Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicesterlad1989

This season & next season.

Before I start, just to give you an idea about me, I am 24 years old and currently have a season ticket in L1. I think I have been a season ticket holder for 4 and a half years now.

Now if us all Leicester fans sit down and think for a moment, we will realise what a good season are having so far. The obvious concern is the last 9 games, which will define our season. I hope come May we will talk about a fantastic season, rather than a good 3/4 of a season. Our home form as a whole has been pretty good and as us season ticket holders and regulars have witnessed plenty of wins and a lot of goals. Unfortunately thats not been the case for our regular away followers but great work to all you guys and girls who turn up week in week out and support the team. Sadly I can't make as many away games as I'd like due to financial difficulties.

Anyway, the main reason for this "waffling" is to talk about my current view of the beautiful game.

As I've already mentioned I am a season ticket holder and as it's nearly that time of year again, me and my mates have been talking about renewing for next season. I hate to admit this but I am seriously debating not bothering. The main reason is the lack of Saturday fixtures, which now seem like a thing of the past. I used to wake up on a Saturday morning, get ready whilst watching Soccer AM and aim to be in town for 11, put my football bets on, have my breakfast and be in the pub for midday for a good laugh. I'm sure this is the same for a lot of you out there. This season has killed the whole footballing experience for me. It used to be a great day, not so much now. All these midweek games are a struggle due to work commitments and as much as I'd love to tell my boss to **** off, he affectively pays my season ticket for me.

Another reason is perhaps I am all "fooballed out," due to going to follow England in the summer at the Euro's. The whole thing was possibly the best fooballing experience I have ever been apart of and I was lucky to see all the games. Anyone who went who is on this message board will admit it was fantastic. Perhaps a break from football will make me realise what I need. As they say, "absence makes the heart grow fonder."

I suppose the key reason of them all is financially. Now I am already assuming the prices will go up again next season and I don't think I can justify paying more money. Deep down I would love to contiue to do so but I am sadly getting to the stage where I have to actually spend my money wisely...god I hate growing up :(.

If I don't renew, I will still go to games but probably pick the ones most suitable and around my working hours. But knowing my luck I will have better working hours and end up going to all the home games and paying more money in the process.

Now I am wondering does anybody else feel the same, or agree with some of my points? Maybe you could offer me some advice, esepcially as this has now turned into some sort of councelling session. I'm certain I am not the only one and my worry is our attendances will drop, unless we achieve promotion this season.

Right, I'm ready to get shot down, that's if anyone is still reading but this is something that has been bugging me for a while.

Thanks.

Before I start, just to give you an idea about me, I am 24 years old and currently have a season ticket in L1. I think I have been a season ticket holder for 4 and a half years now.

Now if us all Leicester fans sit down and think for a moment, we will realise what a good season are having so far. The obvious concern is the last 9 games, which will define our season. I hope come May we will talk about a fantastic season, rather than a good 3/4 of a season. Our home form as a whole has been pretty good and as us season ticket holders and regulars have witnessed plenty of wins and a lot of goals. Unfortunately thats not been the case for our regular away followers but great work to all you guys and girls who turn up week in week out and support the team. Sadly I can't make as many away games as I'd like due to financial difficulties.

Anyway, the main reason for this "waffling" is to talk about my current view of the beautiful game.

As I've already mentioned I am a season ticket holder and as it's nearly that time of year again, me and my mates have been talking about renewing for next season. I hate to admit this but I am seriously debating not bothering. The main reason is the lack of Saturday fixtures, which now seem like a thing of the past. I used to wake up on a Saturday morning, get ready whilst watching Soccer AM and aim to be in town for 11, put my football bets on, have my breakfast and be in the pub for midday for a good laugh. I'm sure this is the same for a lot of you out there. This season has killed the whole footballing experience for me. It used to be a great day, not so much now. All these midweek games are a struggle due to work commitments and as much as I'd love to tell my boss to **** off, he affectively pays my season ticket for me.

