Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Pearson to be Sacked.

http://www.mirror.co...son-set-1797414

Out foxed: Nigel Pearson set for the sack after Leicester’s promotion bid hits the skids

1 Apr 2013 23:30

The Foxes, with one of the biggest budgets outside the Premier League, have slipped from second to seventh after one win in their last ten

Derby-County-v-Leicester-City--npower-Championship-1768412.jpgSet for the chop: Nigel Pearson's days at Leicester are numbered

Matthew Lewis

Nigel Pearson is facing the sack after Leicester’s promotion bid threatened to fall apart.

Leicester’s players have been called to an emergency club meeting on Tuesday after their third straight defeat.

The players fear Pearson could be sacked and the meeting will be to break the news after Leicester’s dismal run.

Leicester, with one of the biggest budgets outside the Premier League, have slipped from second to seventh after one win in their last 11.

Pearson is under mounting pressure and after seeing other clubs push the panic button the club’s hierarchy could be ready to act to save their push for the play-offs.

They may not want to miss out to Leeds on one of their managerial targets with Mark Hughes and Brighton’s Gus Poyet on Leicester’s radar.

Leicester have spent big and their latest defeat at struggling Barnsley left Pearson fearing the worst and clinging to his job.

Meanwhile Pearson says too many of his big-name players are underperforming, writesJames Nursey.

Pearson’s men were given the runaround by a Barnsley side fighting for their lives at the foot of the table and were booed off at half-time by the 2,000 travelling fans.

First-half goals from Chris O’Grady and a Michael Keane own goal were enough to secure a 2-0 victory for the Tykes.

The defeat leaves the Foxes with just one win in 11 and no away success since January.

Barnsley boss David Flitcroft said he would not have been embarrassed if his side had won 5-0, and Pearson (above) agreed.

“David is right in his assessment that it could have been five. We started the game badly and the performance was not acceptable.

“You can only give players so many chances and it’s unfortunate that I have to speak on these terms.

“I totally understand the frustration of the fans. Dealing with the expectation levels at the club is a big hindrance.â€

Barnsley were even awarded a penalty five minutes after the restart but Jason Scotland’s tame spot-kick was saved by Kasper Schmeichel’s legs.

Flitcroft said: “Leicester have some quality players and we went toe-to-toe with them.

“I wish I had been watching that on the television, that’s how much we dominated Leicester.â€

http://www.mirror.co...son-set-1797414

Out foxed: Nigel Pearson set for the sack after Leicester’s promotion bid hits the skids

1 Apr 2013 23:30

The Foxes, with one of the biggest budgets outside the Premier League, have slipped from second to seventh after one win in their last ten

Derby-County-v-Leicester-City--npower-Championship-1768412.jpgSet for the chop: Nigel Pearson's days at Leicester are numbered

Matthew Lewis

Nigel Pearson is facing the sack after Leicester’s promotion bid threatened to fall apart.

Leicester’s players have been called to an emergency club meeting on Tuesday after their third straight defeat.

The players fear Pearson could be sacked and the meeting will be to break the news after Leicester’s dismal run.

Leicester, with one of the biggest budgets outside the Premier League, have slipped from second to seventh after one win in their last 11.

Pearson is under mounting pressure and after seeing other clubs push the panic button the club’s hierarchy could be ready to act to save their push for the play-offs.

They may not want to miss out to Leeds on one of their managerial targets with Mark Hughes and Brighton’s Gus Poyet on Leicester’s radar.

Leicester have spent big and their latest defeat at struggling Barnsley left Pearson fearing the worst and clinging to his job.

Meanwhile Pearson says too many of his big-name players are underperforming, writesJames Nursey.

Pearson’s men were given the runaround by a Barnsley side fighting for their lives at the foot of the table and were booed off at half-time by the 2,000 travelling fans.

First-half goals from Chris O’Grady and a Michael Keane own goal were enough to secure a 2-0 victory for the Tykes.

The defeat leaves the Foxes with just one win in 11 and no away success since January.

Barnsley boss David Flitcroft said he would not have been embarrassed if his side had won 5-0, and Pearson (above) agreed.

“David is right in his assessment that it could have been five. We started the game badly and the performance was not acceptable.

“You can only give players so many chances and it’s unfortunate that I have to speak on these terms.

“I totally understand the frustration of the fans. Dealing with the expectation levels at the club is a big hindrance.â€

Barnsley were even awarded a penalty five minutes after the restart but Jason Scotland’s tame spot-kick was saved by Kasper Schmeichel’s legs.

Flitcroft said: “Leicester have some quality players and we went toe-to-toe with them.

“I wish I had been watching that on the television, that’s how much we dominated Leicester.â€

What a strange comment.

If the players do have a meeting tomorrow then it would explain their unusual lack of activity on Twitter tonight.

Such a sad situation. This season we've played the best football we have in a long, long time, yet somewhere something has gone wrong very fast.

I don't want Nigel to go, but I fear he shall.

Apparently Di Matteo is very interested in the job, after winning the Champions League with Chelsea he is looking for a tougher challenge

Linky link? Getting hopes up only to dash them isn't the way to go...

Besides, there is a risk of there becoming several Pearson-sacked related threads. Surely this one could have been merged elsewhere?

And besides, the media is bound to have this one in a stranglehold given the Foxes' alarming fall from grace. Leicester Mercury or Jason Bourne are my only sources.

The mirror are usually right???? About what??

The mirror are hardly the most reliable source in the country are they?

I think they are.

The Mirror has called just about every major change at Leicester before anyone else.

People's hostility to the Mirror stems from them reporting Martin Allen was due to be sacked after four games. Allen was popular at the time, mostly due to his online communication with fans, and it also seemed pretty unlikely he would be sacked after such a short time.

But they were right.

if the barnsley manager said he'd wish it was on tv ,just shows how shit and gutless we've become ,the buck stops with :pearson: he's reportedly the highest paid championship manager?for what ever reason its gone tits up he should of been able to pull it round.........if he was up to the job...... and it looks like he's not,so bye nige, onto the merry go round again we go HANG ON ! :scarf:

The mirror are usually right???? About what??

The mirror are hardly the most reliable source in the country are they?

Always been right about Leicester manager changes as far as I can recall

I'm still waiting for him to be sacked after losing the Sheffield Wednesday game where the papers said he'd be sacked if we lost.

lol it links us with Poyet who turned Reading down & will be at Chelsea if Brighton go up... Or will stick with Brighton until a big job comes up.

Reckon I'll be waking up tomorrow to see him sacked.

Fvcking players, really don't give a shit about the club do they. Been an absolutely shit day for us.

So do I, I remember when Villa sacked McLeish villa fans knew the day before it was going to happen, next day he was sacked though it didn't happen till tea time i remember, came home from college to see that. It's shame we couldn't be able to say a proper goodbye to Pearson thank him probably for our league one campaign.

Archived