Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

We are in an absolute awful run of form with no indication where the next result is going to come from. I'd love for someone to tell me in that case why we SHOULDN'T just get a new manager?? We cant do any worse! And a new manager kicking players up the arses MIGHT be what we need to crawl over the playoff line! Because as it stands at the minute, its almost a certainty we aren't going to finish in the top 6

Because football isn't just played in vacuums of single seasons?

Under normal circumstances I'd say that the manager should be given more time. However on this occasion I do think that Pearson should go. The present situation is all about instilling belief and confidence in the team and he's not able to do that. BD at Forest has shown what is possible in this regard. If we don't go up Pearson will be gone in the summer anyway - if he goes now we may just about turn things round enough to make the play offs.

Yes but he replaced fvcking Alex McLeish, Alex fvcking McLeish for christ's sake, and they were midtable.

Are people really that stupid that they think new managers turn it around every time?

Sorry but its gone. My optimism has disintegrated. I've been trying but the team just isnt giving it back.

Its over.

How is it 'over'?

We've been in the play-offs all season and we still are, with a game in hand.

I think the dissapointing thing during this run has been that Nigel has refused to change the shape on the team or the personnel,

It would have been nice to see Gally start, Schlupp play up front....but we seem to just carry on as usual and it isn't good enough.

Yes but he replaced fvcking Alex McLeish, Alex fvcking McLeish for christ's sake, and they were midtable.

Are people really that stupid that they think new managers turn it around every time?

No, not every time Kitchandro. Just this time. I firmly believe people should be given time to achieve, but it's equally important to recognise that there comes a point when things are unlikely to be turned around.

No point in getting rid however owners are sure to benchmark Cardiff game against where we want to be, to be fair the likes of Marshall should hang their heads, shit performance. Pearsons downfall has been the lack of energetic box to box midfielder, Neil danns maybe..his form players have ultimately lost their way at the most crucial time.

I think the dissapointing thing during this run has been that Nigel has refused to change the shape on the team or the personnel,

It would have been nice to see Gally start, Schlupp play up front....but we seem to just carry on as usual and it isn't good enough.

Bollocks. In fact, chopping and changing has arguably been his biggest error.

Archived