Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicesterlad1989

This season & next season.

I doubt i'll bother getting one next season (might change if we're in the prem). Travelling from Newcastle is fine on a Saturday, but midweek just kills me even though i've been to most Tuesday night games, and any game that's on SKY i can't justify the train prices when i can go down the pub. In both the Leeds and Sheff Wed games i was wondering why i bothered making all the effort, but then again we have had a poor spell of form.

Unless they bring back student prices, there is not much chance at all i'll get one. I would have been much better off going to every game this season and paying on the door then getting a ST. I can see a huge loss in ST holders next season unless we get promoted. The fans have been treated like shit (albeit not LCFC's fault) and the thought of watching Championship football for another season is not inspiring me.

People should think themselves lucky they've seen some success. I've seen promotion to the Prem when I was 8, and only went to a few games and promotion to the Championship. Don't know if i'm losing my love for it but really can't be arsed with another season in this league.

I do actually worry what our season ticket numbers will be next season. From what people are writing on this message board and what I hear in the ground, it does sound as though our numbers will drop. Next season could go one of two ways; We don't get promoted and our attendances seriously drop or we gain promotion and our attendances significantly increase. Either way I think the owners will be in for a shock next season.

I don't go to enough games to make a season ticket worthwhile as I live 70 miles away. With around 14,000 season ticket holders that means about 8,000, on average, pay per game. I realise that includes away fans. I'm assuming the average ticket price is about £30.

So 8000 punters paying £30 per game for 23 games is £5.5 million

If they halved the price to £15, would another 8000 people turn up? If they did, they'd be quids in, and our average attendance would be 29,000.

That's another 8000 people buying merchandise and drinks too. A fiver per head, say, brings in another million quid or so.

It's somewhat frightening to think that the £5.5 million I mention only pays for five players on 20k per week

This is rather early for the predictable renew/not renew thread.

Why not wait until you know what division we are in and what the prices are or is that too difficult a concept?

If we are promoted and long highlights can be watched on Sky then that is likely to impact attendance figures.

I to feel that the time might be arriving when I decide not to renew my season ticket. Our club owners tell us of an enhanced matchday experience but I am not feeling it. For me to many weekday matches can make getting to the ground a bit of a chore and there is very little pre or post match activity, straight from work to the game and then from the game to home and bed. Weekends are for sports either saturday or sunday practically any time works for me. I want to enjoy being a supporter of LCFC I dont like moaning.

The upcoming yoof is the life and soul of our club.

We need the passion of the younger generation.

For all our moaning and groaning and for every half wit fan on here we do have some really decent fans.

Without the fans the club would be nowhere.

Its interesting times to be a City fan,it may not result to anything but atleast its better than your average CChip club with no money.

Owners have invested in the club AND the squad there is no doubt,they aint changed our kit to red and they havent renamed us Tigers.

Its upto the players and management to buck up grow some balls and do now what they did in Jan.

Ignite the fire from within and show the passion that we,as Shitty fans know we can!....I still aint renewing next year though!!

Dont know if you would agree but I feel the no saturday games affect those planning on taking the kids greatly.I go to matches with my daughter and due to after school and other stuff thursday night and saturday are the only times we can go.Therefore seen very little live footy this year.Plus there is the late night school next day,cold winter evenings very easy to put the radio or TV on.Gonna keep on hurting the attendance and atmosphere.

This is rather early for the predictable renew/not renew thread.

Why not wait until you know what division we are in and what the prices are or is that too difficult a concept?

If we are promoted and long highlights can be watched on Sky then that is likely to impact attendance figures.

Thank you for insulting my intelligence. Although the main debate is about renewing my season ticket next season, the actual main concern is the lack of enthusiasm I currently have due to the factors mentioned above, i.e. Lack of Saturday fixtures.

I will support Leicester no matter what division we are in, so although I'd rather not watch Championship football again next season, I will IF I somehow get that "buzz" back again.

As for the waiting for the prices - I will waited until they are announced but I think we are all right to assume that they will go up judging by the last few season or at best freeze at the current price.

Guest Foxin_mad

I think the buzz about football has gone full stop its sad, the prospect of going to Wembley is not even as exciting any more as it was in the 90s.I have been a season ticket holder since 1992 but am seriously considering not renewing this year. I have missed 6 games due to work, 1 due to snow and have had to suffer a number of irritating reschedules to contend with, it is very difficult to get from work to a game when its is not a Saturday fixture. Loyal supporters are treated like second class citizens. Unless the price is cut or the number of Saturdays are guaranteed it will not be economically viable.

• 2 months later...

Well I waited until the end of the season and pretty much the last minute but decided not to renew. The woman I spoke to on the phone made it difficult for me. I almost felt guilty for cancelling it!

Anyone else decided not to renew and any reason why?

Same here I got a phone call asking why I had not renewed so far. I told the woman that I was fed up with the fixtures constantly being changed at the whim of Sky, and that only seven saturday 3pm kick offs was just not good enough for me as I missed so many mid week matches last season.

She told me that there was no way she could say the same would not happen this year so reluctantly I told her modern football has changed my perspective and that it is no longer a top priority so unless things change back to being about the fans and not Sky I was not interested.

Having said that City will always by my team and I dare say I will go down selected matches next season. One thing I did not say to her was that an added reason for my no renewel was having not much faith in the present set up to get us promoted , but that was a major reason for me.

Archived