Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Pearson to be Sacked.

Rubbish.

Your opinion looked a little silly in January and it will look silly again. Pearson is a good manager, he has built a strong squad and whilst it looks like he is about to be sacked that is no proof that you were right about his managerial ability, I'm confident that Pearson will go elsewhere if we make a silly mistake today and that he'll do a very good job there, just as he did with us first time around, with Hull and as he would do here if he was afforded this one poor run, which he should be considering everything he's done for us. Of course Leicester fans aren't like that, they want any manager gone at the first sign of trouble. Anyway the point is that you've got no right to say you're correct about Pearson yet, I mean even short term you thought that this season we'd be nowhere near, others like myself thought we'd be in the Play-Offs, it's not like that's impossible even if he does stay in the job.

I'm afraid it's you that is looking silly.

If you look at the season as a whole it has been poor interspersed with 2 runs of 5 victories.

I do wonder just how far we have to drop before some of you finally see the light.

So the whole, Play-Offs with Weale, Morrison, Brown, Hobbs, Berner, Oakley, King, Wellens, Dyer, Fryatt, Howard thing didn't impress you?

Not really because it ended in FAILURE - the day City fans realise the play offs is a crock of shite and not the be all and end all of the season will be a better one IMO - top 2 is what counts in this division the rest is a lottery and frankly, with the biggest budget a FAILURE - so no.

So the whole, Play-Offs with Weale, Morrison, Brown, Hobbs, Berner, Oakley, King, Wellens, Dyer, Fryatt, Howard thing didn't impress you?

He got us back from our lowest point, there are a few other managers that have brought teams straight back up as well, it doesn't make you a messiah for life, or it shouldn't.

Guest Foxin_mad

Not really because it ended in FAILURE - the day City fans realise the play offs is a crock of shite and not the be all and end all of the season will be a better one IMO - top 2 is what counts in this division the rest is a lottery and frankly, with the biggest budget a FAILURE - so no.

At least you now admit Sven was a failure as he was 2 Points OUTSIDE the Playoffs that are a crock of shite, and 10 points off the top 2.

He got us back from our lowest point, there are a few other managers that have brought teams straight back up as well, it doesn't make you a messiah for life, or it shouldn't.

Seems it does in some peoples eyes, apparently he can do no wrong and I'm also wondering how low we have to go before they wake up and smell the coffee, it does not matter one little bit were we have been this season but it sure will come 3pm on May4th and that I fear will be outside the top 6 with the jeers of several thousand Forest fans ringing in our ears!

At least you now admit Sven was a failure as he was 2 Points OUTSIDE the Playoffs that are a crock of shite, and 10 points off the top 2.

Four points of the top 2 when sacked - its an end of season thing though isn't it - If I were Pearson I would have tried something a little different yesterday but it appears he didn't - at least when Sven's team got beat it usually only took him a couple of games to get winning again and he wasn't afraid to shake things up to try and get us moving. Ultimately he was fired for not realising the expectations of the board and so either they have changed or NP will go for the same crime (only worse)

Now now, just because my opinion turned out to be right and your's is looking a little silly doesn't mean you should be all pissy.....I'd much rather he was half decent and had got us promoted, just never thought it was a possibility.

Spending most of a season in the top 6 but not the last few weeks when it counts is not an achievement, it is a failure - same as spending most of the season mid table and then finishing in the bottom 3 - it is not just that though, virtually everything you say is nonsense - he took over a team that had picked up 19 points from 39 under the old manager and that was not good enough for us now - NP's team have taken 12 from the last 39 but most alarmingly 6 from 33. None of the players bar Kasper look value for what we paid for them so where you get the increased value from I don't know?

Get rid, get someone who knows what they are doing in and lets see if the players are really any good (some are I think but many will be let go and probably not the ones you think)

That's my point - your opinion turned out to be right just like a broken clock turns out to be right twice a day. Your opinion of NP is based on something totally irrelevant, and is therefore redundant.

How is my opinion looking silly? I thought NP was doing a good job when he was, and now I think he can have no complaints should he be sacked, due to this awful form.

