Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kendo_1988

sick to death

I've still yet to see one of the boo-boys offer a valid explanation as to why they only post after we've lost.

By boo-boys I assume you mean any of the growing number of dissatisfied fans of the club who are watching us slip down the table and don't see it as part of the great rebuilding of the club? When we win I am happy - I can share that with you if it makes you warm and happy but frankly have better things to do - when we lose one game I generally ignore but 4 points from 15 is shite and deserves criticism not blind support - no doubt you would have been towing the party line when Taylor was here too.

If it's crap say so, denying it is what lets the club get away with it

By boo-boys I assume you mean any of the growing number of dissatisfied fans of the club who are watching us slip down the table and don't see it as part of the great rebuilding of the club? When we win I am happy - I can share that with you if it makes you warm and happy but frankly have better things to do - when we lose one game I generally ignore but 4 points from 15 is shite and deserves criticism not blind support - no doubt you would have been towing the party line when Taylor was here too.

You're right. They shouldnt get away with it. Sack the management, sell the players and TOP OUT!!

Thats the problem though!

Pearson in my opinion has built a good team, but he hasn`t built a good squad.

So when we have players who are carrying a knock, or out of form, we don`t really have enough quality back up, to come into the team, and for us to perform at a good enough level, for where we want to be.

Also when it`s not happening for us during a game, and we need someone to come off the bench and give us a spark, and change the game, we don`t have anyone who will do that either.

Pearson states that he likes to work with a small squad, and that is fine, but the squad players have to be of a good enough quality, that they will make a difference, when they get their chance to play.

Sadly that is not the case, with the current squad players.

The fact that we are going back to the days of Wellens and Gallacher says it all.

I agree. I think the first team is good enough, but the back up needs improvement.

We're still seeing Wellens and Gallagher play because we're lumbered with them. They were offered new contracts under Sven's reign. I suspect this was an attempt to patch up the harmony of the squad after Sven's highly-paid recruits arrived, upsetting those still here from before. I expect their contracts will make it very difficult for us to sell, so they have to remain as our back up players, probably until their contacts run out (June 2014 - Wellens, and June 2015 - Gallagher).

So basically you just love to come onto foxestalk when we have lost a game to have a moan.

congratulations, we lost yesterday so come and have your moan and then fck off when we win again :frusty:

Well I was 9 when Taylor was here so let's forget about that, and it's 'toeing' by the way.

Slip down the table? From 2nd to 5th, hardly Wolves are we? Ok, so 3 defeats in 4 doesn't look like 'great rebuilding' on their own, but I don't see how you could possibly not view this season as a sizeable step in the right direction, considering the absolute rubbish we've endured since Adams. Overpaid shite cleared out, young, hungry players brought in. Our bench I'll admit is very weak, but a top squad comes with time, just look at Cardiff.

NP is still learning, as are most of our players - when James plays our midfield is aged 21, 22, 21 and 21. How is that not promising to you? We have been in the top 6 almost all season, with the division's meanest defence and one of the youngest squads. I understand how you can be so full of stock criticisms when we lose, as we do sometimes, but what I don't understand is the Pearson vitriol. He isn't Pep Guardiola, but only one person is.

As someone has pointed out somewhere else, since 03/04 we have had three seasons where we have seen relative success and REAL progress. They are 08/09 - winning L1 at a canter, 09/10 - reaching the play-offs and (hopefully) 12/13 - been in top 6 nearly all season. What is the connection between these three seasons?

Well I was 9 when Taylor was here so let's forget about that, and it's 'toeing' by the way.

Slip down the table? From 2nd to 5th, hardly Wolves are we? Ok, so 3 defeats in 4 doesn't look like 'great rebuilding' on their own, but I don't see how you could possibly not view this season as a sizeable step in the right direction, considering the absolute rubbish we've endured since Adams. Overpaid shite cleared out, young, hungry players brought in. Our bench I'll admit is very weak, but a top squad comes with time, just look at Cardiff.

