Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

FAO: those that want Pearson out

Pearson was expected to get promotion this season by the bookies, papers and probably most of the fans. He's seriously underachieving at this point.

These constant comparisons to other teams, Sven and the last 10 years are wrong, we've spent and we have a decent 11, the fact that we can be tactically out thought and have a poor bench is the fault of the manager.

Pearson was expected to get promotion this season by the bookies, papers and probably most of the fans. He's seriously underachieving at this point.

Polls on this forum suggested that the majority expected us to finish in the Play-Offs, you know something we haven't achieved since the last time Pearson was here. Have a look at the table.

Just a thought that i think we're a similar team to Southampton. We have a similar defence, two attacking fullbacks, a tricky winger like Lallana(Knockaert) and a target man goal scorer like Lambert (Wood)

Just a thought that i think we're a similar team to Southampton. We have a similar defence, two attacking fullbacks, a tricky winger like Lallana(Knockaert) and a target man goal scorer like Lambert (Wood)

And Southampton were wrong to get rid of Pearson, just like we would be. These coincidences are freaky.

e i e i e i o down the football league we go, when we get promotion this is what we'll sing, " we are the champions, we are the champions, Pearson's not our king!"

Wow. :facepalm:

Been a nice 6 months without the morons. Guess it's time for them to have their say. We're on a bad run. NP needs to sort this out pronto cause we're in free fall and on paper we should be top 2.

Lets hope you blind faith carries us through. So by your own admittence we are in " free fall " do you see the irony of your post ?

Nigel Adkins. Although Im not Pearson out I do think he'd fit in here.

I think the fact that Adkins is tending his garden is unfortunate. We all know that an exciting manager with a track record of promotion is not available very often. We hit crap form, people see his availability (possibly) and there is a case. I wonder how we would all feel about getting rid of NP, though, if Adkins took on the Villa job tomorrow ? And if the potential pot of replacements was Roy Keane, Alex McLeish etc ??

I think the fact that Adkins is tending his garden is unfortunate. We all know that an exciting manager with a track record of promotion is not available very often. We hit crap form, people see his availability (possibly) and there is a case. I wonder how we would all feel about getting rid of NP, though, if Adkins took on the Villa job tomorrow ? And if the potential pot of replacements was Roy Keane, Alex McLeish etc ??

Roberto Di Matteo?

Roberto Di Matteo?

That's right. I'm sure the former Champions' League winning RDM would be beating a path to our door to manage a mid-table Championship team. Admittedly, he might have to boot Guardiola out of the way first, though !??

That's right. I'm sure the former Champions' League winning RDM would be beating a path to our door to manage a mid-table Championship team. Admittedly, he might have to boot Guardiola out of the way first, though !??

We are not mid table though are we? RDM has managed in the championship before with WBA guiding them to automatic promotion in his first season in charge.

It is not beyond the realms of impossiblity of attracting someone of RDM's caliber he also lives in the Midlands (Leamington spa), so who knows..

Apologies. I was confusing form / standard of performance with residual league position ! Yes, he did once manage in the Championship. Just as SAF has managed St. Mirren - maybe he'd come with a track record like that ??? Don't mean to be brutal or condescending, but I just don't see people like that queueing to come to us. When I argue with my partner, I start noticing other women down the pub and wondering. Adkins is kind of that overly flirtacious bar-maid. RDM is more like the lead vocalist from the group playing in the corner ... and is more likely to give you a slap in the face than anything else !

Pep's not doing anything till he takes over at Bayern in the summer.

Get him in for the last 11 games just to get us promoted...... :blush:

Promise him a 'supermarket dash' in Morrisons if he is successful...... :thumbup:

Football led by the media (most fans are just sheep) has become so sickeningly a must win now mentality. Too many fFans have forgfotten what they are fans of, too many supporters have forgotten how to support.

I've followed the city for about a half century and there have been ups and downs and recently far more downs than ups, yet I still support the city. TBH even though I want us to win every game after the inital sadness and sickness following a defeat I'm happy that my club still exists and at the moment are playing such good football. I've seen better games this season than in most of the last 15 years.

Sure I want us to go up, as champions, in second or through the playoffs but if they don't I will still be cheering them on next season as I have the last half century. I was upset when they sacked sven so quickly and I'll be equally upset if they get rid of Pearson at the season's end. I would like the Club to back a manager over the mid to long term and I must admit that I'm enjoying the new passing and attacking brand of football which has been missing for most of the time since bloomfield's boys.

I wish that FT'ers would stop the player/manager attacks and enjoy the ride that we have every year. Support the manager and players and accept the results we get unless you think that a player isn't giving 100%.

We've had a good year so far and it could still be a great year. Enjoy what we have now because it's a lot better than we have had and what we could have.

Archived