Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Pearson to be Sacked.

I've always been a fan of continuity. Letting managers build their teams and getting on with their "project". Giving them time and all that.

On the other hand, I've never been a massive fan of Pearson - I thought he was a decent manager but not a world beater - but began to believe in him earlier this season due to the football we played at times. We got to second in the table, which I thought was indicative of the way we played. We did look bloody good at times. It all got my hopes up. I thought he'd proven me wrong. He brought in some excellent young players. And I was particularly impressed to see him not hesitate in shifting the likes of Beckford and Danns (and Mills) away to allow a better atmosphere. All good players (at least as squad members), but if he thought they were disruptive then fair play. Get rid. We did look good, makes me smile to think of how good we were. I was proud.

But then this. The run of late. The past month and a half. Absolutely no idea what has happened. We just don't look the same team.

Old faces, Gallagher and Wellens, start appearing again. Again, good players, but I thought we'd turned a corner from that. It looks like panic. Rather than a corner it is "turn to what you know". We limp to the international break - and out again - and nothing has changed. Now I'm feken worried. Looks like we might not even make the play offs. And even if we do scrape it in - then what? Out of form, devoid of confidence.

Solutions? Don't want another manager to come in now as it's too late. But then, if Nige turns it around and gets us in the play offs, will the owners be happy? And what if he somehow pulls it off - gets us to Wembley and into the Prem – is he the right man? Does he have what it takes, tactically, to fight against the big boys? He might you know, who knows. Prove me wrong Nice. Please.

I love LCFC. I spend all the time, effort and money I can on traveling around and watching us. And I'd love - given the chance - to spend it on watching us against 'better' teams a league above. That's what everybody wants, surely? We're a decent-sized club?

I always had my doubts whether Pearson would be the man to take us there. But I hoped I was wrong. Really did. I've been proven wrong so many other times. But looks like this isn't one of them.

Now I'm drunk. Having driven home from feken Barnsley - alone - and getting on it as soon as I got back. Wondering why I do it. And then I remember. Izzet. Joachim. Guppy (I could name more). And all those Liverpool away games, when we went there year after year to beat them. Oh yes. I do remember.

Like most people on here, I've got to go to work tomorrow. Drive in. Then sit there, probably hungover, and between doing what I'm paid to do, I'll think about where the next points are going to come from. Will me make it. Am I going to have to drive to fooken Barnsley and back again next season.

Apart from the hangover and the sitting, I hope that's exaclty what the LCFC boys will be doing tomorrow when they get to work. Between doing what they get paid for - thinking about where the next three points are coming from. Because the massive difference between them and me is that they can actually affect it. If they say that "fek it, you know what, this is where the next three points are coming from. And this is where the next three points after that, and the three after that...?" they can actually try and put that plan into action.

All I can do is wear a certain, 'lucky', faded t-shirt under my £40 Puma kit as that's the one I wore when Matty scored twice at Southend. Or maybe I should try and fit into the one I wore as an 18-year-old at Wembley when Claridge took us up in '96. Will it work? Of course not. But that's all I can do.

I don't have experience of a girlfriend or wife that chats, thank god (or at least they haven't been dumb enough to get caught) but I do know how it is to feel slightly cheated by your football club. All those promises. Hopes of something better. "This is the year" and all that. And now look at us. I'm drunk, my club's not performed. Cheated.

Anyway. Nobody probably read this so that's fine. I won't either. Good chance that I won't remember writing this tomorrow - no, sorry, this - morning. Good night. Hope Nigel's still our manager when I remember who and what LCFC is.

Would love Poyet, doubt it would happen though.

No we didn't

Seriously?...people have such short memories. I went to nearly every game in League One and loved it because we were so good, albeit the 3rd tier but everyone was buzzing, and for that I thank Nigel Pearson.

I think he'll go. Wrong decision and we'll look like more of a circus than we are now. The players should feel ashamed, they play poorly for 2 months, pick up their big wages, regardless of performances. Their manager gets the sack! Cruel game.

