Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricky Hill

If we miss out on the top 6

Do even the staunchest Pearson supporters accept its time for him to go?

I'm firmly believe that he should've gone a couple of games ago.

And before the subject of stability is raised, yes, I want stability, but with the right manager. Pearson isn't that man, in my opinion.

Do even the staunchest Pearson supporters accept its time for him to go?

I'm firmly believe that he should've gone a couple of games ago.

And before the subject of stability is raised, yes, I want stability, but with the right manager. Pearson isn't that man, in my opinion.

Who is the right manager in your view? And how long do you think is an acceptable to gain promotion? Say your choice comes in and we fail to go up next season what then?

Serious question.

Nope, not unless they find someone suited to the club with better credentials than him. He's the man if they can't, always will be for me.

Exactly this. He has taken us in the right direction since rejoining. (Only thing that is sad is that we were second, but I would take a top 6 finish as I would have prior to the season starting).

Last thing we need is a revolving door again. See Blackburn.

Nah keep him. We've chopped and changed managers so much over the last decade and it's not worked. When will we learn?

I agree with this. It's not a good thing chopping and changing all the time.

Im fed up of seeing different managers and getting nowhere

Pretty much this actually. I don't think Pearson deserves to stay, but he may be the lesser of two evils. If nothing else it will be an interesting experiment to just persist with a manager regardless of results for a long period of time. We can't do much worse than we have done in the last ten years, so why not give it a go.

But on what basis do we keep him? He's totally changed the squad, and we are in danger of getting less points than last season?

Is this good enough? Even if he beats last seasons total is it good enough if we finish outside the play offs?

I wouldn't mind if we had spent most of the season in the bottom half and were dashing up the table, but we have spent a good portion of the season looking like we should be top 2 for goodness sake!!!!!! But when push comes to shove Pearson has lost it!!!! There is not even a single glimmer that would make me think he can improve us any more.... Not one.

Nope, not unless they find someone suited to the club with better credentials than him. He's the man if they can't, always will be for me.

Pray tell me what are these mythical "credentials" ? have our expectations fallen so low that winning the third division is IT? If he sent me his CV I would bite my lip to stop laughing..the man is a busted flush.. and you know what? he knows it..

Of the managers in the top 6 only Malkay MacKay has been in post longer. 3 months longer.

The same can be said for a lot of the clubs fighting relegation. Means nothing.

It is hardly like we are under the Mandy regime of firing managers every couple of months.

These owners we have now have been fair with managers given them sufficient time and backing imo to make us promotion candidates so if they sack NP you cannot really say it is not fair.

But I wouldn't get rid not unless we have someone lined up who is a better manager at this level i.e someone that can lead team/teams to getting promotion at this level.

Pray tell me what are these mythical "credentials" ? have our expectations fallen so low that winning the third division is IT? If he sent me his CV I would bite my lip to stop laughing..the man is a busted flush.. and you know what? he knows it..

Controlling a wage bill and building a sustainable future? Would you even be thinking about Premier League had Sven still been here blowing the cash the Thai's have offered? We'd all be crying for a new Mandaric to come and save us I feel had we seen another season of lavish spending. Can I remind people that we still have the best defence in the champ and have only ever lost games by one goal? We're in the top six for christ sake!

I wouldn't mind if we had spent most of the season in the bottom half and were dashing up the table, but we have spent a good portion of the season looking like we should be top 2 for goodness sake!!!!!!

Read that back to yourself and have a think about it.

is one full season enough time for him 2 make his mark? feels like he is still building his team

regardless of where we finish, I'd give him another pre season, and I'd actually be excited about who he brings in as I trust him fully with player recruitment.

And for those wanting him out, what realistic candidates are there? and do we really want another manager/player turnover?

I consider myself in the category of the 'staunchest Pearson supporter' and so therefore this question is aimed at me.

...and my response is no - I don't accept it's time for him to go. He's taken us to our highest levels over the last decade and, with the third youngest squad in the Football League, we've made significant improvements on recent years.

On this basis not only do I think sacking him would be a stupid idea - I still haven't seen a reasonable explanation put forward by those who want to sack him.

The only argument appears to be that we don't go up - we finished ninth last season - why do you think we have a God given right to promotion?

What's more all your negativity is serving the side no use.

Who is the right manager in your view? And how long do you think is an acceptable to gain promotion? Say your choice comes in and we fail to go up next season what then?

Serious question.

It's a fair enough question. First of all though, whatever we think about the team and the manager, we all want the same thing, which is us competing successfully at the highest level.

I don't know who I'd like to see come in, but I think it needs to be a good man manager. A guy who can put their arm around a player and fill him with confidence, but on the other hand, turn round and give someone a rollicking! I don't think Pearson can do that, too many examples of spats and arguments.

Whatever happens, I just want us back in the top flight and giving us something to cheer about. The last 10 games have been completely unacceptable.

Controlling a wage bill and building a sustainable future? Would you even be thinking about Premier League had Sven still been here blowing the cash the Thai's have offered? We'd all be crying for a new Mandaric to come and save us I feel had we seen another season of lavish spending. Can I remind people that we still have the best defence in the champ and have only ever lost games by one goal? We're in the top six for christ sake!

When you have to spin our defeats and grade them in defence of Pearson, I rest my case.. so if we lose every game "by the odd goal" your happy ? great..

Archived