Another reason is perhaps I am all "fooballed out," due to going to follow England in the summer at the Euro's. The whole thing was possibly the best fooballing experience I have ever been apart of and I was lucky to see all the games. Anyone who went who is on this message board will admit it was fantastic. Perhaps a break from football will make me realise what I need. As they say, "absence makes the heart grow fonder."

I suppose the key reason of them all is financially. Now I am already assuming the prices will go up again next season and I don't think I can justify paying more money. Deep down I would love to contiue to do so but I am sadly getting to the stage where I have to actually spend my money wisely...god I hate growing up :(.

If I don't renew, I will still go to games but probably pick the ones most suitable and around my working hours. But knowing my luck I will have better working hours and end up going to all the home games and paying more money in the process.

Now I am wondering does anybody else feel the same, or agree with some of my points? Maybe you could offer me some advice, esepcially as this has now turned into some sort of councelling session. I'm certain I am not the only one and my worry is our attendances will drop, unless we achieve promotion this season.

Right, I'm ready to get shot down, that's if anyone is still reading but this is something that has been bugging me for a while.

Thanks.

Good points but beware, absence doesn't always make the heart grow fonder. I took a 1 year break from playing darts, didn't miss it, got used to spending the money on things I actually needed and never went back. 9 years on, I still don't miss playing

Just to be clear... it's not because of Pearson you aren't going to renew?

Realistically barring anything major until the end of the season, for example losing everyone of our remaining games, then having Pearson as our manager next season would be a reason to renew. This is not because I think the man is a genius or a god but because I want a little bit of consistancey. Yes I do question his tactics and decisions sometimes but that would be the case for any manager in charge. I am worried a new manager would open up another circus (Sven).

The "brains" at LCFC are going to need a major re think on pricing from now on, especially if we don't go up, .or there could be a severe hemorrhaging of support due to the on going economic situation and the under achievement of our overpaid players.

Sadly it's not just at Leicester, it's pretty much the same everywhere. I know obviously our main concern is LCFC. But you are correct with what you say. This will cheer the better atmosphere mob up no end. So sad that football is no longer a working class game. It's losing its real core and heart.

Good points but beware, absence doesn't always make the heart grow fonder. I took a 1 year break from playing darts, didn't miss it, got used to spending the money on things I actually needed and never went back. 9 years on, I still don't miss playing

Hmmm perhaps you are right. Although football has been part of my life for aslong as I can remember. I am sure you weren't playing darts at the ages of 3-4 :P but I do understand your point. Football will always be in my blood, I have always watched it, whether on the t.v or playing for a local team. I think I just need something to kick my arse back into gear, so to speak. A play off win would be nice. :scarf:

I find it very difficult not going to watch the games as much now. Of course its a little different with living 170 miles away but i really do miss it. I miss listurning to the matches on the radio (I know I could buy Foxes Player, but you need a computer for that and I dont have one) so all I can depend on is either Sky Sports/BBC or on here.

But in answer to your question I miss going to the football every other week more than anything. The excitment of walking to the ground, having a couple of drinks with mates before the game.

If you can afford to go, I would go if I was you. If it wasnt so expensive to get off this Island I would buy a season ticket next season, buts its over £100 just for me to get to and from Leicester, let alone the match tickets etc.

Thanks.

I have been thinking the exact same thing as you my friend! I love going down to watch Leicester and have been a season ticket holder for 5-6 years now and even before i went to the majority of the games, but now i feel as though theres something missing matchdays just aint the same. My main reason would be the prices next season would be my last year as a under 22 but after that there is a huge jump in prices and i dread to think what they would be if we do get promoted! In the last 2 seasons we have had our saturday games moved here n there it is really making me think wether to renew or not!

Part of being a fan is belonging to a group of passionate enthusiasts with the same ideals, common pain points and common euphoria points (will never forget driving home from playoff final when Claridge "shinned" it in!). You don't have to have a season ticket to belong but having skin in the game makes it all the more thrilling.

I've lived abroad for almost ten years now, and for the first 3 i kept my season ticket going, stupidly thinking i would travel 600 miles plus cross the channel regularly - it didn't happen. Now when I get to games, its not quite the same.....

keep your ticket if you can - spend less at the boozer!

