Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mitch_lcfc_1993

Our run in isn't as hard as it looks...?

Despite having only top half teams left to play, based on the form table (last 6 games) we can have confidence that we can still get a play off position...

Remaining Fixtures

Brighton (A): 18th (6 points)

Birmingham (H): 5th (10)

Bolton (H): 3rd (12)

Crystal Palace (A): 17th (7)

Watford (H): 13th (8)

Forest (A): 1st (14)

Despite Brighton/Forest (5), the remaining 4 teams have conceded at least 6 goals in as many games. Despite recent results, we still have the best defence in the championship, and are joint 3rd for highest number of goals scored.

We can still do this, the league has never been as tight as this season, so let's support the lads instead of getting on their backs, and we will be off to Wembley in May!

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/CurrentForm/0,,10794~20127,00.html

Keep the Faith!

p.s. anyone wondering why I've been so sad to research this, I'm stuck in bed with man flu, not what I usually like doing on a Thursday afternoon.

It's great to look at the form of the teams we're playing, but if we're considering their form, we should be considering our own too. If you're suggesting our form could change, so too could theirs. I do agree though - it's not all bad news. I wouldn't like to be playing against the teams fighting for their lives. Wolves for example have been playing well all season and their results haven't reflected their performances - they could easily have beaten us at KP and could've beaten Boro too. Barnsley are looking good at the minute too. I think a lot of the 3rd-6th placed teams have to play each other too don't they?

...This is in our own hands really. We have to play Palace, Watford, Brighton and Forest. We might be behind them all, but we need to win our games. This in our hands, as a manager, players and supporters. Let's really get behind the team and give them a reason to play well. BLUE ARMY!!!

I know that we aren't the in form team, but the fact that we are playing teams that aren't in that good form either is a positive. Like MKaiser said it is probably better than playing bottom half teams, all of which are in a relegation battle (only 6 points seperate 11th and 22nd). It seems that the bottom half teams are in form (Barnsley, Wolves, Ipswich, Barnsley, Peterborough, Millwall and Blackpool in the top half of form table, despite being in bottom half overall.

We have to support the team, keep the faith and come May we will be in the play offs!

Believe!

...This is in our own hands really. We have to play Palace, Watford, Brighton and Forest. We might be behind them all, but we need to win our games. This in our hands, as a manager, players and supporters. Let's really get behind the team and give them a reason to play well. BLUE ARMY!!!

One would hope self respect was reason enough. Failing that professionalism, then promotion and last of all the desire to please a baying mob.

Palace (75 Points)

Barnsley (H): Draw

Ipswich (A): Draw

Leicester (H): Draw

Blackburn (A): Win

Millwall (A): Draw

Peterborugh (H): Win

Forest (71 Points)

Blackpool (H): Win

Cardiff (A): Lose

Middlesbrough (A): Draw

Barnsley (H): Win

Millwall (A): Draw

Brighton (71 Points)

Middlesbrough (A): Draw

Peterborough (A): Draw

Blackpool (H): Win

Leeds (A): Draw

Wolves (H): Win

Leicester (71 Points)

Brighton (A): Draw

Birmingham (H): Win

Bolton (H): Win

Palace (A): Draw

Watford (H): Win

Forest (A): Draw

Our best defence in the league could become absolutely pivotal to whether we make the top 6! If this happens then we should finish in the top 6 due to our better goal difference, be better to do it in easier fashion, but let's see.

Honestly on form we should lose 6 out of 6.

You think we will beat free scoring Watford?

Bolton are slowly getting better and have an outside chance of the play offs

Birmingham are similar to Bolton in that they are improving.

Palace may be beatable, they are hit and miss under Hollowhead who always manages to lose to us.

Forest seems like a good candidate for a draw.

Some of our rivals will face teams with nothing to play for where as we have a tough run in.

ADK, there is nobody in the championship this season with nothing to fight for. 11th placed Birmingham only 5 points from Safety, but 5 points from play offs. They could go either way, it's so tight that everybody is fighting for either survival or promotion. Never seen a season like it.

I honestly think 4 wins out of 6 would sneak us into the play offs - but from those matches... couldn't have asked for harder fixtures. Although, the major positive is that with each win we're taking points off of a rival.

If we need to go to Forest on the last day, to win then I reckon we'd be screwed, need to be in there, above Brighton by the last game. Massive ask but 71/72 points could do the trick.

Theres alot of six pointers for us if we can take advantage we are back on track lets give it all weve got against albion get a result our luck is about to change lets get behind the team and spur them on instead of looking for faults were still in a great position to take a play off place its not over yet

Archived