Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricky Hill

If we miss out on the top 6

It's a fair enough question. First of all though, whatever we think about the team and the manager, we all want the same thing, which is us competing successfully at the highest level.

I don't know who I'd like to see come in, but I think it needs to be a good man manager. A guy who can put their arm around a player and fill him with confidence, but on the other hand, turn round and give someone a rollicking! I don't think Pearson can do that, too many examples of spats and arguments.

Whatever happens, I just want us back in the top flight and giving us something to cheer about. The last 10 games have been completely unacceptable.

It's a fair enough question. First of all though, whatever we think about the team and the manager, we all want the same thing, which is us competing successfully at the highest level.

I don't know who I'd like to see come in, but I think it needs to be a good man manager. A guy who can put their arm around a player and fill him with confidence, but on the other hand, turn round and give someone a rollicking! I don't think Pearson can do that, too many examples of spats and arguments.

Whatever happens, I just want us back in the top flight and giving us something to cheer about. The last 10 games have been completely unacceptable.

When you have to spin our defeats and grade them in defence of Pearson, I rest my case.. so if we lose every game "by the odd goal" your happy ? great..

Christ mate I'm not even going to argue with that, as a loyal supporter of course that's not what I want. Read the fvcking post not what you want to read. Go to bed and wake up happy. CuddlyKen might even sort you out if you ask nicely.

I've supported Pearson for most of this season, but our form and the thought of dropping out of the top six worries me an awful lot, it's hard thinking about it.

To play so well for the majority of the season, then chuck it away in the last few months would be heartbreaking.

He has made too many mistakes in my opinion this season, and seems lost of what to do next. I honestly believe he should of added to the squad more, 19 players at this stage of the season is not good enough, the players look mentally and physically drained, and the season is starting to take it's toll. I would love to see us try and turn it around again, but I just can't see it, Pearson looks like he has ran out of ideas, and so do the players.

Finish outside the play-offs then he has to go, I would be sad, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. With Adkins getting a job, I would literally only like to see one man get the job, and people may not agree, but I would love us to make a move for Chris Powell, the fans love him at this club, he is a very decent up and coming manager, and he is doing a stable job at Charlton.

I've supported Pearson for most of this season, but our form and the thought of dropping out of the top six worries me an awful lot, it's hard thinking about it.

To play so well for the majority of the season, then chuck it away in the last few months would be heartbreaking.

He has made too many mistakes in my opinion this season, and seems lost of what to do next. I honestly believe he should of added to the squad more, 19 players at this stage of the season is not good enough, the players look mentally and physically drained, and the season is starting to take it's toll. I would love to see us try and turn it around again, but I just can't see it, Pearson looks like he has ran out of ideas, and so do the players.

Finish outside the play-offs then he has to go, I would be sad, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. With Adkins getting a job, I would literally only like to see one man get the job, and people may not agree, but I would love us to make a move for Chris Powell, the fans love him at this club, he is a very decent up and coming manager, and he is doing a stable job at Charlton.

Yeah lets get Chris Powell , lovely fella and granted to get us up.....

Listen, i love Chris Powell but he's no better than what we have

If we fail to make the top 6 I could understand a sacking. Personally I'd like him to be in charge next season though. I think he's a great squad builder and I'd like to see 3 or 4 more additions which I think could leave us with an excellent squad.

I'm not under any illusion that what we have seen over the last 10 is good enough though. But in parts this season we have shown real promise and played some excellent stuff.

After the last few games before tonight I was wondering if he should go but tonight was better just by showing the passion and bite to get involved (althought going down to 10 men is hard to give true verdit) I think we have missed matty james badly in that midfield.

Onto Pearson should he go or not? If we sack him now or at end of season we spend another pre season hunting a manager, letting him settle, time to adjust squad, bringing players in.

If he stays the players have a year on his ways and he can add to the squad as fully expect likes of beckford and danns to go with maybe Gallagher and wellens. This frees money up and new players to come in.

What manager is there to bring in that can do better and dont say anyone can as whoever comes in will want to spend loads to turn squad around and it will be just another gamble of it paying off!

Forget di matteo he will never come to us and why would he?

Adkins is gone and fully think McDermott will go to Leeds or a prem team coming down. So warnock could be available but again a gamble as did well with qpr but what's he done at Leeds?

I do understand the frustration of ppl and believe me my other half is a forest fan and is loving out blip at moment with their form!! So getting alot of stick!!

Sorry to ramble on but think ppl should think long and hard about the future and if we REALLY would be better off with a another Sven Mk2 coming in?!

I can only see us stealing a manager from another club, the managers available at the minute don't offer much, likes of Curbishley, Hughes, McDermott have had success in the past, but the fans wouldn't want somebody like that.

We will have to steal someone like, Powell, Jackett, Rosler, Solskjaer(at a push), Gary Rowett ;)

So if we sack Pearson, when he gets appointed to a new job how many of our better players will he take with him like he did with Hull.

Pearson gone, how many players that like he's style of management would want to stay?

We have a very young squad that have played some great football this year but are still inexperienced and first season as a team and the pressure has got to them plus fatigue of only having a small squad.

So basically, if Pearson goes and we get a new manager it will be a total rebuild of the team again.

The likes of Knockart, Kasper, Morgan, Wood, Nuge will all be off and there's the spine of your team gone.

Tactically Pearson has made mistakes the last ten games but it's not all down to him. I personally think we've missed James the last however many games he's been out. Thought he played well tonight.

I would love nothing more then for us to make the play offs and go up, however I don't think as a team we are ready.

Give Pearson another season and another summer of transfers and if we can keep key players and get rid of the dead wood like Beckford, Danns, Wellens etc and add some more quality signings that we know Peason can find then I think next season we would rip this league apart.

I just hope if we don't go up we can keep hold of our better players and don't need a full rebuild again as I don't think the Thais would fund it.

Keep the Faith.

Archived