I find it very difficult not going to watch the games as much now. Of course its a little different with living 170 miles away but i really do miss it. I miss listurning to the matches on the radio (I know I could buy Foxes Player, but you need a computer for that and I dont have one) so all I can depend on is either Sky Sports/BBC or on here.

But in answer to your question I miss going to the football every other week more than anything. The excitment of walking to the ground, having a couple of drinks with mates before the game.

If you can afford to go, I would go if I was you. If it wasnt so expensive to get off this Island I would buy a season ticket next season, buts its over £100 just for me to get to and from Leicester, let alone the match tickets etc.

In comparison my problems and difficulties seem next to nothing compared to yourself and any other foxes fans who have moved away. I am lucky that I don't live too far from the stadium and I could possibly still afford to make it week in week out. The excitement you talk about it what I miss. It used to be such a "buzz." But that seems to have faded and thats my issue. The more I think about it, the more I believe its because of the lack of Saturday fixtures but time will tell I suppose.

My original plan was too hand pick home and away games I want to go to. Home games on Saturdays and aways for a weekend away or a good night out. This of course would be more expensive, so would completely cross off the idea of money being an issue! Anyway, I hope you can make more games in the future mate :thumbup:

I have been thinking the exact same thing as you my friend! I love going down to watch Leicester and have been a season ticket holder for 5-6 years now and even before i went to the majority of the games, but now i feel as though theres something missing matchdays just aint the same. My main reason would be the prices next season would be my last year as a under 22 but after that there is a huge jump in prices and i dread to think what they would be if we do get promoted! In the last 2 seasons we have had our saturday games moved here n there it is really making me think wether to renew or not!

I had the same problem a couple of years ago with the price hike but I felt at the time it was worth it. I can only see the fixtures being moved even more next season, especially if we don't get promoted as we will surely be one of the favourites if we keep the core of our team. If you have one more season at under 22 I would 100% renew. After that who knows... we could be in the top flight by then :scarf:

Part of being a fan is belonging to a group of passionate enthusiasts with the same ideals, common pain points and common euphoria points (will never forget driving home from playoff final when Claridge "shinned" it in!). You don't have to have a season ticket to belong but having skin in the game makes it all the more thrilling.

I've lived abroad for almost ten years now, and for the first 3 i kept my season ticket going, stupidly thinking i would travel 600 miles plus cross the channel regularly - it didn't happen. Now when I get to games, its not quite the same.....

keep your ticket if you can - spend less at the boozer!

As mentioned above, it does put my complaints into perspective. As a kid I used to LOVE going to any game, even a family night fixture but that was because I didn't go down so often. Now things are too easy for me. If I lived miles away like yourself I would certainly miss the football but I don't want to go to that extreme to get the buzz back haha. Over the last 4-5 seasons I have had my season ticket, we have been a nearly team. Perhaps if we were to have a "Claridge's shin" moment or even a Play Off final appearance, it would certainly help build that euphoria that we are lacking at the moment.

Im in the same scenario.

Ive had an ST for 20 odd year(since Brian Little's blue and white army)

Ive lost the love for football in general.

In the olde days a weekend wouyd be spoilt if we lost,nowadays im not that bothered.

I'd look forward to waking upon the morning of games,now i dread a 20 min drive and the hassle to park,being cold and watching abunch of overpaid blokes kicking abag of air.

Ive lost the passion,i couldnt even tell you what our next 3 games are,in the past i knew the whole season fixtures!

Perhaps i've got more important priorities,but i wont be shelling out £450+ for football again..although if we Do get promotion!! :unsure:

It might help with no football being on this summer. as it always seems ages when the season finishes to it starting again. But I think I must be the only LCFC fan who want us to be on Sky more than we are now..... :ph34r:

You think about not going now, but trust me, when you know City are playing, and at home and you start to think about being there amongst the crowd singing until your voice is going. then you will realise that you miss it, and go and get a Season Ticket at the extra cost.

The other option is of course looking at the Season Ticket as a direct debit over say 6 months. I did this and got it in march when the Early Bird came out (paying adult prices), and then by August/September it was all paid off anyway.