NP is still learning, as are most of our players - when James plays our midfield is aged 21, 22, 21 and 21. How is that not promising to you? We have been in the top 6 almost all season, with the division's meanest defence and one of the youngest squads. I understand how you can be so full of stock criticisms when we lose, as we do sometimes, but what I don't understand is the Pearson vitriol. He isn't Pep Guardiola, but only one person is.

As someone has pointed out somewhere else, since 03/04 we have had three seasons where we have seen relative success and REAL progress. They are 08/09 - winning L1 at a canter, 09/10 - reaching the play-offs and (hopefully) 12/13 - been in top 6 nearly all season. What is the connection between these three seasons?

Nice grammar check - bright lad

relative success maybe - progress? We'll see but to suggest that not being happy with a truly atrocious run is vitriol is nonsense. The team are not performing, what do you suggest?

So basically you just love to come onto foxestalk when we have lost a game to have a moan.

congratulations, we lost yesterday so come and have your moan and then fck off when we win again :frusty:

Hooray - why don't I? I thought I just did - and said I would shut up when we improve again (it will happen eventually)

Why not come on here and state the bleedin' obvious?

One Nigel Pearson!

Thanks, I really enjoyed that post. :D

Nice grammar check - bright lad

relative success maybe - progress? We'll see but to suggest that not being happy with a truly atrocious run is vitriol is nonsense. The team are not performing, what do you suggest?

You don't need to be bright to know the difference between 'towing' and 'toeing' mate.

Perhaps vitriol doesn't accurately describe your situation but you'll find it from a number of people browsing the threads about at the moment.

Of course I'm not happy with the current run either, and I have also have my own ideas about improving away results, which for me is the only thing holding us back at present. The difference for me is I don't want Pearson out if we don't go up. Not by a long shot. I want him here next season. Another year of experience on our young player's heads, some new additions, better knowledge of each other within the squad - why will we not finish even higher next season?

Yes, squad-building comes with time - as I argued again and again this time last year - but Pearson will not necessarily be the man to finish the job off. His remit when he returned was to win promotion at the first time of asking which - in spite of my arguments in his defence - he failed to do. With considerable financial backing, and an extra year to do what he was employed to do, he has put together a competent team and most commentators expected us to win the league, but we won't, and promotion - at the second time of asking - is starting to look less likely.

His goal, in his first reign, was to win promotion from League One and put together a promotion-challenging side in the Championship, which he did in two years. Nobody should downplay that achievement. But his task this time around shouldn't be confused with that one; this is a board which want success - and now. He was given extremely generous funds and eighteen months to secure promotion - and failure is not an option.

A play off finish in 12-13, without going up, does not deserve to be on that list of great successes you've provided above. The arrival of FFP could mean that there is a very short window of time in which a club can buy their way to success - if Pearson can't do it this time around, make no mistake, his second spell will be looked on as a failure.

Yes, squad-building comes with time - as I argued again and again this time last year - but Pearson will not necessarily be the man to finish the job off. His remit when he returned was to win promotion at the first time of asking which - in spite of my arguments in his defence - he failed to do. With considerable financial backing, and an extra year to do what he was employed to do, he has put together a competent team and most commentators expected us to win the league, but we won't, and promotion - at the second time of asking - is starting to look less likely.

His goal, in his first reign, was to win promotion from League One and put together a promotion-challenging side in the Championship, which he did in two years. Nobody should downplay that achievement. But his task this time around shouldn't be confused with that one; this is a board which want success - and now. He was given extremely generous funds and eighteen months to secure promotion - and failure is not an option.

A play off finish in 12-13, without going up, does not deserve to be on that list of great successes you've provided above. The arrival of FFP could mean that there is a very short window of time in which a club can buy their way to success - if Pearson fails this time around, make no mistake, his second spell will be looked on as a failure.

Cracking post..

Fair, balanced and accurate

IMO.

A play off finish in 12-13, without going up, does not deserve to be on that list of great successes you've provided above. The arrival of FFP could mean that there is a very short window of time in which a club can buy their way to success - if Pearson can't do it this time around, make no mistake, his second spell will be looked on as a failure.

