Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricky Hill

If we miss out on the top 6

I can only see us stealing a manager from another club, the managers available at the minute don't offer much, likes of Curbishley, Hughes, McDermott have had success in the past, but the fans wouldn't want somebody like that.

We will have to steal someone like, Powell, Jackett, Rosler, Solskjaer(at a push), Gary Rowett ;)

If Jackett came near to this club I would seriously consider going again under his reign

I'm negative? The chap above believes over half the squad will desert us if Pearson leaves, I point out how well Hull have done and I'm negative!

You were backing up your point earlier by cancelling out 10 wins!!! lol

So basically, if Pearson goes and we get a new manager it will be a total rebuild of the team again.

Theres realistically gonna have to be a fair amount of transfer activity even if NFP stays. Wellens Gallagher Vardy etc all need to be gotten rid of and replaced and theres a reasonable chance that our better players like Kasper and Morgan will be poached by Premier teams. The idea that a new manager will sign a bunch of new players is not a reason to stick with NFP.. What we need is a manager with a similar style of play to what we have now. (or at least had pre february). Sousas short reign was a disaster because he completely changed the playing style similarily things really went downhill under Taylor when he started to implement a different style to O' Neils midway through his first season. There doesnt need to be a total change as were not in a terrible state but we do need somebody to take us to the next level. I dont believe Pearson is that man.

Theres realistically gonna have to be a fair amount of transfer activity even if NFP stays. Wellens Gallagher Vardy etc all need to be gotten rid of and replaced and theres a reasonable chance that our better players like Kasper and Morgan will be poached by Premier teams. The idea that a new manager will sign a bunch of new players is not a reason to stick with NFP.. What we need is a manager with a similar style of play to what we have now. (or at least had pre february). Sousas short reign was a disaster because he completely changed the playing style similarily things really went downhill under Taylor when he started to implement a different style to O' Neils midway through his first season. There doesnt need to be a total change as were not in a terrible state but we do need somebody to take us to the next level. I dont believe Pearson is that man.

Very good post and agree with this point for me the philosophy pre hoofball was working wonders we need a manager with the strength of conviction to see it through and obviously have the required qualities to get us promotion.

Yes i'd keep him for stability. He deserves another chance next season.

Im fed up of seeing different managers and getting nowhere

Compared to other clubs, most notably Southampton and Reading of late, then Pearson has been given about enough time now, if not more. It's now starting to make the miserly amount of time Sven was given here look like a bit of a joke and nothing more than a panic sacking! Why they haven't done the same with Pearson is perhaps a bit of a mystery now!

While I agree that constant chopping and changing of the management and backroom staff isn't the answer, then I now seriously wonder what the alternative now is - keep NP and co. on in the vague hope they can turn around an inexplicably demoralised team that looked dead certs to cement second spot only two months ago?! The fact that only today Sean St Ledger was loaned out to our conquering opponents this evening only serves to raise further questions over Pearson's decision making and the fact that he appears to have his favourites in the team still, whether they're off form or not! Memories of what happened to the likes of Max Gradel and Wayne Brown come flooding back now!

Granted, if this was 20 - or even 15 years ago - then Pearson would still be here next season without doubt - regardless of this one's outcome - but back then we struggled to keep our managers of course (Brian Little, Mark McGhee and O'Neill anybody?!) while also not having the mixed blessing of strictly business minded foreign owners at the helm - who are surely hell bent on just making as much money as possible by getting us to the Prem. at all costs - and perhaps using the fact that "they care" about us a smokescreen?!

Archived