Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lovelcfc

are we worried about making play offs?

We need to be very worried.

Some pretty average teams now coming into form at the right time for them and we have to play a few of them.

Leeds, Cardiff, Brighton, Bolton, Palace, Watford and Forest at the death all to play and all beatable on our day, but to be honest, It's Barnsley, Derby, Sheff Wed, Birmingham and Millwall all trying to stay in the division I'm more worried about.

No disrespect to the teams struggling in the bottom half of the league but we seem to fall into the trap of playing to their level when we should be putting the game to bed in the first half.

Is it possible to bet on us not to go up/make the playoffs?

I mean with a bookies, because the bookies for some reason still think we're good, I mean 7/4 to get promoted, who would bet on that in our form?

I understand I could simply lay us on Betfair, but I don't have a Betfair account and am not particularly keen on the idea of doing that, I'd rather simple see odds put X amount on it and be done with it.

Is it possible to bet on us not to go up/make the playoffs?

I mean with a bookies, because the bookies for some reason still think we're good, I mean 7/4 to get promoted, who would bet on that in our form?

I understand I could simply lay us on Betfair, but I don't have a Betfair account and am not particularly keen on the idea of doing that, I'd rather simple see odds put X amount on it and be done with it.

Chopra, Chopra, what's the odds?

Never in a million years will we get 2nd, & if we do get in the playoffs we don't stand a chance of winning them with him in charge. Cardiff, hull, palace, Watford, Brighton & forest are all better than us.

Based on what?

Chopra, Chopra, what's the odds?

Based on what?

Their current form I'd take tomorrow and the momentum Davies has given them is worth a couple of points so although I agree with you that they aren't better then us,

I'm not looking forward to going to their place for a play-off winner takes all game on May 4th.

Forest should have got Davies back a couple of managers ago. Got forest to 2 consecutive playoffs with no money to spend at all. End of the season they will be above us, you wait & see!

No money?! You're kidding me, right?

If Billy had double what Sven spent he'd still moan about lack of funds and backing from the board.

Forest should have got Davies back a couple of managers ago. Got forest to 2 consecutive playoffs with no money to spend at all. End of the season they will be above us, you wait & see!

No money to spend? Really?

They are not better than us right now, people complain about our away form yet we've won the same amount of away games as them.

Ask yourself, in the main how have forest done this season? I'd say never thought about them being in the mix at all & especially when MacLeish was appointed knew they were going no where . It's only taken a decent managerial appointment 4 or so games ago & how many points are they behind us????????

No money to spend? Really?

They are not better than us right now, people complain about our away form yet we've won the same amount of away games as them.

errrr, I think you will find they are better than us right now. Just to remind you we have one 1 in the last 6.

Ask yourself, in the main how have forest done this season? I'd say never thought about them being in the mix at all & especially when MacLeish was appointed knew they were going no where . It's only taken a decent managerial appointment 4 or so games ago & how many points are they behind us????????

Worse than us.

Could that not be put down to the honeymoon period, where results do usually improve in the short-term when a new manager comes in?!

I don't know if you watched the game, but Forest were fortunate to walk away with all 3 points. Wednesday could have got a goal back as they increased the pressure second half and they were also unlucky not to be awarded a penalty.

errrr, I think you will find they are better than us right now. Just to remind you we have one 1 in the last 6.

No, their form is temporarily better than ours right now, but we've quite clearly been better over the course of the season.

No, their form is temporarily better than ours right now, but we've quite clearly been better over the course of the season.

The point is that they have sacked their useless manager in that time ..... the new manager is outperforming ours over the time he's been at the club.

The point is that they have sacked their useless manager in that time ..... the new manager is outperforming ours over the time he's been at the club.

It's hardly a great sample size, is it?

Could that not be put down to the honeymoon period, where results do usually improve in the short-term when a new manager comes in?!

I don't know if you watched the game, but Forest were fortunate to walk away with all 3 points. Wednesday could have got a goal back as they increased the pressure second half and they were also unlucky not to be awarded a penalty.

Must admit I didn't, but Wednesday were in a good bit of form lately, so I see it as a really good result for them. I know it's really early day's ,but Davies seems to have got the same player's who have been distinctly average most of the season playing some good stuff. Could you see Pearson making that same impact? His first job would be to fall out with about 4 or 5 of them first.

Must admit I didn't, but Wednesday were in a good bit of form lately, so I see it as a really good result for them. I know it's really early day's ,but Davies seems to have got the same player's who have been distinctly average most of the season playing some good stuff. Could you see Pearson making that same impact? His first job would be to fall out with about 4 or 5 of them first.

Yes, I think it's highly probable. The games they've had aren't against top sides, in fact, I think the highest placed team they played was against 15th placed Charlton so it's not really been a baptism of fire. Let's see how they hold up against a top half team before he's declared a demi-god.

In Pearson's first three games back, he beat Palace (who were 8th) and Blackpool, who were in the top six. That's a similar, if not better, impact than Davies has had so far.

Davies might be incredible in time but let's not go overboard in praising him and laying into Pearson.

Nope ..... But it's all we've got.

And it's a pretty convincing difference in form too!!

Like I said, it's generally accepted that there is an upturn in results when a new manager is appointed, and they've not exactly been then most difficult run of fixtures.

In response to the original title of the post, yes a tad worried as its a lottery but i still feel we're as good as anyone on any given day. We'd of settled for playoffs before a ball was kicked this season

The bookies and papers didn't though and probably the owners as well, promotion was expected this year, I don't expect us win the semis.

And ours have?

The only team we beat lost to posh today.

No, ours have also been a relatively easy set of fixtures in which we've not covered ourselves in glory. However, it's a bit early to label Billy as the messiah after he's had a couple of results against weaker sides. Also, let's not forget how Billy's bottlers twice threw promotion away.

Archived