Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
miggy111

Questions For LCFC COMMITTEE

Ooooh here's one, I have the choice between some short wool and a tesco carrier bag. Which would make for a better construction material for a nest and what properties would each bring?

Omg i'm dieing! Just got told off for laughing at work!

Afternoon all, I have a spare few Hours so I Thought I'd answer any of your questions regarding the going on's in the LCFC Committee Meeting on the 28th February. Ask Away.

Mate, it's really good of you to offer up your time doing this, but having read the thread I seriously wouldn't bother. For every intelligent and thoughtful question you get asked, you appear to get half a dozen moronic ones. No reflection on you, more on the childlike posters we tend to get on here - you know who you are.

Providing insight and genuine information is a by-product of this forum. It's main purpose seems to be massaging peoples egos.

Once again, thanks for offering your time. If you do have any news, especially on safe standing, I'd be delighted to hear it.

Very brief overview from me, forgive typos/grammar.

1. Club Website ( LCFC DEVELOPMENTS )

The club said around 70 of the 92 football league clubs had signed up to a uniform website with a contract ending 2014. The task was underestimated by the Football League and therefore any new websites developed were massively under resourced, hence the amount of problems we've had with ours. The club are aware how shite it is and are constantly working to improve it.

It was previously taking up to 8 hours to upload a news story (whilst the Mercury etc were beating them to it). They are also looking to launch an online Leicester City TV.

2. LED Perimeter Advertising Board

We're testing these until the end of the season. They bring in a huge amount of revenue hence why every Prem League club has them. They received 37 complaints after the Huddersfield game and have since turned the setting down to '40' from '60'. However, they are contractually required to put them to '60' during a televised match, buy the businesses buying advertising space. They are exactly the same as the ones used in the Prem and are proven to do absolutely no damage to your eyes. Also tested for epilepsy. No other clubs have received complaints about them. Every man and his dog gave their opinion on these during the meeting and it was easily the longest discussion point. :facepalm:

3. Midweek Fixtures

The club have no say on this and Sky have the power to deduct points should we not comply with their fixture changes for television. The amount of fixture changes we've had this year is unprecedented for The Championship and the club are just as pissed off as we are.

We are in credit of 3 games with The Tigers for moving fixtures.

4. Atmosphere

very little said. They get a lot of requests about goal music, post horn gallop etc but unless there's an overwhelming majority calling for one thing or another, they can't realistically do much. Hopefully this is brought up again.

5. Safe Standing/Banning Standing

From what I could tell, the majority of members were anti-standing, whether safe or not. The club have actively looked into it, with Susan Whealan attending various events etc. There's no chance of them publically stating their opinion on it however as they don't see any benefit in doing so. Susan also seemed fairly negative towards safe standing as she has a negative view towards fans and how it works in Germany. Stating that clubs were looking to move away from it and posed that fans there are squeezed into cages etc.

That was about it, although full minutes will be published. From my point of view, I was really impressed with Susan and the rest of the board. They were honest, genuine and really seemed to want to make the FCC work and add value to the club moving forwards. They came across as very ambitious and forward thinking (in some areas). My main dissappointment was over safe standing as that really doesn't seem to be high on the agenda, nor particularly well informed at the club.

Cheers

Mate, it's really good of you to offer up your time doing this, but having read the thread I seriously wouldn't bother. For every intelligent and thoughtful question you get asked, you appear to get half a dozen moronic ones. No reflection on you, more on the childlike posters we tend to get on here - you know who you are.

Providing insight and genuine information is a by-product of this forum. It's main purpose seems to be massaging peoples egos.

Once again, thanks for offering your time. If you do have any news, especially on safe standing, I'd be delighted to hear it.

Hey Mate, safe Standing is Being Monitored By the football club, but it will be a while before any Action is Considered.

The club said around 70 of the 92 football league clubs had signed up to a uniform website with a contract ending 2014. The task was underestimated by the Football League and therefore any new websites developed were massively under resourced, hence the amount of problems we've had with ours. The club are aware how shite it is and are constantly working to improve it.

It was previously taking up to 8 hours to upload a news story (whilst the Mercury etc were beating them to it). They are also looking to launch an online Leicester City TV.

We're testing these until the end of the season. They bring in a huge amount of revenue hence why every Prem League club has them. They received 37 complaints after the Huddersfield game and have since turned the setting down to '40' from '60'. However, they are contractually required to put them to '60' during a televised match, buy the businesses buying advertising space. They are exactly the same as the ones used in the Prem and are proven to do absolutely no damage to your eyes. Also tested for epilepsy. No other clubs have received complaints about them. Every man and his dog gave their opinion on these during the meeting and it was easily the longest discussion point. :facepalm:

3. Midweek Fixtures

The club have no say on this and Sky have the power to deduct points should we not comply with their fixture changes for television. The amount of fixture changes we've had this year is unprecedented for The Championship and the club are just as pissed off as we are.