Anyone but Warnock.

If the players do have a meeting tomorrow then it would explain their unusual lack of activity on Twitter tonight.

Such a sad situation. This season we've played the best football we have in a long, long time, yet somewhere something has gone wrong very fast.

I don't want Nigel to go, but I fear he shall.

if your happy with championship football then pearson . just follow pearson to where ever he does go next if sacked if you like him that much. the bloke as no clue and would have been bombed out in any other job in life weeks ago

I've always been a fan of continuity. Letting managers build their teams and getting on with their "project". Giving them time and all that.

On the other hand, I've never been a massive fan of Pearson - I thought he was a decent manager but not a world beater - but began to believe in him earlier this season due to the football we played at times. We got to second in the table, which I thought was indicative of the way we played. We did look bloody good at times. It all got my hopes up. I thought he'd proven me wrong. He brought in some excellent young players. And I was particularly impressed to see him not hesitate in shifting the likes of Beckford and Danns (and Mills) away to allow a better atmosphere. All good players (at least as squad members), but if he thought they were disruptive then fair play. Get rid. We did look good, makes me smile to think of how good we were. I was proud.

But then this. The run of late. The past month and a half. Absolutely no idea what has happened. We just don't look the same team.

Old faces, Gallagher and Wellens, start appearing again. Again, good players, but I thought we'd turned a corner from that. It looks like panic. Rather than a corner it is "turn to what you know". We limp to the international break - and out again - and nothing has changed. Now I'm feken worried. Looks like we might not even make the play offs. And even if we do scrape it in - then what? Out of form, devoid of confidence.

Solutions? Don't want another manager to come in now as it's too late. But then, if Nige turns it around and gets us in the play offs, will the owners be happy? And what if he somehow pulls it off - gets us to Wembley and into the Prem – is he the right man? Does he have what it takes, tactically, to fight against the big boys? He might you know, who knows. Prove me wrong Nice. Please.

I love LCFC. I spend all the time, effort and money I can on traveling around and watching us. And I'd love - given the chance - to spend it on watching us against 'better' teams a league above. That's what everybody wants, surely? We're a decent-sized club?

I always had my doubts whether Pearson would be the man to take us there. But I hoped I was wrong. Really did. I've been proven wrong so many other times. But looks like this isn't one of them.

Now I'm drunk. Having driven home from feken Barnsley - alone - and getting on it as soon as I got back. Wondering why I do it. And then I remember. Izzet. Joachim. Guppy (I could name more). And all those Liverpool away games, when we went there year after year to beat them. Oh yes. I do remember.

Like most people on here, I've got to go to work tomorrow. Drive in. Then sit there, probably hungover, and between doing what I'm paid to do, I'll think about where the next points are going to come from. Will me make it. Am I going to have to drive to fooken Barnsley and back again next season.

Apart from the hangover and the sitting, I hope that's exaclty what the LCFC boys will be doing tomorrow when they get to work. Between doing what they get paid for - thinking about where the next three points are coming from. Because the massive difference between them and me is that they can actually affect it. If they say that "fek it, you know what, this is where the next three points are coming from. And this is where the next three points after that, and the three after that...?" they can actually try and put that plan into action.

All I can do is wear a certain, 'lucky', faded t-shirt under my £40 Puma kit as that's the one I wore when Matty scored twice at Southend. Or maybe I should try and fit into the one I wore as an 18-year-old at Wembley when Claridge took us up in '96. Will it work? Of course not. But that's all I can do.

I don't have experience of a girlfriend or wife that chats, thank god (or at least they haven't been dumb enough to get caught) but I do know how it is to feel slightly cheated by your football club. All those promises. Hopes of something better. "This is the year" and all that. And now look at us. I'm drunk, my club's not performed. Cheated.