Beautifully put

A play off finish in 12-13, without going up, does not deserve to be on that list of great successes you've provided above. The arrival of FFP could mean that there is a very short window of time in which a club can buy their way to success - if Pearson fails this time around, make no mistake, his second spell will be looked on as a failure.

Says who? He wouldn't have signed a contract unless he knew he'd get time, would he?

He hasn't spent that much and recouped a very pleasant amount back from the hideous signing that was Mills, and shipped out all the shit on higher wages.

And yes it would still be a relatively successful season, because if you'd read my post properly, you'd have seen that we were discussing our seasonal achievements since Adams, and what have they been? Sweet fvck all except in seasons where NP has been the manager.

It's precisely because of FFP that makes sticking with NP the best idea for now. We won't need to buy our way to success.

Some people on here dont half hit the panic button too soon. To say we are slipping down the table is abit extreme. We are still in the playoffs. Win our game in hand and we are 5 behind Hull. What people seem to forget is that every team in ths league ( except for the red dragons) are inconsistant!

Says who? He wouldn't have signed a contract unless he knew he'd get time, would he?

He hasn't spent that much and recouped a very pleasant amount back from the hideous signing that was Mills, and shipped out all the shit on higher wages.

And yes it would still be a relatively successful season, because if you'd read my post properly, you'd have seen that we were discussing our seasonal achievements since Adams, and what have they been? Sweet fvck all except in seasons where NP has been the manager.

It's precisely because of FFP that makes sticking with NP the best idea for now. We won't need to buy our way to success.

Oh dear. The board said that they expected promotion last season. In Pearson's first Press Conference he said "promotion is the aim" for the season and the Chief Exec described it as "a must" even after Pearson took over. So that's 'who says'.

He has spent the third largest amount of any club in this league since taking over. When you bear in mind that, over the twelve months before that, we were by far the biggest spending club in the division (and he retained most of those players) I think the 'hasn't spent that much' argument falls to pieces.

As for 'if you'd read my post... [a play-off finish without going up] would be a relatively successful season' - yes it would be relatively successful if compared to last season (under Pearson), or the season before, or the years under Levein and Kelly when the club was in severe financial trouble, as opposed to being the best-backed team in the league. It would also be a success compared to the season when we got relegated, though it's hard to pin the blame for that on the manager we started the season with, who was fired after four matches. So your comparison is hardly fair, is it? Neither is it wise to liken Pearson Mk.1, whose job was to win promotion from League One - and did so - to Pearson Mk.2, whose job was to make the Premier League and (a) hasn't and (b) doesn't look especially like doing so.

Compare our season with that of teams who are highly placed in the league, rather than with past City managers who either had no money to spend or were fired after a month or two in the job. If you look at the money spent, the length of time spent in the job and - crucially - their position in the league, then I'm afraid Pearson doesn't come out of that comparison particularly well.

Vardy = £1m

Knocky = £3.5m?

Wood =£1m

Marshall £750k up to £1m

Drinky = undisclosed (but fee paid)

Ritche De Laet £1.1m

Matty james = £1m

Wes Morgan = £1m

If any of that lot are on less than Nige a week I'll be surprised so don't kid yourself that this is a cheap team

Some people on here dont half hit the panic button too soon. To say we are slipping down the table is abit extreme. We are still in the playoffs. Win our game in hand and we are 5 behind Hull. What people seem to forget is that every team in ths league ( except for the red dragons) are inconsistant!

We are slipping down the table. That is a fact.

Oh dear. The board said that they expected promotion last season. In Pearson's first Press Conference he said "promotion is the aim" for the season and the Chief Exec described it as "a must" even after Pearson took over. So that's 'who says'.

He has spent the third largest amount of any club in this league since taking over. When you bear in mind that, over the twelve months before that, we were by far the biggest spending club in the division (and he retained most of those players) I think the 'hasn't spent that much' argument falls to pieces.

