Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
john_lcfc

Biggest Local Derby

What do you think is the biggest local Derby in England  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the biggest local Derby in England

• Everton v Liverpool
    • Arsenal v Tottenham
    • Bristol Rovers v Bristol City
    • Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday
    • Aston Villa v Birmingham City
    • Wolves v West Brom
    • Southampton v Portsmouth
    • Millwall v West Ham
    • Man United v Man city
    • Ipswich v Norwich
    • Newcastle v Sunderland
    • Other (please state)

Newcastle/Sunderland

143526[/snapback]

i forgot too put this one in but i think its about 6th. Anyway isnt newcastle in Scotland <_< :) .

If a mod can be bothered to put in Newcastle v Sunderland they can :cool:

143533[/snapback]

It's certainly north of the arctic circle. ;)

To be honest, it's difficult to compare them all. I'd say that NUFC/SFC and Saints/Pompey have more edge to them as they are true local derbies - most of the fans actually are local, and beejeezus, do they hate each other! They are never going to win the league - local bragging rights are more important.

The North London, Manc and Mersey derbies are all big games, but their clubs' fans are as/more interested in Europe than the domestic scene, and in ManYoo's case, half the fans come from Devon.

Kettering vs Diamonds.

Pure hate.

143544[/snapback]

lol Class!

Bradford v Huddersfield - went to that game once. Atmosphere was a bit tasty, to say the least.

143545[/snapback]

You think i'm joking? :ph34r::unsure::ermm::huh::blink:

Liverpool vs manure is probably the biggest to be fair, eventhough it's not entirely local.

143623[/snapback]

Well that has always been one of the biggest rival games. Tops Man Utd v Arsenal?

I think so

Boston Fan

143639[/snapback]

may i just point out the topic is discussing the biggest LOCAL derby hence Man u v Arses isnt in there :D

i personally think its Villa v Brums as they completeley hate eachother and the hole of birming ham seems to get ready for that game :blink:

Liverpool vs manure is probably the biggest to be fair, eventhough it's not entirely local.

143623[/snapback]

Well that has always been one of the biggest rival games. Tops Man Utd v Arsenal?

I think so

Boston Fan

143639[/snapback]

may i just point out the topic is discussing the biggest LOCAL derby hence Man u v Arses isnt in there :D

i personally think its Villa v Brums as they completeley hate eachother and the hole of birming ham seems to get ready for that game :blink:

143777[/snapback]

I do love a good Brum v Villa game, I always support Birmingham in these matches, because Villa re one of my most hated teams!

Villa = Just a small slum in Birmingham!

Archived