Anyway. Nobody probably read this so that's fine. I won't either. Good chance that I won't remember writing this tomorrow - no, sorry, this - morning. Good night. Hope Nigel's still our manager when I remember who and what LCFC is.

That my friend nearly brought a tear to my eye.

I think he'll go. Wrong decision and we'll look like more of a circus than we are now. The players should feel ashamed, they play poorly for 2 months, pick up their big wages, regardless of performances. Their manager gets the sack! Cruel game.

Anyone but Warnock.

Warnock has retired.

Its the right decision to let him go, he chose the players, picks the team, gives them a plan to play to (probably) motivates (or in this case appears to demotivate) and has the biggest budget in the division with which to weave his magic. He inherited a squad 2 points off the play offs and leaves us about the same after 18 months of almost no progress.

He also has earnt around £1.5million for doing precisely nothing except wasting this time and demoralising our players. I think its a great game if you can get work like that. Poor you, you still believe in him......

I never understand people who get drunk and emotional about a football club. Weird behaviour.

Couldn't agree more. I've given myself an ASBO to stay away from here after 10pm. Bought one of those ankle things - it's in the post.

Anyone but Warnock.

Agree with all of this. The players must share the blame, people talk about Pearson 'losing the dressing room' but the players have a job to do and owe it to the fans and club to put in a performance which they haven't done enough in the past months.

Warnock has retired.

Its the right decision to let him go, he chose the players, picks the team, gives them a plan to play to (probably) motivates (or in this case appears to demotivate) and has the biggest budget in the division with which to weave his magic. He inherited a squad 2 points off the play offs and leaves us about the same after 18 months of almost no progress.

He also has earnt around £1.5million for doing precisely nothing except wasting this time and demoralising our players. I think its a great game if you can get work like that. Poor you, you still believe in him......

I don't think any manager could complain after such a shitty run of results, but we're still many, many miles better off than we were when NP returned. The squad is much better, has loads more potential, is much cheaper AND is way more valuable now.

We're also just outside of the playoffs at the end of the season, not the beginning, when every team is only a few points off the top.

Maybe you didn't notice, but we've spent virtually all season in the top 6, been 1st, bounced up to 2nd, been on 5 game winning streaks, and played some of the best football I've ever seen a Leicester side play.

I don't want you, or anyone else who always hated NP, to get smug now, because your opinion on this subject is totally meaningless. You disliked him when we looked unbeatable, and you even admitted you'd still dislike him if he got us promoted, so I can't see any way we can take anything you say about him seriously.

I don't think any manager could complain after such a shitty run of results, but we're still many, many miles better off than we were when NP returned. The squad is much better, has loads more potential, is much cheaper AND is way more valuable now.

We're also just outside of the playoffs at the end of the season, not the beginning, when every team is only a few points off the top.

Maybe you didn't notice, but we've spent virtually all season in the top 6, been 1st, bounced up to 2nd, been on 5 game winning streaks, and played some of the best football I've ever seen a Leicester side play.

I don't want you, or anyone else who always hated NP, to get smug now, because your opinion on this subject is totally meaningless. You disliked him when we looked unbeatable, and you even admitted you'd still dislike him if he got us promoted, so I can't see any way we can take anything you say about him seriously.

Now now, just because my opinion turned out to be right and your's is looking a little silly doesn't mean you should be all pissy.....I'd much rather he was half decent and had got us promoted, just never thought it was a possibility.

Spending most of a season in the top 6 but not the last few weeks when it counts is not an achievement, it is a failure - same as spending most of the season mid table and then finishing in the bottom 3 - it is not just that though, virtually everything you say is nonsense - he took over a team that had picked up 19 points from 39 under the old manager and that was not good enough for us now - NP's team have taken 12 from the last 39 but most alarmingly 6 from 33. None of the players bar Kasper look value for what we paid for them so where you get the increased value from I don't know?

Get rid, get someone who knows what they are doing in and lets see if the players are really any good (some are I think but many will be let go and probably not the ones you think)

Now now, just because my opinion turned out to be right and your's is looking a little silly.