I know you were a big fan of Sven. Do you really want to talk about who got better value for money on the transfer market between him and NP? Seriously?

And it is disappointing to drop out of the top 6 near the end having been up there all season, but it's a bit better than never stepping foot in it for one second in the whole year you're in charge, is it not? Again, I know that you weren't happy that Sven was sacked, so apparently, being outside the top 6 for 12 whole months must be perfectly alright in your opinion, no? If spending all season in the top 6, only to drop out at the end is a failure, then what do you call never getting in the top 6 in the first place?

Go on, I'm interested to know which players you think will be kept or sold.

With the exception of MON or RDM, I don't see any other managers out there that inspire me let alone our players. Could there be better options than at present in the summer?

It was always going to be important to try and get promoted if nothing else, to help with our burgeoning £85m debts or whatever it is. This naive mismanagement of money made promotion more of a necessity for financial reasons rather than the more realistic less expensive sustainable aims of certain other clubs. However, with the exception of perhaps Morgan, none of our current crop of players (or any of Svens previous buys) are imo, of Premiership quality at this stage. So what could we reasonably expect upon promotion to happen, I suggest that unless we spent yet another huge amount of millions (our debt remember, not the Thai's) and surpassing debts in excess of QPR proportions at the same time, then the inevitable would happen.

NP's attempt at clearing the decks of expensive over-rated deadheads to replace them with 'up and coming' hungry young players with sell on value if needed, was a good and admirable plan, many of whom it has to be remembered, had no real experience of playing week in week out in a Championship side. But without the right added experience it was never going to work, particularly in midfield which I see as our main weak point. We don't know of course whether NP and his management team tried to address these issues or not with loan signings that didn't come off.

What is unacceptable is the players apparent 'lack of effort' against Barnsley. As supporters, we can forgive most things but not that. Is there a break down in relationships between NP and some of the players, who knows, but some of them might just be too big for their boots again. Marshall's attitude yesterday for example stinks.

Yes, there are also debatable issues of NP's tactics and formations etc which have been done to death.

To sum up, yes, let NP go if there is realistically a current better alternative out there, if not, what's the point? Short term feeling better by venting your anger by sacking someone might longer term, just put us on the same mediocre manager roundabout we've been on for years now.

That's my point - your opinion turned out to be right just like a broken clock turns out to be right twice a day. Your opinion of NP is based on something totally irrelevant, and is therefore redundant.

How is my opinion looking silly? I thought NP was doing a good job when he was, and now I think he can have no complaints should he be sacked, due to this awful form.

I know you were a big fan of Sven. Do you really want to talk about who got better value for money on the transfer market between him and NP? Seriously?

And it is disappointing to drop out of the top 6 near the end having been up there all season, but it's a bit better than never stepping foot in it for one second in the whole year you're in charge, is it not? Again, I know that you weren't happy that Sven was sacked, so apparently, being outside the top 6 for 12 whole months must be perfectly alright in your opinion, no? If spending all season in the top 6, only to drop out at the end is a failure, then what do you call never getting in the top 6 in the first place?

Go on, I'm interested to know which players you think will be kept or sold.

Should sell Drinkwater, Marshall, Vardy, Wellens, Gally, but will probably only get offers for Wes and Kasper......

There is something in this to be fair.

A couple or three months ago, many were banging on about top two. Now, it seems like the play-offs is the Holy Grail and, should Pearson achieve this, he's done wonders.

I still get frustrated at how so many City fans accept mediocrity as if its something brilliant.

Make no bones about it... To not even finish this season in the play-offs, given where we were is a huge failure on the part of Nige, his back room staff and his players.

There is something in this to be fair.

A couple or three months ago, many were banging on about top two. Now, it seems like the play-offs is the Holy Grail and, should Pearson achieve this, he's done wonders.

I still get frustrated at how so many City fans accept mediocrity as if its something brilliant.

Make no bones about it... To not even finish this season in the play-offs, given where we were is a huge failure on the part of Nige, his back room staff and his players.

Totally agree!!!!

Archived