they wanted out and take a decent hit on their investment. There is existence of acquisitions and mergers in this country and I don't think I've ever seen anyone walk away from a business without moving it on and squeezing every last bean out of it.

These guys ain't stupid, all this panic that will be on here tomorrow will be so OTT and cringy I can picture it now.

Difference being was that we actually HAD a sugar-daddy. Pompey had bull*hit, lies and nothing that ever actually materialised. Let's not lose our heads quite yet...

Any evidence the Thai's are going to run away? It would be financial nonse to do so. It's like investing in something then turning round and saying actually stick it. We're not talking about a few hundred quid here. The after effects on the king power brand should they get shy? Massive

Their only way out is to sell up to someone else if they wanted out and take a decent hit on their investment. There is existence of acquisitions and mergers in this country and I don't think I've ever seen anyone walk away from a business without moving it on and squeezing every last bean out of it.

These guys ain't stupid, all this panic that will be on here tomorrow will be so OTT and cringy I can picture it now.

Are you really saying Championship football clubs should be allowed to run up substantial debts based on the fact 'the owners might not run away'?

What after-effects on the King Power brand? Are you being obtuse? They have a monopoly on duty free at Bangkok airport, you really think people flying through there from all across the World will refuse to buy something on the basis a 2nd division football club in England went bust because of them?

Are you really saying Championship football clubs should be allowed to run up substantial debts based on the fact 'the owners might not run away'?

What after-effects on the King Power brand? Are you being obtuse? They have a monopoly on duty free at Bangkok airport, you really think people flying through there from all across the World will refuse to buy something on the basis a 2nd division football club in England went bust because of them?

Ok you can spend time worrying yourself.

I'm not saying they should be "allowed" but unless I'm mistake the owners are running up debt on themselves considering they are shareholders, and I'm also not naive enough to think they couldn't get the administrators in and also walk away without personally bankrupting themselves.

Everyine does thinks they are allowed to do but that's the way the world is mate, it is a unique industry where pretty much Everton are one of the last big clubs without a sugar daddy.

Not saying its right but no need for people to almost hang themselves like they were last year.

Ok you can spend time worrying yourself.

I'm not saying they should be "allowed" but unless I'm mistake the owners are running up debt on themselves considering they are shareholders, and I'm also not naive enough to think they couldn't get the administrators in and also walk away without personally bankrupting themselves.

Everyine does thinks they are allowed to do but that's the way the world is mate, it is a unique industry where pretty much Everton are one of the last big clubs without a sugar daddy.

Not saying its right but no need for people to almost hang themselves like they were last year.

It's the accountant in me, when you see stuff like I did last year you do worry.

They could walk away without bankrupting themselves yes, that's why the company loaning the money is ASI or whatever the other they have involved is, completely separate entity to whatever King Power Group would fall under. Same as the Glazers did with Red Football Inc. (though in reality they took a huge gamble and it paid off)

Everton, Arsenal, Swansea, Stoke, Tottenham, Man Utd (now) Aston Villa, West Brom, Reading, Wigan, Norwich all run there football clubs with a balance of spending budget to resources that won't endanger themselves. It's not as rare as people think.

It's the accountant in me, when you see stuff like I did last year you do worry.

They could walk away without bankrupting themselves yes, that's why the company loaning the money is ASI or whatever the other they have involved is, completely separate entity to whatever King Power Group would fall under. Same as the Glazers did with Red Football Inc. (though in reality they took a huge gamble and it paid off)

Everton, Arsenal, Swansea, Stoke, Tottenham, Man Utd (now) Aston Villa, West Brom, Reading, Wigan, Norwich all run there football clubs with a balance of spending budget to resources that won't endanger themselves. It's not as rare as people think.

But unless they qualify the audit report then they must have got some serious plans to back the clubs for the foreseeable future I.e next 12 months. I know qualification isn't the be all and end all but it's a good indicator.

I'm an accountant aswell but don't work in audit anymore hence a bit out of touch with the qualification side of things

Archived