Rubbish.

Your opinion looked a little silly in January and it will look silly again. Pearson is a good manager, he has built a strong squad and whilst it looks like he is about to be sacked that is no proof that you were right about his managerial ability, I'm confident that Pearson will go elsewhere if we make a silly mistake today and that he'll do a very good job there, just as he did with us first time around, with Hull and as he would do here if he was afforded this one poor run, which he should be considering everything he's done for us. Of course Leicester fans aren't like that, they want any manager gone at the first sign of trouble. Anyway the point is that you've got no right to say you're correct about Pearson yet, I mean even short term you thought that this season we'd be nowhere near, others like myself thought we'd be in the Play-Offs, it's not like that's impossible even if he does stay in the job.

Pearson picks the team and buys the players don't get me wrong the players have to show willing and put the effort in but for me it's Pearson that has to get them going. His tactics are wrong probably 50% of the time his away form will show that!

Now now, just because my opinion turned out to be right and your's is looking a little silly doesn't mean you should be all pissy.....I'd much rather he was half decent and had got us promoted, just never thought it was a possibility.

Spending most of a season in the top 6 but not the last few weeks when it counts is not an achievement, it is a failure - same as spending most of the season mid table and then finishing in the bottom 3 - it is not just that though, virtually everything you say is nonsense - he took over a team that had picked up 19 points from 39 under the old manager and that was not good enough for us now - NP's team have taken 12 from the last 39 but most alarmingly 6 from 33. None of the players bar Kasper look value for what we paid for them so where you get the increased value from I don't know?

Get rid, get someone who knows what they are doing in and lets see if the players are really any good (some are I think but many will be let go and probably not the ones you think)

Even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut. Just because you've hated Pearson and called for him to go ever since he was reappointed, doesn't mean you were 'right all along'.

Even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut. Just because you've hated Pearson and called for him to go ever since he was reappointed, doesn't mean you were 'right all along'.

In fairness to seenitall, I think thats exactly what it means.

Rubbish.

Your opinion looked a little silly in January and it will look silly again. Pearson is a good manager, he has built a strong squad and whilst it looks like he is about to be sacked that is no proof that you were right about his managerial ability, I'm confident that Pearson will go elsewhere if we make a silly mistake today and that he'll do a very good job there, just as he did with us first time around, with Hull and as he would do here if he was afforded this one poor run, which he should be considering everything he's done for us. Of course Leicester fans aren't like that, they want any manager gone at the first sign of trouble. Anyway the point is that you've got no right to say you're correct about Pearson yet, I mean even short term you thought that this season we'd be nowhere near, others like myself thought we'd be in the Play-Offs, it's not like that's impossible even if he does stay in the job.

He was pants at Hull and has been pants here - his light went out in the play off semis three years ago and he's been mid table garbage ever since - its just an opinion but one that stands more scrutiny than the 'messiah' tag his worshippers on here attach to him - he did well to get us out of League One but that was his finest moment and NOTHING he has done since has vaguely impressed, including paying over he odds for Premier league reserve players and non league strikers

He was pants at Hull and has been pants here - his light went out in the play off semis three years ago and he's been mid table garbage ever since - its just an opinion but one that stands more scrutiny than the 'messiah' tag his worshippers on here attach to him - he did well to get us out of League One but that was his finest moment and NOTHING he has done since has vaguely impressed, including paying over he odds for Premier league reserve players and non league strikers

So the whole, Play-Offs with Weale, Morrison, Brown, Hobbs, Berner, Oakley, King, Wellens, Dyer, Fryatt, Howard thing didn't impress you?

It does though doesn't it - just because I refused to see our lofty position this season as anything other than a blip and now we are returning to the tripe of last season post Xmas, why do I have to be the one who was wrong. I told you not to expect anything this season and you would not be disappointed but you had to get all excited..................

Archived