Im in the same scenario.

Ive had an ST for 20 odd year(since Brian Little's blue and white army)

Ive lost the love for football in general.

In the olde days a weekend wouyd be spoilt if we lost,nowadays im not that bothered.

I'd look forward to waking upon the morning of games,now i dread a 20 min drive and the hassle to park,being cold and watching abunch of overpaid blokes kicking abag of air.

Ive lost the passion,i couldnt even tell you what our next 3 games are,in the past i knew the whole season fixtures!

Perhaps i've got more important priorities,but i wont be shelling out £450+ for football again..although if we Do get promotion!! :unsure:

That statement there is pretty much what me and my mates have been saying. But I feel awful and almost a "glory supporter." But it will make the constant moaning, debating and in general a disapointing season, on a personal level all worth while. I remember the glory days so fondly under MON. I unfortunately didn't go to as many as I wish but as a kid walking into Filbert Street was the thing I looked forward to weeks in advance of the game.Perhaps I take it all for granted these days and I suppose really as I've got older it's slowly all gone downhill. I just want that buzz back!

It might help with no football being on this summer. as it always seems ages when the season finishes to it starting again. But I think I must be the only LCFC fan who want us to be on Sky more than we are now..... :ph34r:

You think about not going now, but trust me, when you know City are playing, and at home and you start to think about being there amongst the crowd singing until your voice is going. then you will realise that you miss it, and go and get a Season Ticket at the extra cost.

The other option is of course looking at the Season Ticket as a direct debit over say 6 months. I did this and got it in march when the Early Bird came out (paying adult prices), and then by August/September it was all paid off anyway.

Yeah you are right about it seeming an age for the season to start. Plus I love the build up to the season, knowing I will be there on the opening day (transfers and speculation). My concern is missing something spectacular aswell by not having a season ticket. One benefit is getting tickets before general sale, which meant last season I literally picked up one of the last Chelsea away tickets. Although we lost it was a cracking day. I have done the direct debit scheme before and I will thank whoever bought that idea in, because it possibly has helped gain an extra few thousand ST holders. The more I am talking about this, the more it's already making me want to renew now...

* Oh and with regards to the sky comment, I don't mind being on Sky if we are away from home, as I can't make too many, so selfishly I would benefit.

Thanks.

I have already emailed Leicester City regarding the fact I will NOT be renewing my season ticket next season purely because i have lost so many matches due to midweek fixtures for sky bloody TV I have been following the foxes since 1969 so it isn't down to the manger we have or anything like that it's for the reason of not many saturday matches this season it does not warrent me purchasing a season ticket when i miss over half of the home fixtures END OF !!!!!

Realistically barring anything major until the end of the season, for example losing everyone of our remaining games, then having Pearson as our manager next season would be a reason to renew.

Shocking... I thought everyone was jumping ship next year because of him.

That statement there is pretty much what me and my mates have been saying. But I feel awful and almost a "glory supporter." But it will make the constant moaning, debating and in general a disapointing season, on a personal level all worth while. I remember the glory days so fondly under MON. I unfortunately didn't go to as many as I wish but as a kid walking into Filbert Street was the thing I looked forward to weeks in advance of the game.Perhaps I take it all for granted these days and I suppose really as I've got older it's slowly all gone downhill. I just want that buzz back!

We as City fans have seen enough shit to warrant watching us in the"big time" so we dont have to justify it! (dont mean it will guarantee it being worth watching tho!!!)

To the Op-your still young and should be enthusiastic and full of passion.....plenty of years ahed of you to be bitter and twisted like Zingari and me!!!

Shocking... I thought everyone was jumping ship next year because of him.

Thought it was cos of Wellens!

I have already emailed Leicester City regarding the fact I will NOT be renewing my season ticket next season purely because i have lost so many matches due to midweek fixtures for sky bloody TV I have been following the foxes since 1969 so it isn't down to the manger we have or anything like that it's for the reason of not many saturday matches this season it does not warrent me purchasing a season ticket when i miss over half of the home fixtures END OF !!!!!