As for 'if you'd read my post... [a play-off finish without going up] would be a relatively successful season' - yes it would be relatively successful if compared to last season (under Pearson), or the season before, or the years under Levein and Kelly when the club was in severe financial trouble, as opposed to being the best-backed team in the league. It would also be a success compared to the season when we got relegated, though it's hard to pin the blame for that on the manager we started the season with, who was fired after four matches. So your comparison is hardly fair, is it? Neither is it wise to liken Pearson Mk.1, whose job was to win promotion from League One - and did so - to Pearson Mk.2, whose job was to make the Premier League and (a) hasn't and (b) doesn't look especially like doing so.

Compare our season with that of teams who are highly placed in the league, rather than with past City managers who either had no money to spend or were fired after a month or two in the job. If you look at the money spent, the length of time spent in the job and - crucially - their position in the league, then I'm afraid Pearson doesn't come out of that comparison particularly well.

I said this a week ago.

In terms of time, money spent and a pre-existing squad to reshape, Pearson hasn't done as well as Zola, Bruce and Holloway (Freedman) have done.

At least not so far.

Comparatively speaking.

This doesn't mean I want 'Pearson out'.. It's simply making the point that, so far, he's done ok. But just ok.

:thumbup:

Vardy = £1m

Knocky = £3.5m?

Wood =£1m

Marshall £750k up to £1m

Drinky = undisclosed (but fee paid)

Ritche De Laet £1.1m

Matty james = £1m

Wes Morgan = £1m

If any of that lot are on less than Nige a week I'll be surprised so don't kid yourself that this is a cheap team

But they'll work out cheap though won't they, when they've either served us for ages or been sold at a tidy profit?

They're all under 25 apart from Morgan and Vardy! Vardy we can all admit was a mistake, that's fair enough, unfortunately he's shit. And paying 1m for Morgan, a very straightforward decision, cheap as chips for a CB of his quality. We have no proof of the Knockaert figure so don't just band 3.5m about as if that was the most likely sum.

I said this a week ago.

In terms of time, money spent and a pre-existing squad to reshape, Pearson hasn't done as well as Zola, Bruce and Holloway (Freedman) have done.

At least not so far.

Comparatively speaking.

This doesn't mean I want 'Pearson out'.. It's simply making the point that, so far, he's done ok. But just ok.

:thumbup:

And my point too. 'Okay', but no more.

If we don't go up this season, 'okay' will slip to 'a little disappointing'. Not catastrophic... just a lukewarm failure. And unless he wakes up to the reality of our position, that's what will happen.

There's a difference between what they say to each other behind closed doors though and what they say in press conferences isn't there? And anyway, of course promotion is the aim, what would you expect them to say?

The money that Nigel has spent, he has been allowed to spend on young players, who will increase in value, either staying with us for an extended period of time, or be sold at a profit. I think you are forgetting this.

Ok, let's compare with the other teams in this division. We have Hull, where Steve Bruce is doing a good job living in the house that PEARSON built. Then we have Watford, who have money, but also access to an unrivalled pool of players from all over the world. Then Cardiff, who are using an experienced squad built up over a long time with a proven Championship manager, but they still had to spend 10m+. And Palace, this is the first season they've challenged for a while, they have been fortunate in bringing through Zaha, and have built up a team over time, and Holloway has only just kept them in the chase compared to when he took over. We aren't far behind considering.

Some people are here would be better off, following the tigers. Most people on here must have start supporting us in league 1. Pearson is not as good a manager as brian little. Hes not the next MON, He's the sort of bloke in a years time. Who be managing Notts County.

Some good well balanced views being out forward here!

I will say however, I feel there is an undertone within certain comments about Pearson and his apparent 'ignorance'. As if he doesn't see the issues because he doesn't want to see them, almost as if he wants to lose or do badly. Which of course on its own, is idiotic.

As fans we want it all and we are so desperate to improve our side in any way we can and we can spin things in any way to make it look better or worse to enhance the argument, but there are no quick fixes or quick answers.

As soon as we hit a bad patch the contradiction comes out and it's poison.

Archived