Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Sousa & Pearson - Last 9 Games.

For me the only reason that we haven't conceded more under NP and had a similar defensive record to that of Sousa is that we've played such rubbish sides in this run.

We've lost to teams that are woeful .... the run with sousa,as someone previously pointed out, was against strong opposition not such weak opposition.

We conceded 3 to Palace, who finished 20th. 3 at Burnley, who we beat 4-0 at home in the next April. We let in 6 at Portsmouth, who hadn't won a game before that.

We conceded 3 to Palace, who finished 20th. 3 at Burnley, who we beat 4-0 at home in the next April. We let in 6 at Portsmouth, who hadn't won a game before that.

Weren't the rest Cardiff, Brighton, and two other top six finishers though?? I read this in another thread yesterday and thought it was pretty relevant - but you're right - I'd almost eliminated the 6 against Pompey from memory!!!!

I'm broadly with cc_star on this but I'll add here what I've said elsewhere.

That 9 game run under Sousa included games against Cardiff,Reading (who both made the play-offs),QPR and Norwich (who both went up automatically).

The equivalent run under Pearson has seen is face one side (Cardiff) in the top 10.

It's not only the style of football and manner of defeats that's hurting but who we're losing to. 8 of the 9 sides we've played have been utter shit.

Stats don't mean anything NFP has supposedly the best win percentage ratio of any City manager but is he better than MON, Matt Gillies or Micky Adams no.

You have to judge a manager on their credentials what level they have managed at, how successful they were at that level, what they have achieved in the game.

Hisproper ratio is championship not inflatedby Div 1

I'm broadly with cc_star on this but I'll add here what I've said elsewhere.

That 9 game run under Sousa included games against Cardiff,Reading (who both made the play-offs),QPR and Norwich (who both went up automatically).

The equivalent run under Pearson has seen is face one side (Cardiff) in the top 10.

It's not only the style of football and manner of defeats that's hurting but who we're losing to. 8 of the 9 sides we've played have been utter shit.

Thanks!!! I was badly quoting your facts in this thread and couldn't find where I'd read them!!!!

Pearson's win percentage absolutely crucifies any other manager we've had in the past 10 years though. I agree this run is absolutely appalling but comparing him to Sousa is harsh, there's so many differences from the two situations it's untrue - that is Sousa's only run of his career here, Pearson's is a shocking run mixed in with what, 150 games in charge of us? There was absolutely no sign it was going to change under Sousa, the fact he's ended up at Videoton speaks volumes.

This past two months is quite frankly the lowest I've ever thought of Pearson, but he isn't an idiot and I think he'll treat the Millwall game like it's the first game of the season, personally, it'll almost be a fresh start.

Archived