Good on you mate! Me and my mate have certainly thought of doing this, just for a good rant more than anything. It p*sses me off that we are losing our core supporters. People like yourself, who have followed the foxes since the late 60's now miss out. People like yourself, my dad and others are the fans who have help keep this club running and who are the ones passing the love of the club down to further generations etc etc. If it wasn't for my dad I'd have probably ended up supporting any of the glory supporting clubs but luckily he sorted me out early in life.

Football in general is out pricing all the core fans. It's now aimed at the prawn sandwhich brigades and families. Wheres the loyalty to the 18-30 lads/ladies gone? Or the thanks to the older generation? I am all for bringing the youngersters down but it is the generation of today who makes the difference. We buy the pies, shit lager and crappy kits. We buy the tickets to matches. This is why so many fans are walking away from the game..

Having had all the Little and MON years and spending lotsa time in the Spions, I now take my disabled mum down to the games. I go as her carer and it would be fair to say she loves going more than I do.

The price we pay per season is fantastic value and I thank the club for this.

If I didn't go as mum's carer there is no way I would pay for a season ticket. Simply, I'd struggle to afford it and something else would have to be a priority financially.

The more I am actually talking about this, the more it's making me want to renew. Not taken much arm twisting to be honest. As Raj has pointed out, I am still young and should be full of passion. I think with a few more Saturday games, a play off final win and a summer break away from football will help. Not too much to ask is it? :thumbup:

Thanks.

Agree with a lot you've pointed out here, I'm also in the boat of considering whether to renew...countless things have sent football into a downward spiral. I've been a ST holder for just over 10 years and with all these fixture re-arrangements and work clashes, I don't know if its worth the hassle anymore.

My take on things. Could be a long one...

I'm the same age as the original poster and my situation is similar. I was a season ticket holder for 10 years but I didn't bother this year, mainly because of the prices. I had a full adult season ticket for the first time last year and the price jump from an Under 22's season ticket was very significant. The prices went up again this year and I didn't see the justification for the rise. I have thought for a long time that ticket prices in this country are too expensive but year after year I would continue to pay the very prices I was moaning about. This year I stopped. I haven't been to any game where I would have had to pay more than £20 for a ticket (with the exception of Cardiff on Tuesday where I paid £21, although the free pie, pint & scarf were a welcome surprise when we got to the ground). £20 is as much as I personally think any team should be charging an adult to watch Championship football. Others may disagree but that's what I've decided to stick to.

The upshot is that I've not seen us play very many times this year & that has been difficult, especially because I've been used to goinng week in, week out for the last 10 years. I miss it like mad. I've certainly not lost any passion for the game or my team. I hate not being at the games. It's difficult to join in with all the 'what's our best 11/who should play/who should be dropped?' chat when you haven't been to a game for while too. I feel like a part-time supporter. But I'm also glad to be standing up for my principles on football ticket pricing.

The dilemma of all dilemmas is what to do next season, especially if we go up (very hypothetical at this stage). If we get promotion then prices will certainly go up again, and that would be justifiable as we would be watching Premier League football every week. I understand this and I would be prepared to pay slightly more in the Prem than I would to watch a Championship game but I still very much doubt that our matchday or season ticket prices would be what I consider to be reasonable. I want to stick to my principles and just go to the games that I feel are reasonably priced but at the same time I want to see my team every week. It's been 9 years since we've been in the top-flight and it could be another 9 or more years til we get there again so should I abandon my principles and get a season ticket? I feel like I'd be cutting off my nose to spite my face if I stay away.

The way I feel at the moment, I won't be getting a season ticket next year, regardless of the division we're in. I feel that prices will only come down if people refuse to pay the ever-increasing prices that we have been presented with over the last 10/20 years, vote with their feet & say enough is enough. I'm fed up of sterile grounds, poor atmospheres and games being moved for tv at great inconvenience to the fans who go down to the games, support the team and part with their money on a regular basis. I feel undervalued as a supporter and I don't like to see the loyalty of the fans' abused as I feel it is by English clubs who think we'll pay whatever they charge us. So I probably won't be getting a season ticket next year but I still care about the club as much as I ever have.

Archived