4. Atmosphere

very little said. They get a lot of requests about goal music, post horn gallop etc but unless there's an overwhelming majority calling for one thing or another, they can't realistically do much. Hopefully this is brought up again.

From what I could tell, the majority of members were anti-standing, whether safe or not. The club have actively looked into it, with Susan Whealan attending various events etc. There's no chance of them publically stating their opinion on it however as they don't see any benefit in doing so. Susan also seemed fairly negative towards safe standing as she has a negative view towards fans and how it works in Germany. Stating that clubs were looking to move away from it and posed that fans there are squeezed into cages etc.

That was about it, although full minutes will be published. From my point of view, I was really impressed with Susan and the rest of the board. They were honest, genuine and really seemed to want to make the FCC work and add value to the club moving forwards. They came across as very ambitious and forward thinking (in some areas). My main dissappointment was over safe standing as that really doesn't seem to be high on the agenda, nor particularly well informed at the club.

Cheers

That's a Brilliant Write up BrummieFOX Very Well Put.

Does this mean the club are going to have a serious look at safe standing? And clamp down on standing in certain areas of the ground?

The Club will be Monitoring Area's of the Club as Anti Standing, In regards to Bringing in Safe standing area's I don't really think it will happen if i am honest with you. but it is being monitored. and Susan is doing Her best.

Does this mean the club are going to have a serious look at safe standing? And clamp down on standing in certain areas of the ground?

They, "turn a blind eye to standing in certain areas of the ground" and although it's been said that they are aware of and are looking into safe standing, I don't think it's high on the agenda, nor are they warm to the idea.

I feel the 2 big arguments FOR safe standing would be: Giving a large contingent of our fans who want to stand the choice to do so & to increase revenue.

Apparently it wouldn't increase revenue at all as they would actually need more space (due to H&S regs in UK) per person than when seated and secondly there is currently nothing that states a large enough contingent of our fans are PRO safe standing. Yes 4,000 odd stand at Forest away but how many of them actually want to/are forced to?

Seems that a couple of posts have disappeared, one of which I was going to reply to regarding the numbers interested in standing. If a petition was put together with a large number wishing to stand would the club take more interest or is it a case of due to h&s there is no chance of an increase in numbers and as a result revenue therefore they're not particularly interested?

Edit: posts haven't deleted, teach me for switching from ipad to phone to ipad.

3. Midweek Fixtures

4. Atmosphere

Cheers

So there we have it sky run football, so what is the point of the football league, I take it they just blindly signed a contract in desperation, do we really need to be on tv every week?

I'm sure if we suggested we had, had our fair share of games on tv this season and wouldn't move another it would be considered a reasonable argument, however we won't because our owners want the exposure, so who at the club has had enough of it, cuz it sure won't be the finance dept.

So there we have it sky run football, so what is the point of the football league, I take it they just blindly signed a contract in desperation, do we really need to be on tv every week?

I'm sure if we suggested we had, had our fair share of games on tv this season and wouldn't move another it would be considered a reasonable argument, however we won't because our owners want the exposure, so who at the club has had enough of it, cuz it sure won't be the finance dept.

Yes, exposure on Sky is a big plus but it's not always as good as it sounds. For example, only 52,000 people watched the Huddersfield replay and last year the televised games vs. Forest and Derby actually cost the club money due to reduction in projected attendance.

Seems that a couple of posts have disappeared, one of which I was going to reply to regarding the numbers interested in standing. If a petition was put together with a large number wishing to stand would the club take more interest or is it a case of due to h&s there is no chance of an increase in numbers and as a result revenue therefore they're not particularly interested?

Edit: posts haven't deleted, teach me for switching from ipad to phone to ipad.

What I think a petition with enough signatures would do is put a bit more (peaceful) pressure onthe club to think about their public stance on the issue. But you're right there is still the fact that there doesn't seem an obvious financial benefit and so unlikely to change much.

Miggy111 thanks for the time you are giving and thank you to BF for the write up. It nice to know what is going on and to hear the clubs views. Fox Tv sounds good and anyone that says its on Sky I will rip there throat out ok

lol, You are Very Welcome FatBoySlow

Are we actually being serious when we say Sky has the power to deduct points?

Yep, we enter a commercial contract with them as a FL member and if they request that our game is to be shown on TV, we must comply otherwise we CAN be faced with a points deduction. I presume that's more the relationship the FL has with Sky rather than ourselves. The only way we could avoid it is if the Safety Adviser Group (shudder) deem the match unsafe to play.

Archived