Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

Pearson has not been chopping and changing, he pretty much sticks with the same personnel from the start only ever rotating a max of one or two players. Bringing in Kane has not made us rubbish. We have gone on this run of form because we have no plan B, ever!

What about dropping the players for the FA Cup games when we were on a winning run? What about playing 4-3-3 in recent games with Nugent out wide?

I know! Lets sack Pearson! And if the new guy can't win the rest of the games this season sack him so the new new guy has the off season to build his own squad. Then that guy has 10 games to prove himself or he goes too and by that time we can get Pearson back...... Recipe for success.... Sack everyone

I think the biggest problem with NP is his lack of a plan B. we have no quality cover anywhere on the field so when players lose form or a team susses our tactics there is nothing we can do. I don't think it will change even if we get promoted

This is why we need another manager now or the end of the season

No. Our problem is our plan A hasn't worked (or hasn't been the same) for some time. Our plan A was playing good football, passing the ball, good movement, playing as a team, etc. That plan has not been in motion for some time in seems.

Plan B is what you use when you've already fvcked things up. Sadly, we've just not played our plan A like we were earlier in the season, or even the other month when we were winning games 4-0.

It makes no difference at all what anyone on here wishes for with regards the future of NP, which makes the vitriol between the for and against slightly amusing.

Looking at our last 7 results, and the recent history of this club, nothing would surprise me.

No. Our problem is our plan A hasn't worked (or hasn't been the same) for some time. Our plan A was playing good football, passing the ball, good movement, playing as a team, etc. That plan has not been in motion for some time in seems.

Plan B is what you use when you've already fvcked things up. Sadly, we've just not played our plan A like we were earlier in the season, or even the other month when we were winning games 4-0.

But isn't that where a manager earns his wage ? When plan A fails ?

You have to admit there are some glaring holes in the squad that he has failed to fix....midfield, left back, centre back

But isn't that where a manager earns his wage ? When plan A fails ?

You have to admit there are some glaring holes in the squad that he has failed to fix....midfield, left back, centre back

He earns his wage with good performances and results on the whole, and he does this with a good plan A.

If we're inconsistent it might be to do with a plan B. If we've not won in 7 it's not because we've not got a plan B, it's because our plan A has stopped working, or we've changed our plan A.

Centre-back?!

Yes CB we all knew Whitbread wouldn't play much so a long term injury to SSL or Wes or both leaves us with little experience . I know he bought in Keane and Morgan has been fit and played like a giant all season but I think it's still an issue that did hurt us at the beginning of the season

He earns his wage with good performances and results on the whole, and he does this with a good plan A.

If we're inconsistent it might be to do with a plan B. If we've not won in 7 it's not because we've not got a plan B, it's because our plan A has stopped working, or we've changed our plan A.

But when the chips are down and the pressure is on I don't think he is good enough to motivate or change his tactics. I think he has been brilliant in bringing in some good young players but he has failed to find the experience in a couple of places that you need to get out of this league. It's a long season and younger players are not gonna be able to stand the pace or the pressure week in week out in this division, I think that's what is happening now. I think deep down as well his ego is too big to deal with most older professionals.

Yes but two have been out most of the season and wasnt SSL out of favour for a while anyway ?

For the majority of this season, no. Like I said, at the start of the season, 5 good centre-backs does me. And we've never needed any more, so why complain?

For the majority of this season, no. Like I said, at the start of the season, 5 good centre-backs does me. And we've never needed any more, so why complain?

We are one hamstring pull away from no experienced CB no left back and only one RB

Whitbread was never gonna play many games and SSL has been gone since September I think he should have gone for more experience in January anyways thats my opinion but I think the lack of depth at LB and CM has been the biggest problem

We are one hamstring pull away from no experienced CB no left back and only one RB

Whitbread was never gonna play many games and SSL has been gone since September I think he should have gone for more experience in January anyways thats my opinion but I think the lack of depth at LB and CM has been the biggest problem

St Ledger came on today.

Archived